test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Update launcher news!!!

wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
i am not aware of this Crystal cataclyism event until just hour ago, as i checked daily for news on launcher and not aware it is happening since aug 16th. i went i check calander, there was no mention of next event during august after Risa festival ended, so i assumed it was mid sept to late oct before "Ghost Story".

Why wasnt ARC launcher hadnt been having News updating? all i see was "Victory is Life" and those interviews.

(Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Until that happens (any year now!) please read the forums (here and GNN) and please read the NEWS page at least once a week: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/index
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    that link you posted, there wasnt any new news or announcements, all dated and they seem focus on Pax convention.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Not sure why you're not seeing news, but I have had a news clip about the Crystaline Event for weeks. The launcher also has current news about this weekends C-Store Sale and Charge Bonus.

This is all listed on my launcher, it boots up to a big picture of a Jem'Hadar Dreadnought flying into the Crystaline Entity. It's pretty hard to miss.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The normal launcher can sometimes take a while to load up the images but you can see them going through the list. Only noticeable not up to date news was the recon destroyer ships advertised as "coming soon" until the monday after it came out.

I see ARC as a waste of time so can't comment about what its habits are regarding news.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    As hippiejon said and included the link, the announcement was posted 2 days before the event started. There are at least 2 threads here in the forum about it that have been going since then as well, one being the announcement thread and the other asking for opinions about the revamp. The advertisement is also on ARC, the game webpage, it is on the launcher, prominently displayed on the Landing Page, and spotlighted on the queue UI. I'm not sure how much more advertising Cryptic could've done for the event outside of sending you a personal invitation. There's certainly no laziness on Cryptic's part. This thread is just ranting and insulting. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.