test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adding "Fleet Captain" and "Commodore" Titles to Flag Officers

13»

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @psiameese said:

> There isn't any reason to bring up the FCT.

Normally there wouldn't, but given current trends, anything is possible here. :(
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • jimk3ksjimk3ks Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    The U.S. Navy still uses Commodore as a title. When a senior captain is in command of multiple ships (destroyer squadron, for example), he/she uses the title of commodore to give them seniority over the other ship captains in the squadron. Whether, commodore or fleet captain is used anymore in the trek can be debated forever but I think they are cool ranks and should be used. I'd also like to be able to promote your bridge officers to captain once your character attains the rank of fleet admiral. IMHO. Have fun!!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I'm still waiting for the Title 'Mucho Grande Almirante'. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Its possible that sometime before TMP the rank of Commodore was retired, or is only used in an honorary capacity.

I honestly don't know if its in use in modern times either. I know the rank existed, but does it still exist is the question.

no. the Navy retired "Commodore" and replaced it with Rear Adm Lower Half
    the commanding officer of a destroyer squadron has the rank of Captain but the commodore honorific

I'd support 10 level ranks as follows

t1 ens
    t2 Ltjg
    t3 Lt
    t4 Lcdr
    t5 Cdr
    t6 Capt
    T7 Fleet Capt
    T8 Commodore
    T9 Rear Admiral
    T10 Vice
    T11 Adm
    T12 Fleet Adm
    Obviously we would be at the Captain level now, and if they release Level 70 and T7, Fleet captain.
    it leaves a lot of room for expansion. the down side is I do not know if there are romulan / Klingon / Jemmy counterparts
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    Bring back the A.S.S. as a permanent option, and add the Okey Dokey to it, please.

no, please. I can't play the game with A.S.S. i'm laughing too hard. first time I ran it my boyfriend was WTF???
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Why would Starfleet Officers mention a rank that has been discontinued? Therefore, there is no way to get confirmation that Commodore was discontinued in the 24th Century. Personally, I think Cryptic should add a Rank option that includes a ton of options included in the Titles category like Master Chef that is used by the npcs to reference our characters.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »
    Why would Starfleet Officers mention a rank that has been discontinued? Therefore, there is no way to get confirmation that Commodore was discontinued in the 24th Century. Personally, I think Cryptic should add a Rank option that includes a ton of options included in the Titles category like Master Chef that is used by the npcs to reference our characters.
    We can already choose our title, that option should be used.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    arionisa wrote: »
    Bring back the A.S.S. as a permanent option, and add the Okey Dokey to it, please.

no, please. I can't play the game with A.S.S. i'm laughing too hard. first time I ran it my boyfriend was WTF???

Ok, I have to ask since I can't figure it out. What is A.S.S? Only time I've seen it referenced is to admiralty cards.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @echatty said:
    > Ok, I have to ask since I can't figure it out. What is A.S.S? Only time I've seen it referenced is to admiralty cards.

Artisanal Sound System. Just look it up on youtube :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Thank you, AT.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.