test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Think we'll get another Fed Discovery recruit event?

Think we'll get another recruit event with a new Fed Discovery Era toon? Another free character slot for a new Fed-Disc toon?

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I would say "no" to an AoD event if there's an AOY re-run coming to fill the gap between the entity event and "fall." That plus one for AoD would make four recruitment events in the span of one year and I don't see how that wouldn't be pushing people who may already be a little tired of leveling new characters.

Of course they'll go with whatever the population data says people are doing (if DR and AOY don't have much of an impact then a little something for AoD isn't going to be that one step too far for most people) but I just wouldn't hold it as any kind of firm expectation.

Free character slot is more of a given.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I hope not. Even though the account wide rewards are cool and useful, we only just had the Dominion event so it'd be over saturation in my view.

I'll almost certainly create a new character for it though.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    And the Gamma Vanguard Recruit Event rewards were lackluster compared to the Temporal Agent Recruit Event. It can only go downhill anyway.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I'd have to agree. It would be too soon for a Discovery recruit event considering we kinda literally JUST got off a Gamma Recruit event.

I think it will be a bit more like how Romulans came in. We didn't have a Recruit event at all for that. Just "Hey we got a new faction! Here's a free character slot so you can experience the new content!"

That's what I see coming honestly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What we got back in those days was about four or five weeks of Double XP before a Season hit.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    They could rerun Temporal for the disco toons. They're gonna have to do the same time-skip shenanigans anyway.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I would say "no" to an AoD event if there's an AOY re-run coming to fill the gap between the entity event and "fall." That plus one for AoD would make four recruitment events in the span of one year and I don't see how that wouldn't be pushing people who may already be a little tired of leveling new characters.

Of course they'll go with whatever the population data says people are doing (if DR and AOY don't have much of an impact then a little something for AoD isn't going to be that one step too far for most people) but I just wouldn't hold it as any kind of firm expectation.

Free character slot is more of a given.

Not if they mix the AoY with AoD. Remember, AoD does take place before AoY. In the time between Ent and TOS.

Just one possiblity here.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I would not be surprised either way.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    trennan wrote: »
    Not if they mix the AoY with AoD. Remember, AoD does take place before AoY. In the time between Ent and TOS.

Except that AoD would be taking place 15-20 years before AoY. If I remember correctly AoY is in 2270, while Discovery is in 2256 or so.
    Well within even a human's lifetime, so having an AoD character time jump to AoY, then time jump again to the 25th Century... kinda pushing the jumping quite a bit there. While it is a possibility... a bit farfetched to smoosh them both together like that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Hopefully they start you at 60, no way I'm grinding another toon from 1-65
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      rattler2 wrote: »
      trennan wrote: »

Except that AoD would be taking place 15-20 years before AoY. If I remember correctly AoY is in 2270, while Discovery is in 2256 or so.
      Well within even a human's lifetime, so having an AoD character time jump to AoY, then time jump again to the 25th Century... kinda pushing the jumping quite a bit there. While it is a possibility... a bit farfetched to smoosh them both together like that.

I meant the event. Using AoD as the AoY event. Just tack the AoY rewards on to AoD, and have Temporal Agent Fuqit snatch you from that time period and toss you into the 25th.

Simple, easy, and recycled. Just what Cryptic likes to do.
      Mm5NeXy.gif
    • Options
      To make that work, they might need some new dialog recorded for Daniels that fits the situation more.
    • Options
      To make that work, they might need some new dialog recorded for Daniels that fits the situation more.
      As said, they'll need some time-skip shenanigans to bring those toons into the present time anyway. Whether it involves Daniels or someone else.
    • Options
      I don't doubt the temporal shenanigans at all. But full on lift of the AoY timeskip word for word... I don't see that working out as well.

We could have something similar to what happened at Narendra III. but with an escape pod rather than a full ship. So much energy flying that it tore a hole in space/time to the 25th Century, kinda like how the Enterprise-C ran into the Enterprise-D.
    • Options
      arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
      Maybe a K13 type situation. Something really bad occurs and we go into stasis pods to survive, and are finally "Discovered" and reawakened in the present times.

And I personally don't see why a recruit event would be a problem. Other than reaching the point where you get whatever type of transponder is used, no one is forced to grind anything. Heck, when DR was brought back there were people posting here in the forums about the Delta toons they made when it first came out, and how they hadn't done anything at all with them other than get the transponder. I myself have a Temporal toon that has done nothing other than Doffing since hitting level 11.

A free character slot, plus being rewarded just for playing the game, nothing there for anyone to complain about

Although a lot of people still would
      LTS and loving it.
      Ariotex.png
    • Options
      Well... the only thing you have to make sure to do with any Recruit characters is get that transponder thing and you can take your time doing the objectives. The event only counts for the temporary trait and the time you have available to get said transponder.

I'm STILL working on the Spec Point goal for my Gamma Recruit.
    • Options
      detheaterdetheater Member Posts: 76 Arc User
      I hope so...

Maybe I am in the minority, but I like leveling an alt for purpose (in a game with no real endgame what else is there?) and if they make the rewards good I am even more excited to do it. Unfortunately, the Gamma recruit event was lackluster, IMO. Rewards were meh, not much by way of account unlocks, and really no reason to play the early missions. I would love to have another recruiting event with worthwhile rewards.

Also, keep in mind that there has only been one recruitment event that longtime players have had a desire to play in the past 12 months. The replayed Delta event was only useful to those who were not around (including console) when the original ran or for those who may not have created Deltas in all factions.

If hypothetical new recruitment event rewards aren't more like the AOY recruitment event rewards then I say go back to the drawing board, but if they are I'll be making a new toon on day one. Who am I kidding even if the rewards are sub-par I'll still be making one but maybe on day two... ;)

I have really wanted to do a Cardassian but without a recruitment event I just can't bring myself to start a new character again. Without rewards I just have no desire to level a new character, but starting at 60/65 without a reason to do earlier content also doesn't appeal to me...

So yeah I hope they do some type of DISCO recruitment event even if they rerun the Temporal Agent (from a different era), as long as they add reasons for veteran players to go through it again (unlike the Delta event). Either way it will give me a reason to start a new toon.
    • Options
      detheater wrote: »

So yeah I hope they do some type of DISCO recruitment event even if they rerun the Temporal Agent (from a different era), as long as they add reasons for veteran players to go through it again (unlike the Delta event). Either way it will give me a reason to start a new toon.

I'm a veteran and had a reason to do it again. I had a Fed and KDF Delta, but not a Romulan.
    • Options
      detheaterdetheater Member Posts: 76 Arc User

I'm a veteran and had a reason to do it again. I had a Fed and KDF Delta, but not a Romulan.

Which is why I said this:
      I hope so...

The replayed Delta event was only useful to those who were not around (including console) when the original ran or for those who may not have created Deltas in all factions.

Not saying some didn't, but a lot of veterans, I would bet, created all three factions back during the original if they cared...

• Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      Not saying some didn't, but a lot of veterans, I would bet, created all three factions back during the original if they cared...
      I did, just because MORE REWARDS! And you really don't get that much more, but some. Which is something that the later recruit events don't have. You really don't have any reason to have more than one temporal recruit or Gamma recruit.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      I did, just because MORE REWARDS! And you really don't get that much more, but some. Which is something that the later recruit events don't have. You really don't have any reason to have more than one temporal recruit or Gamma recruit.
      There was never really any reason to HAVE more than one Delta either. The optimal scenario, slotwise, was to create them one at a time, pick up the faction-specific unlocks then delete and move on to the next. Keeping only the last one to do the rest of the rewards with.

And yeah, it's just a little extra dil, not necessarily worth much. In the end, I did it just because I could.
    • Options
      garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
      maybe before the summer event. would like to see more low-level ships and with special abilities like pilot maneuvers ,miracle stuff and multi-mission sci abilities ...
    • Options
      casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
      I don't mind getting a new event, as long as it starts from level 60 and has the same casual/fun nature of the Gamma Recruit event.

Also AoY rerun is something to be done. I totally dig it.
    • Options
      jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
      More rewards for me for just playing the game? bout time we got some tang around here.

More tang why not?
    • Options
      jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
      I hope so, it helps me focus on fully working on my toon. I have plenty of toons I’ve started and just left them where they are but like my delta and temporal and gamma toon I’ve really worked on them and I do love discovery so I am hoping we do
    • Options
      coldnapalm wrote: »
      I don't doubt the temporal shenanigans at all. But full on lift of the AoY timeskip word for word... I don't see that working out as well.

We could have something similar to what happened at Narendra III. but with an escape pod rather than a full ship. So much energy flying that it tore a hole in space/time to the 25th Century, kinda like how the Enterprise-C ran into the Enterprise-D.

Warp isn't saying that they should rip the storyline for AoY...he is saying that the rewards should be the same. There is merit to this as it won't increase the gap between players who have done all the events and new players who have not. It also means some of the players who missed out on AoY since than gets to go at it again. Also it means reduction of event fatigue for those of us who do all the events as we can just skip this one if we want.
      Right. The event stuff only starts at the point where the story shifts to the regular Fed content, so there would be basically no difference regardless of what they do with the Disco origin.

In fact they could just as well let regular Feds or even Fed'hadar become Temporal Agents if they wanted. They have all the same content.
    • Options
      postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
      2018 is turning into the year of events so adding another into the mix isn't a big stretch, certainly with discovery taking far more of a front seat thanks to the CBS money men telling them to do so.

Using the temp agent rewards as the ones for disco divas would save on finding the mindnumbing timesinky ones they didn't opt for with the gamma recruit. Although those do need updated to account for the specs added since temp recruit was done.
    • Options
      2018 is turning into the year of events so adding another into the mix isn't a big stretch, certainly with discovery taking far more of a front seat thanks to the CBS money men telling them to do so.

Using the temp agent rewards as the ones for disco divas would save on finding the mindnumbing timesinky ones they didn't opt for with the gamma recruit. Although those do need updated to account for the specs added since temp recruit was done.

Yeah, personally, I'm expecting some kind of mix between AoY and Gamma recruitment here. Though with it being AoD, with more of a 5+ episode tutorial for it. like they did with AoY. But done in a manner like Gamma, where all characters can jump in to that time frame and do it. I think that was the best part of the Gamma expansion, I didn't have to do it on my recruit, unless I wanted the rewards. Which, I can go back and get at any time.
      Mm5NeXy.gif
    This discussion has been closed.