test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random Task Force Operations... SOLD!!!

unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
All you had to do was this , and you NAILED IT!
fb24244e7fb19d46962f6155420ba66f1535753916.png
I am sold on this idea!

WELL DONE!
I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User
    MOAR!!! MOAR!!! MOAR OF THIS!!! PLEASE!!!
    2506e7bb1a6648944d37ca35344dbf4e1535753932.png
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
    Me: YES!!!! Please SIR MAY I HAVE SOME more......?

Crazy Admiral: Here you go!

b66a9edd4c31f34ab48da778fd5081341535753956.png

Me: SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! You so sexy now!

e1b35eac680eb209280f5f938292c6ef1535753971.png

Crazy ( But now sexy) Admiral: You know it!
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I am worried about how the new name is going to affect the usage of GTFO
  • necrofuznecrofuz Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    To the BRILLIANT individual that came up with these pics.... I TELL you sir or madam....... You are a genius! As you can see from the above posts... Others approve as well! Thank you!

To the Developers and team members that came up with the idea of TFO's and how it works... I say to you gentlemen and ladies...... APPLAUSE!!!! YES! PLEASE! I greatly approve of this future plan!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Cool pics, indeed.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    This is a good idea, and is more casual-friendly than other MMOs like Final Fantasy XIV where you need to complete more than one queue to get any bonus reward.

Some queues might fail since no one knows what to do, but since the bonus reward is equal or better to an extra Red Alert if you succeed once and fail once you'll at least break even.

Even better, the bonus is equal to the Red Alert *with daily marks bonus*. So if you're grinding for say Temporal Marks, you could do one GTFO and get the queue marks + daily bonus for Temporal + GTFO box with another 60+ Temporal marks. Want more? Do another queue and while you won't get the daily again you still get the GTFO bonus.
    This is a good idea, and is more casual-friendly than other MMOs like Final Fantasy XIV where you need to complete more than one queue to get any bonus reward.

Speaking of FFXIV..... I think STO needs a "Hildibrand"... I think this admiral SHOULD BE THE GUY!

maxresdefault.jpg

• rimmarierimmarie Member Posts: 418 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    isn't the guy in the pics Kurland?
    James_Kurland.jpg?version=ea4780b7d2409fccd3b05c8628fd3b9d
    he sure looks like Kurland.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Kurland Here!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    ok.. so what am i missing???
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    ok.. so what am i missing???

Reading the NEWS tab and GNN to find out about events and new features in STO?

Without reading, you'll never know, and: https://youtu.be/pele5vptVgc
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    That first picture is almost begging to be modded to a meme about 'effing nothing' ...kid of like this idea itself which seems dead before arrival
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    yakodym wrote: »
    I am worried about how the new name is going to affect the usage of GTFO

I've already taken to calling them FOOT.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    hate to be the doom and gloom person but this is SO going to backfire. if i am reading this correctly you queue and it will toss you into a random PVE queue. how many people will enter the queue, say dang I did not want to do gates of Grethor and exit, TRIBBLE thier teammates
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,194 Arc User
    Can't wait to see the army of people randomly queuing but quitting as soon as the mission starts. There is a reason why those PvEs are permanently empty. Leaver Penalty is not a deterrent but a reward to do something more interesting than a dead grindfest.

I hope they do increase the drop rates for rewards. Randomness does not mean better as once tried in queues before this game went F2P. I guess it will be a complete circle when Dstahl removed it and now finding its way back again to STO.​​
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    So they arnt addressing why the QUE's arnt being played? Like, take to long, dont reward, boring, overly difficult? I mean, its sooooo much fun to get into a mission that says do X for 15 minutes... Oh and heres 20 marks when your done. Yeah, I wont be doing more gambling in STO... We have enough already.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @lexusk19 said:
    > So they arnt addressing why the QUE's arnt being played? Like, take to long, dont reward, boring, overly difficult? I mean, its sooooo much fun to get into a mission that says do X for 15 minutes... Oh and heres 20 marks when your done. Yeah, I wont be doing more gambling in STO... We have enough already.

Those "reasons" are all subjective and there is no general consensus about them among the playerbase, no matter who claims otherwise.

This still doesnt negate my reasons. Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean that it isnt true. Thats the reasoning behind my friends and fleet.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    So they arnt addressing why the QUE's arnt being played? Like, take to long, dont reward, boring, overly difficult? I mean, its sooooo much fun to get into a mission that says do X for 15 minutes... Oh and heres 20 marks when your done. Yeah, I wont be doing more gambling in STO... We have enough already.

They aren't addressing the low number of marks ... by giving you an extra box of 50-250 marks and 500-2500 dil?

Anyway, if all you care about is marks, just do one Borg Red Alert a day and collect the daily marks box. Which you'd also get by doing that one TFO queue, but it's true that might take longer.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    If that was the main reason those TFOs are unpopular they'd at least get played a little. The main reason is worse. People don't CARE that they exist. IE no one plays them because they have no reason to want the rewards.

for example: Storming the Spire is a Voth queue. Which means that it must directly compete with the ground warzone for people's grinding time... and the Voth ground warzone really is the most popular ground warzone ever.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Yeah... I still say you gotta google any acronym before you use it for your project. Come on! It takes like 3 seconds to check!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah... I still say you gotta google any acronym before you use it for your project. Come on! It takes like 3 seconds to check!
    I dare you to google a random combination of 3 letters just to see what it's been used for in the past.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Weren't they called STF before? Now it's TFO. Ground TFO... Oops.

But I appreciate the self-ironic humor in the announcement and I think in principle it's a good idea to randomize things
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Not sold at all. Forcing ppl, in pugs, to cooperate has never worked before. I foresee a mess, when ppl are being queued for something which (because of RNG) turns out to be something they don't want to/can do. Ppl will bale, grumpily take the Penalty, and leave the rest in even further disarray.

If you want to revitalize the queues, make them inherently more interesting.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > Not sold at all. Forcing ppl, in pugs, to cooperate has never worked before. I foresee a mess, when ppl are being queued for something which (because of RNG) turns out to be something they don't want to/can do. Ppl will bale, grumpily take the Penalty, and leave the rest in even further disarray.
    >
    > If you want to revitalize the queues, make them inherently more interesting.

I don't think this is the problem. The players are just too lethargic at this point to do anything that's outside the acceptable "time to reward" ratio of 2 minute cakewalks because this has been ground into their brains for at least five years now.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    If that was the main reason those TFOs are unpopular they'd at least get played a little. The main reason is worse. People don't CARE that they exist. IE no one plays them because they have no reason to want the rewards.
    Right. And the extra reward from this is just more of the same. Even if the epic box dropped every time, it wouldn't be nearly enough to make long queues competitive with CCA in dil grinding.

It may be somewhat competitive with the alerts on marks grinding, though.
This discussion has been closed.