test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 9/6/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 9/6 at 7AM Pacific on all platforms. PC will be down for an estimated 2.5 hours. Console will be down for an estimated 2 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here. No Patch notes for Console, just routine maintenance.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    "Cardassian Bridge Officers of Uncommon, Rare, and very-Rare qualities are available as a Duty Officer Recruitment Assignments."

Awesome, this makes me immensely happy! :) Much appreciated and Garak approves as well.
    S0Vgdsp.gif

HQroeLu.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    YAY! Gorn costume fix!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    •Resolved an issue that prevented some 23rd Century Tellarite, Gorn, Klingon, and Andorian costume options from being available to players that had completed the 23rd Century Story Arc on any character.

YAY! Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!!

My Gorn is ecstatic! Have a boulder! (As ammo, if you can lift it. Not to be thrown AT you!)

My Klingon and Andorian are also very happy! My Tellarite BOFF seems slightly less grumpy than usual, too.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I'm curious as to what these Klingon, Tellarite, and Andorian outfits that were unavailable are.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'm curious as to what these Klingon, Tellarite, and Andorian outfits that were unavailable are.
    I'm thinking specific costume parts, not full outfits.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I expected that. But other than the missing Gorn parts... I don't know what's missing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • christopher082christopher082 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Will the Cardassian Boffs only be available to accounts that have unlocked the race? My KDF Privateer has an alien gen Card, but it would be nice to have the real thing.
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    Can I address the rather significant error in the patch notes:
    Added Crafting Weekend event to 9/6-9/10.

Really? I thought this was a R&D event.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10993973-research-and-development-weekend%21
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    ajm1067 wrote: »

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10993973-research-and-development-weekend%21

Good question.. this is a frequent occurance now. Nothing is proof read, people just type some sloppy announcement with information that might or might not be accurate and hit 'post.'

And of course no one will clarify or even fix the announcement, they'll just leave us to figure it out for ourselves. We won't know if it's an upgrade weekend or not until the server comes up from maintenance.

This stuff is seriously getting ridiculous @ambassadorkael#6946 We're getting tired of trying to guess what you really mean, I understand that the name of the company is 'Cryptic' but please.. we need more accurate information.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Read the Announcement. It is Crafting. You get more crafting Mats from nodes and R&D Packs. You get a 50% Craft XP Bonus. You don't get double Technology Points for gear Upgrades. That is not what this Weekend is. That Tech Upgrade is normally called an Upgrade Weekend. This is an R&D Weekend.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited September 2018
    ltminns wrote: »
    Read the Announcement. It is Crafting. You get more crafting Mats from nodes and R&D Packs. You get a 50% Craft XP Bonus. You don't get double Technology Points for gear Upgrades. That is not what this Weekend is. That Tech Upgrade is normally called an Upgrade Weekend. This is an R&D Weekend.

I did read it, but thank you for your snide comment.

This is a Research and Development weekend, not an Upgrade Weekend. They are two very different things.

The announcement is even more ambigious since there is actually no such thing as a 'Crafting Weekend.' These events have always been called 'Research and Development Weekend' as clearly outlined in the presumably Correct announcment.

This is the type of 'cryptic' terminology that needs to stop.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Polaric Modulator Engineering Console has been increased to 100%, from 20%.
    I swear that module was completely bugged and I hope in addition to the increase its other properties also work:
    "+5 Inertia
    +11.2% Flight Speed
    +20% Turn Rate while in Slipstream
    Adds 7.5% of your Weapon power to your Engines power as bonus power
    +18.8% Flight Turn Rate"
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Seem to remember there were crafting events on back before crafting was converted into an offline timesink.

But that was a LONG time ago so can't be blamed for dodgy info being given on current events.
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    Do you not update the console anymore?
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    shpoks wrote: »
    "Cardassian Bridge Officers of Uncommon, Rare, and very-Rare qualities are available as a Duty Officer Recruitment Assignments."

Awesome, this makes me immensely happy! :) Much appreciated and Garak approves as well.
    S0Vgdsp.gif

I'm Commander Tolanna and I approve this message.
    Seriously, I've been waiting for VR Cardassian BOFFs for my Cardassian Captain for a while now.
    It's good to find out they are available.

But how do we obtain them?
    Is the assignment random? Do we have to go around Sector Space seeking it out?
    Or is there a specific point of contact to pick up the mission directly?

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It was not a snide comment as the content made it clear what this was, but I apologize if you took it as such. I agree the News Blogs around here are poorly worded mostly and have said so numerous times in the past.

There is no such thing as a Crafting Weekend and I believe the term was used generically.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    ajm1067 wrote: »

You craft via R&D, but the terminology, as Sea suggested, could benefit from some clarity and consistency. For the Gamma Recruit rewards, for instance, Upgrading falls under R&D.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    ltminns wrote: »
    It was not a snide comment as the content made it clear what this was, but I apologize if you took it as such.

No need man, it's probably me that should apologize to you.

I read stuff like this and it just aggravates me, maybe more then it should. The total lack of care that Cryptic puts into communication has been eating away at me for quite a while, and I probably vented it at the wrong target.

We're all cool man.. unless you wrote the blog post, if so then I have a bone to pick with you sir! :smiley:
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    Maintenance is now complete. Thanks for your patience and we'll see you in game!
This discussion has been closed.