test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Breach Live Tomorrow, Crystal Still in Progress - Event Fatigue

lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
Just signed in to STO and saw Breach is starting tomorrow at 8:00AM PST. The Bio-Engineered Furiadon Combat Pet looks and sounds cool, and dilithium is always nice, but another event grind immediately after finishing Crystal? At least Crystal is relatively quick - say 4 minutes per toon. Breach is what, 15 minutes a run, meaning it'll take 3 hours of sheer grind if you have a dozen toons. Wouldn't it be wiser to run Breach in say October so as to avoid event fatigue? My fleet's colony world coffers are starting to run low so I'd been hoping that we'd have a chance to grind for resources, but I guess that won't be possible now, unless Cryptic are open to posting a correction and making Breach next month instead of this? :p
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Pretty sure Breach is starting Thursday and not Wednesday. They generally start these events on Patch Day.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Breach is what, 15 minutes a run, meaning it'll take 3 hours of sheer grind if you have a dozen toons.

Then just do it once per day.

That's all you need to get the combat pet, you only need to run it with multiples if you want the Dilithium for all of them. If that's the case then you're getting something for your effort.

Budget your time according to what's most fun for you and what you consider worth the reward. No one is forcing you to do anything.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Like I said it's slated to start tomorrow (which is Thursday). Haven't sat down to do the PST conversion so perhaps it'll be Friday before it goes live but timezones. :)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Pretty sure Breach is starting Thursday and not Wednesday. They generally start these events on Patch Day.

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Breach is what, 15 minutes a run, meaning it'll take 3 hours of sheer grind if you have a dozen toons.

That's all you need to get the combat pet, you only need to run it with multiples if you want the Dilithium for all of them. If that's the case then you're getting something for your effort.

Budget your time according to what's most fun for you and what you consider worth the reward. No one is forcing you to do anything.

Truer event words were never spoken. :)

It would also seem that Cryptic even offers a buy-out-option to events for the first time. Four times breach the next three weeks should be doable OP, eh?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Crystal? At least Crystal is relatively quick - say 4 minutes per toon.
    If you're so fatigued (so am I) then just do one character.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.

It would also seem that Cryptic even offers a buy-out-option to events for the first time. Four times breach the next three weeks should be doable OP, eh?

The buyout option is interesting, I am wondering how many people will go this route.

Normally, I would say that it's a bad option, it feels to me like paying 1k Zen to not play the game.. such a thing just seems crazy to me. I like that they include the ultimate upgrade, but I don't know if that makes it worth 1k Zen.

Still, it's an interesting option. I am going to skip it myself.. I'm cool doing the event once per day.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

The buyout option is interesting, I am wondering how many people will go this route.

Normally, I would say that it's a bad option, it feels to me like paying 1k Zen to not play the game.. such a thing just seems crazy to me. I like that they include the ultimate upgrade, but I don't know if that makes it worth 1k Zen.

Still, it's an interesting option. I am going to skip it myself.. I'm cool doing the event once per day.

Yea mate no idea on what to do here as well. They offer it for the first weekend for 800 Zen and the only thing really worth getting out of it would be the ultimate upgrader for me. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    i did the summer event and saw this CC event coming and totally checked out! too many events and not enough time to recover. even long term exposure can eventually get to the more fanatical elements of the player base.

just a suggestion for what it is worth? put a few weeks between events to allow some processing and recovery so the playerbase doesn't burn out.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

Not sure I'm a huge fan of the buy-out option per se, but if you want to go the easy route, Cryptic will now let you.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Something else you guys might want to consider is that these events generally also come with the ability to get any mark of your choosing save for possible 1 type of marks. With these events you can stockpile marks to get to t6 reputations very very easily. I personally would've gone with a marks weekend vs another event but I'm not going to say no to free dilithium either.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • atlantis#9395 atlantis Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    I'll Deal with the t6 reps when i know how much marks i'll need per rep, but I like the 1k zen Ultimate upgrade token.. that thing is worth it alone, so i'm going to get it for 800 zen the 1st week.. with it alone i could make an epic item worth some 30-50m EC and more and turn those EC in to contraband to get all of my zen back and some extra.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Sea is right. The pet is account-unlocked, so if you only want that, you only have to run the event on one toon. If you want the other rewards, then you'll have to run it on all toons who you want to give it to.

Me? I'm only running on my two mains on my two accts. No running it on the other family this time, as I've never seen a prize I thought was worth running for, until I saw it was a combat pet. That grabbed me into thinking about trying it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    They should have waited a week to let folk get the CC event out the system before dropping another event.

Using events for marks is certainly an option but doesn't address the timing and we need to know details of what the 5-6 gap will require.

Breach isn't really as quick and dirty like CC so for me it'll be twice a day (LTS&F2P) and log off.

Remains to be seen how many will still be running after a couple of days due to the booster for zen. Is 2k zen really worth it for a combat pet you'll stick on a boff in the hopes they meld into a better ai and a couple of tech upgrades when there's no content that requires mk15 epic.
  • artaniscreedartaniscreed Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    CryptIc is getting us ready for tier 6 reps.
    The 1k zen time saver also lets you get more bonus dil and marks for subsequent completions.

im not much on math but thats a lot more dil and marks than wed have otherwise.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Timeframe was probably dictated by the release of Age of Discovery©®™. We already got a fairly detailed News Blog of the T6 Reputation Tier. Could be around October 2nd for that, this finishing up on September 27th.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    I only did Crystal on one new character who needed the 100-mark daily for reputations.

Since you only need 14 tokens for the project, many people finished a week ago. I did more on that one character for the 135 marks, but that was optional and I only did it since that's double a Red Alert.

If you feel like you're grinding too much and have event fatigue then STOP GRINDING SO MUCH (problem solved!). The sun will come out tomorrow, tomorrow is another day and the first day of the rest of your life, stop and smell the roses, etc. etc. etc.

So I disagree, back to back events (where really there was a week gap) are only a problem if you're a self-inflicted overgrinder. Stop hitting yourself in the face.

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    If you don't want to play the event, then don't.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    I only did Crystal on one new character who needed the 100-mark daily for reputations.

Since you only need 14 tokens for the project, many people finished a week ago. I did more on that one character for the 135 marks, but that was optional and I only did it since that's double a Red Alert.

If you feel like you're grinding too much and have event fatigue then STOP GRINDING SO MUCH (problem solved!). The sun will come out tomorrow, tomorrow is another day and the first day of the rest of your life, stop and smell the roses, etc. etc. etc.

So I disagree, back to back events (where really there was a week gap) are only a problem if you're a self-inflicted overgrinder. Stop hitting yourself in the face.

Disagree. Back to back Event runs erode the specialness of Events in general. They should put at least a week between them.

And no, "Just don't do them" is not a very good argument, as ppl WANT to do them: just not back to back.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Feeling fatigued? Spend Zen!

(Does not actually advocate doing this.)
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

You kinda ARE getting yourself a week break, now....with 800Z.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Disagree. Back to back Event runs erode the specialness of Events in general. They should put at least a week between them.

And no, "Just don't do them" is not a very good argument, as ppl WANT to do them: just not back to back.

If you started Crystal on day one and wait for day 7 for Breach, you'd have a 2 week gap between them if you just the the 14 days for each. Anything beyond that is voluntary overgrinding.

• kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User

This ^
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I'm not fatigued in the least. Why ? Because I didn't need or want the shiny for CC so I didn't even run it once.

See how easy that is.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png

If people want the reward, they should have no problem doing the event. Especially one that takes 10 minutes once per day.

The Crystaline Event was 3 weeks long and required 14 shards. The same is true of the Breech Event, there is a week during each event that are totally optional. If someone has been doing the Crystaline Event every single day even after unlocking the reward then that's their choice, but otherwise there already is a week between events.
This discussion has been closed.