test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Enter the Breach!

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Lots of useful info here. Thanks a lot. I will try it and stick it out on my accts. Another fun thing to do for a nice reward.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    My experience of AFKers in events, just participate and earn the reward like everyone else has to.
    Just how are we meant to do that when there is only a task for 1 person to do in the trench run and there is no useful way for the other 4 to participate, advanced and earn rewards? The other 4 either go AFK or mess around doing nothing useful.

At least make the effort to take part, that's all
    But how? There is nothing to do, I do not see any way to make an effort to take part which is why we go AFK.
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Idk, instead of giving out 1000 zen skip-10-days, wouldn't it be better to just turn these 14-day events into weekend events? Honestly, I think it's just a hastily thought up scheme to siphon some more zen out of the market before AoD is released...
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    tobiashirt wrote: »
    At this rate 2018 will be remembered as the year of event overload

It's pretty much been non-stop events of some sort for the last 3-4yrs
    yakodym wrote: »
    Idk, instead of giving out 1000 zen skip-10-days, wouldn't it be better to just turn these 14-day events into weekend events? Honestly, I think it's just a hastily thought up scheme to siphon some more zen out of the market before AoD is released...

How does that get them extra cash if it's a 3-day event? The cash is the reason for offering a skip. And in a F2P game, go for it. Make all sorts convenience things like that, imo.

And sadly, there are no new ships bigger than the Universe class so people can't do "Will It Fit?" Part 2. :D
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »
    I thought the Dino was a combat pet? I will never see anyone in combat....I don't do group stuff. Unless, they let you use it in WW.

I don't know what "WW" is, and I don't go out of my way to do group events either (just the bare minimum). The only thing I'm aware of being restricted to MP content is the competitive rep stuff, which is just trash. Combat pets work in standard solo missions as well.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited September 2018
    yakodym wrote: »

Getting that skip TURNS it into a Weekend event. lol
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    I don't know what "WW" is...

Shorthand for Q's Winter Wonderland, aka the Winter Event map.

(blarg)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    Lots of useful info here. Thanks a lot. I will try it and stick it out on my accts. Another fun thing to do for a nice reward.
    One run a day is pretty easy TBH. The parts that were annoyingly time consuming in the original are out, so it's less than 10 minutes per run. the trench part can be less than 1.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Thanks Mark. Going to give it a try on my characters. Don't feel like doing something I've never done on more than two players. My Lifer and my F2P.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    I don't know what "WW" is...

Shorthand for Q's Winter Wonderland, aka the Winter Event map.

(blarg)

Duh /facepalm
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    My experience of AFKers in events, just participate and earn the reward like everyone else has to.
    Just how are we meant to do that when there is only a task for 1 person to do in the trench run and there is no useful way for the other 4 to participate, advanced and earn rewards? The other 4 either go AFK or mess around doing nothing useful.

But how? There is nothing to do, I do not see any way to make an effort to take part which is why we go AFK.

Stay with the team and make enemies go boom, the trench run is fine as long as you take part and hit targets. You just need to stick with your team. Even if you get very few hardpoint kills in the trench, there's plenty of enemy ships inside the city ship for you to shoot at.
    Just take part and play, you'll be helping your team and you'll earn your reward the best way.
    Post edited by theraven2378 on
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      Stay on target! Stay on target!
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
      ltminns wrote: »
      Stay on target! Stay on target!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnP5iDKwuwk
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Stay with the team and make enemies go boom, the trench run is fine as long as you take part and hit targets. You just need to stick with your team. Even if you get very very kills in the trench, there's plenty of enemy ships inside the city ship for you to shoot at.
      Just take part and play, you'll be helping your team and you'll earn your reward the best way.
      But there is no way to take part and earn rewards in the trench run for 4 players. Hitting targets is not being helpful and does not earn extra rewards or make it go faster. Sticking together is not helpful or possible when the fastest player goes zooming ahead. As far as I can see in the trench run unless you are in the fastest ship the only thing to do is go AFK or mess around doing nothing useful. Which is why I do not understand why people are so against being AFK in that section.

You keep saying take part but you do not seem to get there is no way to take part that is useful in the trench run as it’s a badly designed mission. There is a task for 1 player to do and the other 4 players are left AFK with nothing to do.

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
      shpoks wrote: »
      rattler2 wrote: »
      Cryptic's F2P model is still one of the most generous out there. Compared to others like EA... Cryptic are F2P Saints with their generosity.

I concur. STO's F2P model is the best there is, period.

After playing Warframe, not even close.

STO's F2P model IS much better than EA's (but then again, it's pretty much a given for every other company that doesn't wish to have a bad enough reputation), but Warframe does it better because:

-you always have new content fast, whether it's a special mission event, a livestream (BTW, after most important livestreams, the devs put a quick easy mission with a rare reward, while also giving you a chance for free "Zen" during all streams), free stuff, awareness event,

-those who can't go at their conventions still can grab digital packs (seriously, Cryptic, make this happen, please),

-no event needs time-gated grind of several weeks, most can be completed in a few hours,

-whenever a new frame is released, they have a nice little story to accompany it (the last one was about how fear in reasonable doses is necessary to avoid making stupid and tragic mistakes due to overconfidence, using the death of a child who grew fearless and reckless until he killed himself while climbing a tower too high as a analogy to a warrior who chose to let out the eldritch abomination he was guarding and constantly sealing back because he was growing bored from the challenge-free routine),

-all stuff can be acquired for free and sold for their equivalent of Zen,

-you can buy a premium access to the newest stuff, instead of doing the grind, but you get the stuff with a free slot for each and a huge amount of Zen in the process and you can later upgrade to a bigger package. The equivalent in STO would be something like buying a ship for $50, except it's already at mastery tier 5, you get 2000 Zen, and a free ship slot. And if you want the 3-ship deal, you pay the difference, instead of literally buying the first ship again in the package.

-their equivalent of the lootboxes is opened by doing certain free missions that are always active and you get to choose your types of missions and your copy of a teammate's reward if you play in a team if the odds aren't nice to you. And you can improve the boxes' odds for free

-You can also randomly get Zen purchase discounts as daily rewards, from -20% to -75%.

STO is very very nice compared to TOR that literally locks you out of certain rewards if you're not a subscriber (how is this even tolerated?), but Warframe is something above. It's not the same style, but it's much more free-player-friendly.
      #TASforSTO
      Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
      Found myself wondering if they've done anything to sort the "deadwater" in the trench flow to actually match up better with the nodes. First ones not too bad but the second is miles off with where its been placed.

Probably not as wonky map design seems to be considerd a feature.
      But there is no way to take part and earn rewards in the trench run for 4 players. Hitting targets is not being helpful and does not earn extra rewards or make it go faster.
      You do know that there is an optional for hitting weak points right? And weak points give a surprisingly high number of points for star ship mastery.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
    • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
      > @szim said:
      > If people can buy a reputation pack that lets them finish the project within 4 days you might as well get rid of the CD timer entirely. If people want to do 14 Breach runs on the same day to finish the project, why not let them?

There’s no money in that!

As for the event, totally skipping this one. Absolutely does not appeal to me what’s so ever.

Being “time poor” lately, didn’t have a chance to finish the last one, but a C-Store boost wouldn’t have helped me considering I’m 1 or 2 shards from completion. It would have been a waste of Zen.
      edited September 2018
      But there is no way to take part and earn rewards in the trench run for 4 players. Hitting targets is not being helpful and does not earn extra rewards or make it go faster.
      You do know that there is an optional for hitting weak points right? And weak points give a surprisingly high number of points for star ship mastery.
      In this streamline version shooting the weakpoints is pointless for the team and from a team point of view the same as being AFK. You are not helping the team, the mission doesn’t go any faster and the rewards do not change. If you stop to shoot the weak points you are contributing the same amount as the people who are AFK.
    • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
      Awesome to get a Raptor pet!
      I assume it'll only be used temporarily, like engineering drones and Hortas.

This is the event I despise most in STO.
      Because of the players who don't check their targets when it comes to the fake cores.
      It's the only time in the game I am tempted to go AFK, because I don't want to be in the room with all the exploding fakes because some player is mindlessly pressing the fire on target keybind or using autofire protocols.
      Every time it happens, I think of this video:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADh9mqWdNSg

And don't bother with discussions about Science Team clearing the debuff, I know full well it does, but I shouldn't have to use it as idiot proofing technology. Assuming my ship has it, most of them do not.

So I'm glad there is a bundle to cut 10 days out of my frustration.
      I'll happily buy it because it means I'll only have to tolerate that queue for 4 days instead of 14!

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
      Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
      No gamma marks in the rewards yet so it seems they still consider the waiting zone and swarm to be active enough for mark earning. Unlike lukari which was swept under the bug ridden carpet as soon as they could get away with it.
    • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
      Dinosaur on a Starbase!

Game_Client_2018_09_06_18_08_35_97.png
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
      Fed JHD & KDF JHD... which of the 2 is gonna run this? Hmmm. If I had a way to see which of the 2 had more/less ques done I'd know which to use.
    • toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
      edited September 2018
      dear cryptic !
      what would be worth 3000 credits ???

i mean that THING has a SADDLE ...or do i loook bad ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

877054ba47178c729f43078dfb81a5941535981943.jpg

YEEEEEEEEES !!!! will have !

latest?cb=20160220050752

riding RIGHT TRUE THE EARTH SPACE DOCK and let behind a nice little gift on commanders Table !
    • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
      As I stated previously, the first time this abbreviated Breach was released Lukari Marks were a choice and that was ONLY 36 days after the Reputation released. We are at 94 for Gamma.

Perhaps the Marks rich Shuttle Event on the 20th will add Gamma Marks as a choice. We will be over 100 days by then.

The only reasonable explanation for the Gamma Marks drought in other Queues is they are biding time with that Reputation until T6 drops and they don't want to tinker with individual Queue code while they are tinkering with a more wholistic code concerning Reputation Marks in general.
      'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
      Judge Dan Haywood
      'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
      l don't know.
      l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
      That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
      Lt. Philip J. Minns
    • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
      toraknu wrote: »
      dear cryptic !
      what would be worth 3000 credits ???

i mean that THING has a SADDLE ...or do i loook bad ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO

877054ba47178c729f43078dfb81a5941535981943.jpg

YEEEEEEEEES !!!! will have !

latest?cb=20160220050752

riding RIGHT TRUE THE EARTH SPACE DOCK and let behind a nice little gift on commanders Table !

Go back to the 80s, and look for a cartoon called Dino Riders. More accurate than Tauntaun.
      In this streamline version shooting the weakpoints is pointless for the team and from a team point of view the same as being AFK. You are not helping the team, the mission doesn’t go any faster and the rewards do not change. If you stop to shoot the weak points you are contributing the same amount as the people who are AFK.
      Really? have you actually managed to get the weak point optional to verify that it doesn't count in terms of marks received?
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Really? have you actually managed to get the weak point optional to verify that it doesn't count in terms of marks received?
      Only in the original best version that is no longer in game.

In the streamline version I don’t think I have seen it go past 10%, perhaps 20% at most. It’s never had any impact what so ever. In all the streamline runs I have done over the years shooting the weakpoints has been the same contribution as sitting AFK.
    • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      I have a interceptor on all my characters ("Die Wilde Wutz") which is basically unarmed but stuffed with everything boosting flight speed to make it to the entrance point in a couple of seconds. After that though the team has to bring the hurt xD
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
      "anti-proton lasers" Do we need to have the 'particles vs. waves' talk?
      Bosons and fermions, really...

Zany idea, totally unsupported by any real physical calculation, of how you could make something that is, technically, arguably, if you squint hard enough, an anti-proton laser: A stream of antiprotons cooled enough to make a Bose-Einstein condensate... But it would only really work in the vacuum...