test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Program Video Driver Troubles Sept 5, 2018

where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Tribble - Bug Reports
Brought up Tribble...the first time. Got a pop up window indicating my computer graphics card is older and program needs to come up in lower setting mode. Heck with that....I told it to use the default settings.

Running around First City with my Tac...graphics look "off". I am getting flashes of black here and there on my character. Weird. I fiddle a bit with Bloom. It's somewhat OK, now.

Then on the character select screen I have a notification in the left hand corner: Your graphics driver is out of date!!! Bad Mary!

So...Google around a bit...and find the graphics driver on my card is 388.13....latest on the NVIDIA website is 399.07. Yeah, a bit out of date, I'd say. I update the Graphics driver.

Restart Tribble...STO program completely locks up. FROZEN Hmmmm.

Windows Error notice:
Fatal Error: Direct3d driver returned error code
(DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.
Reason: 0x887a0006(DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG)

Trying to see if I can bring up Holodeck now.....but it wants to do file verifications.

Of course.

I would like to get to sleep tonight, sometime.... LOL!

BTW...the ERROR REPORT from your program...does not seem to connect to your system so, even though I sent you a report...it never gave me a NUMBER. Does the ticket number for your Error Reports come through ARC??? Or something like that. I do not use ARC to start the game normally.
"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OK....file verification is completed on Holodeck.
    Holodeck comes up fine using this new driver.

What did you do to the poor Tribble???

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    OH...I just remembered... I DELETED ALL MY OLD TRIBBLE CHARACTERS before I signed off of Tribble the first time. Sooooo.... the STO program came up IN THE CHARACTER CREATION WINDOW...instead of Character Select Screen.

Could the problem actually be with the Character Creation???? Let me port over a character to Tribble and see if it is happier.

OK...back on Tribble....

Came up this time in Character Select screen....not locked up. Graphics, for some reason has decided I will use Lighting 2.0. Which I turn off.

I am walking around First City with my Engineering character. No problems, now. I guess I did need the new graphics driver, after all.

I am awake now...I guess, I can go into the Character Creation screen and see what happens.

Character Creation screen from the Character Select window...now works fine.
    It defaults to creating a Jem'Hadar character from that window.

Previously, it brought up a Starfleet character and locked up.

Now, I am curious...going to delete all characters on Tribble, again.
    See what happens.

Came up fine. Hmmm....

And directly into the Character Creation screen. Starfleet MALE character, this time. Previously, it was a Starfleet FEMALE.

Looks like it was a one off, not repeatable glitch, at least, not repeatable by me.

But we need to talk about the mess that is the Mission Journal on my KDF Characters on Tribble.

Later today....I am going to bed.