test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Enterprise

2»

Comments

• avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I want the Suurok class, that's about it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Its possible it was meant to either entice people to trade Zen for Dilithium, or try and balance the Exchange. Which at the time was getting pretty bad. It SORTA had an impact on the exchange rates, but then we had another DL flooding event that killed any little progress it made.

But still... the prices for them as character unlocks is ridiculous.
    The part that makes it screwy is that when you do a dil to zen conversion it comes out at over 5000 zen for a CHARACTER unlock.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • benjaminodbenjaminod Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I want the theme song to replace the regular STO music in sector space. “It’s been a long road, getting from there to here...” ENT is definitely the least bingeable trek on Netflix, and solely because of that terrible song.
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I want the theme song to replace the regular STO music in sector space. “It’s been a long road, getting from there to here...” ENT is definitely the least bingeable trek on Netflix, and solely because of that terrible song.

AMEN! That song was terrible.​​

That's your opinion, which you're entitled. It's however wrong
  • benjaminodbenjaminod Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    talonxv wrote: »
    Only things I hated about ENT were:
    Cancelled too soon. Damn it. Almost got the Romulan war.
    Opening theme. YUCK.

Agreed on being cancelled too soon, it deserved the full trek run
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    The part that makes it screwy is that when you do a dil to zen conversion it comes out at over 5000 zen for a CHARACTER unlock.

Hence why it might be better to put them into the GPL store. Hell... I wouldn't care if the prices stay the same either!
    *dusts off the massive pile of GPL before making yet another pyramid out of it*
    What good is being Space Rich in GPL if there's nothing to spend it on? I'm raking in the GPL thanks to Ferengi Admiralty... and its literally collecting dust! Hell... my main has ALREADY bought ALL the GPL Trophies, and STILL had a ton left over!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User

that SHOULD be the music from t1- t4 when you can only go warp 3-5.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Mayweather is the most superflous character in the franchise. I think he even has almost less impact on the story than Wesley Crusher in Star Trek Nemesis (whose appearance has been cut from the theatrical release).

Enterprise' characters are all but a shadow in my mind. I am a big Bakula fan and adore quantum leap, but Archer doesn't appear before me when I picture "The Captains". But it's not his fault methinks. On the contrary, T'Pols meaninglessness is, for me at least, entirely Blalock's fault because that woman can't act to save her life, and the duck-faced Vulcan has traumatized me deeply. Trip is somewhat bearable, Sato is ENTs Harry Kim - she's doing ... something ... but ultimately, did it help? I almost completely forgot about Reed because his stereotypical Security guy spiel pales even compared to Tasha who only had a clawfull of episodes. Phlox is a terrible doctor, but he's at least memorable.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    Archer shows Starfleet's inexperience in the 22nd Century. One thing everyone forgets is that Kirk and all the other Captains had a playbook to go by. Archer, on the other hand... didn't. He was learning as he went, and was basically writing the book that future Captains would work off of.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I think it could be argued that Archer’s character shows a great deal of development. He goes from a state of innocence to having to constantly remind himself of the reasons he decided to become a captain after the traumas inflicted by the Xindi/Temporal warm.
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Id love to have the bridge, and weapons from the show. Id REALLY like to have more enterprise era content missions in STO. So far we have the uniforms normal + maco, drone ship pets, andorian kumari, the NX T1, the NX refit T6, xindi ships, cell ships, tellarite ship, kdf raptor. We have plenty of ingame assets with which Cryptic could make new missions. Just need some voice overs.

So we could still use the T6 Suurak class as a science ship as an upgraded D'ykr. An NX01 shuttle pod is a good idea, maybe a set of Enterprise boffs like the TOS boffs. Lots more stuff could be added in, have the Enterprise expansion cover the romulan federation war era. Then we could have Ent era romulan ships as well. Since it would be a temporal expansion instead of a bunch of new fed ships just make new Ent Era skins for the exsisting temporal ships. Then you could just chose Ent/TOS era on them.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I'd watch the Reed & Shran show.

The rest of 'em never drew my attention at all really.

Mind you, with two interesting characters it still beats VGR for me where only Seven was anyway near interesting.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    > @artan42 said:
    > I'd watch the Reed & Shran show.
    >
    > The rest of 'em never drew my attention at all really.
    >
    > Mind you, with two interesting characters it still beats VGR for me where only Seven was anyway near interesting.​​

VOY was a product of a mish mash of good and bad writing. Really sad too. Could of been epic.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    VOY was a product of a mish mash of good and bad writing. Really sad too. Could of been epic.

No, it could ofn't really. It could have been epic, though.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    Too many cooks in the kitchen with Voyager. Everyone wanting to pull the characters in different directions. Hence some people calling Janeway bi-polar or something. You gotta give Kate credit for dealing with that all the time. She played Janeway as best she could with so many writers making her do 180s. Also she apparently enjoyed Janeway the Action Hero at times. Can't say I blame her on that. Always fun to get your hands dirty every once in a while.
    angrytarg wrote: »

No, it could ofn't really. It could have been epic, though.

Don't steal my pedantry Targ pig-8.gif.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

> @artan42 said:
    >
    > Don't steal my pedantry Targ .​​

I just borrowed it. You can have it when I'm done. It just smells a wee bit of targ sty, though. Sorry about that :>
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    > @angrytarg said:
    > talonxv wrote: »
    >
    > VOY was a product of a mish mash of good and bad writing. Really sad too. Could of been epic.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No, it could ofn't really. It could have been epic, though.​​

-.- *sigh* really?
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    Too many cooks in the kitchen with Voyager. Everyone wanting to pull the characters in different directions. Hence some people calling Janeway bi-polar or something. You gotta give Kate credit for dealing with that all the time. She played Janeway as best she could with so many writers making her do 180s. Also she apparently enjoyed Janeway the Action Hero at times. Can't say I blame her on that. Always fun to get your hands dirty every once in a while.
    There was even one ep where Janeway got to be a sultry temptress... outside the holodeck.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    > @angrytarg said:
    > talonxv wrote: »
    >
    > VOY was a product of a mish mash of good and bad writing. Really sad too. Could of been epic.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No, it could ofn't really. It could have been epic, though.

-.- *sigh* really?

Yes. Learn to grammar.
    Too many cooks in the kitchen with Voyager. Everyone wanting to pull the characters in different directions.

It's not so much that. It's more the writers pulling the plots all around. If they'd had a consistent feel then the characters would be forced to settle down to fit in the plot.

Scrapping the Marquis plot lead to Chakotay and B'ELanna (Is that how they're spelt?) becoming superfluous.
    Dancing back and forth between rampant extremism and happy go lucky TNGism reduced the dynamic between ex-con Tom and Starfleet idealist Harry to just very similar people.
    Focusing so heavily on the Borg put all the character emphasis on Seven and Janeway.
    Casually throwing in that Tuvok served on the Excelsior and not using it as an excuse to show he had more experience than the rest of the main cast combined?

All of the modern series' (so excluding TOS and TAS) only changed direction once. TNG, DS9, and ENT all start off really awful but as soon as a major event breaks out (Klingon-Cardassian war, Xindi conflict, and Riker growing a beard) the show sets its future tone and feel. DSC looks to be doing the opposite by starting series 1 with darkness then going lighter but that remains to be seen.
    VGR is just flat out awful by all metrics.​​

#TASforSTO

They actually explained Tuvok as someone who left Starfleet and thus didn't actually have a long career. Sure, he's old and wise, but not actually someone with a long career in Starfleet. IIRC the reason was because he chose to focus on raising his children. Then he eventually went back to Starfleet.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    They actually explained Tuvok as someone who left Starfleet and thus didn't actually have a long career. Sure, he's old and wise, but not actually someone with a long career in Starfleet. IIRC the reason was because he chose to focus on raising his children. Then he eventually went back to Starfleet.

Did they? Wow. He really made an impression on me as a character.​​

#TASforSTO

This discussion has been closed.