test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Could We Teach Better?

Comments

• trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    What can you teach?

How about teaching your developers an writers that copy and paste, with minor changes to appearance, is not quality content. Sure, you can drop all the content you want in a year. But, fact is, why is player retention a concern to begin with? Because the content itself isn't worth playing, or at least not worth playing again.

This is nothing nothing more than another band-aid approach to it.

Player retention begins with the content.

You drop a bunch of copy and paste content. You have quantity.

Other games drop less content, but it's all quality content. Which makes it worth playing.

The fault here, is your's. Not on the players and what they can learn, or what you can teach. If the content was worth knowing anything beyond pressing space bar, or letting your boffs do all the work. The players would then seek to learn how to play.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • georikzaberiskgeorikzaberisk Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    This is about to be ugly. Are there lots to teach on this game? Yeah. But there are two major problems here:

1. Majority of people don't even read any manual nor instructions. That's a simple reality.
    2. What the game says about "Play the way you want etch. or Build the way you want etch." isn't real.

On the 1st issue, the game is old. Most people who will play this will only be jumping in thinking that it's a simple game of pew-pew. Most wont even read the details of how things work since reading is more of a chore and they just want to just go in, play the way they want and expect a reward. Later when they can't do anything about it they just quit. Current games are more easier to learn to a point that it's just mindless point and click or hack and slash. Look at the most popular games right now. So with that kind of thinking and combine with the large hurdle of grinding on gears etch, I don't think any manual be it written or video or voice over can make a difference.

The 2nd issue "Play the Way blah blah..." is really a propaganda and nothing more. When people finally figures it out then it becomes repetitive and boring. You really don't get a chance to play the way you want. For example when a person gets his or her own ship and plays the game with a thinking that he'll be using a ship that can use cannons, beams and torps, they soon learn that such a thing is in efficient and will be stuck with either going for a pure Cannon/Turret build, Beam or Torp Build. There's really no deep variety and it only involves DPS and PvE. So where is the notion of "Playing it your way?"

-Skills share too many Cooldowns with other skills.
    -There is no real use for assists and tanking since everything goes to DPS anyway.
    -People always rant about PUB's not being on Par with their way, Not realizing that it's a PUB. And people play it the way they want it so don't expect anything from it.
    -No Clashing Faction. Game is locked to PvE.
    -Bugs. Lots of Bug.
    -Carrier are pretty much there for display really.

I can go on and on on how much issues that are existing on the game that makes the "Play the way you want" advertisement nothing but smoke.

Before asking what you guys can teach, Fix the things you guys need to Fix. And I'm not even including the foundry here and the whole PvP system that should be properly looked at since the issue of DPS is PvE wise. If you guys have made a way to create Tribble why not create a way to have a server cater for PvP content such as Ground and Space free for all or Faction wars. Heck what's the use of investing on a Starbase when you can't even use it for an actual PvP fight? Heck Even at this point I'll accept a PvE one that centers on protecting a Fleet's Starbase from attack. Not just one of the random Ques but an actual defend your created Starbase with actual consequences and good rewards.

I think people who will enjoy a great variety in the game (If there's anything really), would have no trouble making the guides for you guys to teach new players. The only thing I think you can teach really is how damage works and how Items modify defense and attacks such as the CAT's and how it affects their performance in both Ground and Space. Then maybe a simple lesson of creating a content for the foundry.

Ok sorry about the rant. But I'm not saying you guys are not doing good. There is an improvement but the improvements will only goes as far. Oh while I'm on this rant make those consoles that make your piece worth it and make AHOD help in the CD of not only the Captain's skill but the console CD as well (Yeah I know I'm stretching it >.< ).

Again my apology for the rant but I will still give you guys points since season 13 did make a good update. Not great but a good update and you guys are still trying. I just hope someone from you guys actually reads these kinds of comments and don't think of it too harshly but if you guys did take it harshly, Again my apologies. I just believe you guys can do better since you've really shown lots of improvement and not all of us think your not making an effort.

Cheers.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    There's also a catch rooted in the very design of the game itself: Interacting with many of the systems as you're presented with them is generally a waste of time or even often an act of self-harm, but no official tutorial can go out and say "Don't actually use the systems we're presenting you with".

Take the skill tree. You're presented with the skill tree early on the game. But only PART of it. You don't even have your real ship yet, and you certainly can't see or access all of it. You're presented with all of ONE skillpoint, and the natural temptation is to use it. But because the selection of things you can use them on is so limited and you can't see the whole picture, you're almost certainly going to commit self-harm by putting it someplace that you will then have to pay resources to fix later. The correct answer is just to ignore the skilltree until much later. But the game unlocks the skilltree EARLY, and can't very well say "Here's the skilltree you're not supposed to touch".

The list goes on. Pretty much everything you're presented with early is simply an opportunity to waste your resources and hurt yourself doing it. It's as if the very monetization model of the game involves tricking people into **** up and then charging them to fix it.

This is very true, and it's a big problem with the skill system.

Especially since re-spec tokens aren't free. The system forces you to level your character one of two ways:

1. Plan out your entire tree ahead of time and follow it as you level. This is what I do
    2. Don't spend any of your skill points until you reach level 50 and decide the ship and play style you want.

The problem with #2 is that it leaves you a bit lacking in the leveling process. Yes, veteran players can still get by fine with an empty skill tree, but those players probably already know the skill tree well enough that they're spending points as they go.

Every single character regardless of rather they have a lifetime, starter pack or anything else should get one free respec at level 50. It would be nice if they got some kind of pop up tutorial at that time as well to help guide them on what to spend points on.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    > @angrytarg said:
    > There needs to be documentation in the game, not only quick tutorials. If a player chooses to, they should be able to read the manual - as in manuals (handbook) that used to come with boxed games many moons ago. This documentation needs to ecplain basics, like how damage works. What is "base damage", what is actually influenced by a buff, what is damage reduction and so on. None of these things is explained anywhere.

My first thought was reading NES manuals on the car ride home from the big box store when I was a kid.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The 2nd issue "Play the Way blah blah..." is really a propaganda and nothing more. When people finally figures it out then it becomes repetitive and boring. You really don't get a chance to play the way you want. For example when a person gets his or her own ship and plays the game with a thinking that he'll be using a ship that can use cannons, beams and torps, they soon learn that such a thing is in efficient and will be stuck with either going for a pure Cannon/Turret build, Beam or Torp Build. There's really no deep variety and it only involves DPS and PvE. So where is the notion of "Playing it your way?"

As somebody who was able to not only mix cannons, beams and torp but also tossed in a mine for good measure...this is absolutely FALSE. Is it the most effective method? No. Is it something a new player who doesn't know all the ins and outs of the game should do...or even be HINTED at doing? HELL NO. But once you get sufficently advanced at the game system, if you really wanna, you can do it and be just fine. Even in elite maps...probably. Advanced at the very least. So really, once you get past the new player stage, it really is play it your way. Hell, wanna use T1 ships only? You can even do that if that floats your boat. Mark II only items? Somebody did that too. This game really is easy enough to do what you want once you actually learn this game.

Yep, no one is talking about telling players they can't play canon style builds or experiment with different things. No one here wants everyone to be pigeon holed into the exact same thing.. no one.

The logical process is you teach people the basics of how things work, then once they have a grasp on the basics they're free to pursue any avenue they see fit according to their own style. There are fundamental techniques that are basic to all builds that are not taught in game and should be. If someone wants to go the 'DPS Route' after that, then they are free to do that, but no one is saying that it should be taught as the 'right way' or forced on anyone.

It's about giving players the information they need to decide how they want to play. Nothing more, nothing less. After they have a good grip on how things work, if they want to make some crazy torp/beam/cannon/mine build.. then all power to them. Do your thing, and have fun.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Yeah the skill tree is pretty horrible for newbies.
    Slot ‘em as you level and realise at end game you messed up and need to pay a ridiculous price to respec.
    Or save them for a planned out system you’ll use later on which no newbie will do as they have no knowledge of the game like we do. Hard to plan ahead if you don’t know what’s coming.

In fact the cost of respects hinders a lot of the new player experience as it stifles trial & error learning and experimentation. “Gee I wish I could try a torp/cannon/science/tank build now I’m at level 50 but it’s too damned expensive to change so I’ll just stick with my dull faw cruiser” is probably a common thought I’d imagine.
    SulMatuul.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    edited September 2018

As somebody who was able to not only mix cannons, beams and torp but also tossed in a mine for good measure...this is absolutely FALSE. Is it the most effective method? No. Is it something a new player who doesn't know all the ins and outs of the game should do...or even be HINTED at doing? HELL NO. But once you get sufficently advanced at the game system, if you really wanna, you can do it and be just fine. Even in elite maps...probably. Advanced at the very least. So really, once you get past the new player stage, it really is play it your way. Hell, wanna use T1 ships only? You can even do that if that floats your boat. Mark II only items? Somebody did that too. This game really is easy enough to do what you want once you actually learn this game.

Yep, no one is talking about telling players they can't play canon style builds or experiment with different things. No one here wants everyone to be pigeon holed into the exact same thing.. no one.

The logical process is you teach people the basics of how things work, then once they have a grasp on the basics they're free to pursue any avenue they see fit according to their own style. There are fundamental techniques that are basic to all builds that are not taught in game and should be. If someone wants to go the 'DPS Route' after that, then they are free to do that, but no one is saying that it should be taught as the 'right way' or forced on anyone.

It's about giving players the information they need to decide how they want to play. Nothing more, nothing less. After they have a good grip on how things work, if they want to make some crazy torp/beam/cannon/mine build.. then all power to them. Do your thing, and have fun.
    I think part of the problem is that some people don't seem to understand the difference between "meta-build" and "build that's good enough for 90% for the content" and think those are the same thing or more accurately think that you need to have a "meta-build" to have a "build that's good enough for 90% of the content".

Meta-builds only matter to the absolute top DPSers where a difference of 0.1% in your DPS is a matter of life and death, but for your typical STO player that isn't really relevant, if that's the way you want to play sure then it becomes relevant but it's not relevant by default.

That said one must first learn the basics properly before they can apply those basics to make builds that work, since it's possible to make totally unviable build, that said it's also very possible to make "thematic" build that's viable for 90% what game has to offer without still being forced to use a "meta-build". Hell I don't think any of my builds are within a parsec's range of a meta build but they're still viable enough that I don't end up with an AFK when playing (or having major issues with story missions).
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    patrickngo wrote: »
    It's just too bad that the BoP is, due to 'endgame' level design, next to useless and a drag on the team unless it's spamming AOE sci effects with torps-and then, it's a less useful option than any science ship that doesn't cloak.

As a scibopper (Kor), I refute that remark - when you have a ship that can pack EVERY slot with science (well, okay on mine its 9 epg using sci/faux sci powers), its very effective as long as you don't give a fig about dps due to the points where you only have torpedos as every sci power is on standby

Zoom in cloaked hit QSM then fire kemocite torpedos including clusters, use photonic shockwave then subspace boom, sic2, structural analysis and endothermic beam 1, turn and fire grav well then ssv - radbomb the group (the backwards ship trait) with he, scramble sensors (it counts as it makes enemies damage each other) to allow escape (optional full decloak for more damage but I find it too risky)

Add science power consoles and a bop is a horrendously powerful science machine...as long as you realise its primary nature is to rush in to nuke groups and debuff the blazes out of them before peeling off to heal then repeat

Please refresh my memory: SSV?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I think when it comes to builds, they don't need to lead people all that much in any direction.

However, what they ensure is that whenever there are "example" of builds they put out, they should make them sensible.

That is particularly important for missions where they give us a built-in ship. While those "story" powers like Attack Pattern Worf or whatever are kinda cool sounding, they are not available to players, so I'd prefer they would pick powers that exist, and then pick a well-working combination. That isn't about finding niches or forcing players into specific builds, it's ensuring that the ship builds work and you aren't constantly fighting against the ship you're forced to play. It might require figuring out how this ship works, but at least there is a sensible way to fly it.

Outside of missions, the default configuration a ship comes with should be built with the game mechanics in mind, and toward some build. It doesn't mean that build is the non-plus ultra, but I think it's a lot more fun to play the game with something that works and figuring out something new tat works, then having no idea where to begin with.

In general, the focus of "teaching better" is about teaching how to figure things out on your own. That can require explaining some concepts, and it can be showing off builds. Something like the Step Between the Stars mission's Dyson part could be in part also about showing how an exotic science ship work, for example, and that it can be fun to try this, too.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Something like the Step Between the Stars mission's Dyson part could be in part also about showing how an exotic science ship work, for example, and that it can be fun to try this, too.

I like this idea. :) Only problem I see is the skill tree getting in the way.
    I don't know if personal skill trees get negated when we go into a different mission ship.
    It might with the new mechanic we saw with Neth Parr and that Lucky Ferengi mission.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited September 2018
    questerius wrote: »
    Please refresh my memory: SSV?

Lockbox stuff. Subspace Vortex. Kemosite-Laced Weaponry.
    Those are getting kinda long in the tooth...I expect it to be repackaged as something else, soon.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited September 2018
    I could see them setting up a skill tree per career (as they did the Jem'Hadars). Then, giving out a free respec at level 50.

That way the new players have something but don't have to make point by point choices until they are ready for individualizing. If they ever feel they need to go there.

Hopefully, the Devs listened to the criticisms of those Jen'Hadar set ups and update it.

I am assuming that they expect a influx of brand new players (even brand new to MMOs) coming in with Discovery content.

++++++++++++

I am going through that one by one skill point thing, now with 6 (? I think) characters, right now. They give you one every level and it really is a drag. Maybe I should make up a tree in advance...like seaofsorrow mentioned.

I agree..these repec tokens for the skill tree need to go. And the ability to turn off the specializations for testing would be divine (this is the entire reason I am leveling 3 of my new characters...they won't have specializations)

• georikzaberiskgeorikzaberisk Member Posts: 126 Arc User

It's not False. You're thinking on a way that veterans like us do. New players, most specially in this time don't even have the time to go through everything we have accumulated through the years. I did say when people figure it out right? And lets face it Elite is the goal of the game. If you don't aim for it then there's really not much one can do. PvP is broken or rather almost non existent and doing PvE all the time gets repetitive. You will be forced to either adapt then get bored. Or get bored rather than to adapt. Either way you'll either give-up on the game or return when there's something new just for the kicks.

Also seriously? T1? All Mark 2? On this current patch? I think not. People already are complaining that they get blow up lots of times using a T4 or T5 u with at least Mk.11 gear while playing the story mode and You're suggesting that a Mk.2 equipment with a T1 ship? If that was even possible I would have stuck with the Constitution. You said it yourself:
    As somebody who was able to not only mix cannons, beams and torp but also tossed in a mine for good measure...this is absolutely FALSE. Is it the most effective method? No.

Hence the experience is ruined in the end. Now if you can give me a link to the person who did Mk.2 and a T1 or a video then please do so.

This game isn't easy most specially for new players, specially for people who don't even want to go on to details and just wants to have fun thinking this is that kind of game. That's a Cold. Hard. Fact.

I like this game. A lot. But I also know that this game has lots of issues that needs to be address to cater to both those who wants real variety and to have them stay. Like you my experiences on this game vary from our interactions with other people and how we play. I'm a bit competitive at times but I do respect people who don't want to PvP or go on a DPS race. But in the end of the day this game meta is leaving those who wants more out of it behind.

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong but I do need to express that I do not share the same opinion base on my experience. Lastly thanks for voicing your opinion. And I do not wish in any sort of way to make any insult on it, But if it reads that way my apology. I really don't have any ill intention, I have learned that some people might misinterpret what we write in answering some of this topics so just giving you a heads up on my sentiment and intention. Cheers!
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Ok I know I am going to get flack for this, but when it comes to ship builds, instead of tutorial, can I get an easy equip and auto optimize button? The sheer amount of options and how they all interact with each other leads to so many un-optimize builds that, a player can have all the right weapons, skills, traits and they are still preforming subpar.

This is oversimplified, but it would be nice to have something like
    Choose a Damage Type: Energy damage, Kinetic damage, Exotic damage
    Choose a Damage Focuses: Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma, Tetryon, Polaron, Antiproton, Proton and Electrical
    Choose Play style: DPS, Exotic, Suppot, etc…
    etc…

Scan thought all the traits, weapons, boffs, doffs I have and then equip them for the ship is the most optimal fashion for the choices made above.

Now before everyone says this is a cookie cutter approach, yes and no. Each player has different weapons and different traits, different ships etc… so even a slight change it a weapon stat may have a ripple effect on how the ship is equipped. The real point it that this is to take out all the guess work. Players still need to grind for the best gear, craft it or buy it.

Make sugestions on the next step.

Oh on top of this, this feature could be a way to drain off EC, Dil, GPL <= Really should be GPL as there is nothing for this really.
  • cha0tic1acha0tic1a Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    You can put all the advise that you want into the game but people have to want to learn before they will use it.
    I have a feeling people will see a wall of text and just click through it. Getting people to stop and read something is the most difficult part.

Those who want to learn the ins and outs of ship building, R&D, BOFFs will eventually check Youtube/Forums.

edited September 2018
    Ok I know I am going to get flack for this, but when it comes to ship builds, instead of tutorial, can I get an easy equip and auto optimize button? The sheer amount of options and how they all interact with each other leads to so many un-optimize builds that, a player can have all the right weapons, skills, traits and they are still preforming subpar.

Choose a Damage Focuses: Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma, Tetryon, Polaron, Antiproton, Proton and Electrical
    etc…

Scan thought all the traits, weapons, boffs, doffs I have and then equip them for the ship is the most optimal fashion for the choices made above.

Now before everyone says this is a cookie cutter approach, yes and no. Each player has different weapons and different traits, different ships etc… so even a slight change it a weapon stat may have a ripple effect on how the ship is equipped. The real point it that this is to take out all the guess work. Players still need to grind for the best gear, craft it or buy it.

Oh on top of this, this feature could be a way to drain off EC, Dil, GPL <= Really should be GPL as there is nothing for this really.

And if you stick to SOLO content, like me...that is OK. All I do is pit my Sci, against my Tac, against my Eng...and look for differences. But out there "in the wild"...not so much.

I think what you are suggesting is advanced ship building, again. Really, really need to study things to "get" that. And get it right. Find a mentor and work with them, type thing. You can throw it together...but that is not optimal.

Plus, you need to look at how cohesive your build is WITHIN your TEAM construct, too. It takes coordination and that takes bit of shuffling things around. Which means: YOU need to learn this!! To know how and what to suggest to improve or boost your team. What makes things work seamlessly within your team.

And with NEW gear constantly cranking out....from ships, to Lockboxes, to FEs, to Rep, to Fleet....this system could never be kept up to date enough. All levels of players have access from Featured Episodes (well, at least from Level 10), Lockboxes, Fleet, even Lobi.

Don't make suggestions to the Devs to charge in game currency for ANYTHING. That will always backfire on the players. Because what WE think is fair and what the Devs think is fair...is miles apart. (Here's looking at the Fleet Colony Holdings.)

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    A tutorial can't teach meta. That'd inevitably become outdated. All it needs is to point out the various basic mechanics and how they interact: weapon/damage types, stat-boosting consoles, boff abilities, traits, etc. Teach players to match these to fit together. Deciding things like if CRF or CSV is better at any given moment, for any given purpose, is best left to the players themselves.

Having better information about things in general would also help. For example, there are various different types of damage bonus/bonus damage that are never even mentioned to exist in any official documentation, much less told what counts as what or how they actually work. People have to read about this stuff on Reddit or something.

And if they can't for whatever reason actually fix whatever issue makes space/ground equipment show bogus stats when read in the "wrong" environment (space gear on ground or ground gear in space), do at least tell the players it's there.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    A tutorial can't teach meta. That'd inevitably become outdated. All it needs is to point out the various basic mechanics and how they interact: weapon/damage types, stat-boosting consoles, boff abilities, traits, etc. Teach players to match these to fit together. Deciding things like if CRF or CSV is better at any given moment, for any given purpose, is best left to the players themselves.

Having better information about things in general would also help. For example, there are various different types of damage bonus/bonus damage that are never even mentioned to exist in any official documentation, much less told what counts as what or how they actually work. People have to read about this stuff on Reddit or something.

And if they can't for whatever reason actually fix whatever issue makes space/ground equipment show bogus stats when read in the "wrong" environment (space gear on ground or ground gear in space), do at least tell the players it's there.
    Yeah, teaching basic ability stacking is workable as an aspect of an extended tutorial. The nature and relative power of abilities is too varied and dynamic to go into much detail, but explaining the concept of "use EptW THEN CSV" is certainly a good idea.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • cha0tic1acha0tic1a Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Cut down on the use of acronyms...They confuse me still and I've been at this for years!
    But I am old and senile :P
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    "What could we teach better?"

1) How to get along on the forums.

2) Ship builds, as has been said by many. With all due respect, I think some veteran players have forgotten what it's like to be new at this game. Then again, maybe some of you have played so many MMO's before you got here that you simply knew what to do upon arrival, or you are just naturally talented. You are so good at the game that you can do something counter-productive, like mixing beams and cannons or mixing energy types, and get away with it because you do enough of the other things to make up for it. (You probably have access to gear that most new players don't have, or even know about, but that is another issue.) The truth is, there are many right ways and many wrong ways to build a ship. If you think there isn't a wrong way to build a ship, then I dare you to let me build your next ship for you :) I'll fix you good. I remember some of the creative train wrecks I tried to fly, like my first Arbiter class ship. I thought it would be a great idea to put five torpedo launchers on the front of it. Um...yeah. Offering new players a cookie cutter build is a great idea. It would give them three options; use as directed, modify it and make something better, or ignore it completely and fly a creative train wreck. I remember levelling up as a new player. It was easy/fun at first, but eventually I hit a wall. To make matters worse, when I went looking on the forums and YouTube for build advice, I kept being told to use gear that I didn't have and couldn't get. No, there's not a lot of information out there that new players can actually use. Not to mention, IMO, if a player has to go outside the game to find information on how to play a game, then something's wrong with the game.

3) Ground builds, and the importance of kit modules. (See above.)

4) Every time you level up and get the new free ship, you get a new tutorial that teaches you what has changed at this tier.

5) How about a tutorial about the exchange and the currencies in the game?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User

etc…

This isn't a bad idea. However, the AI needed for something like this is most likely beyond the devs. Or to at least do it reasonable well in anycase.

they can't even code an AI that prioritizes ability use for appropriate situations instead of just spamming whenever it comes of CD...​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    When it comes to builds Cryptic should give "jack of all traits" build examples at most, something that's "good enough" for most things but it should also be indicated that it's generalist build meant to get newcommers started and isn't the best possible build for really anyone.
This discussion has been closed.