test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Phoenix Prize Pack Tokens

Let me try this again, I created a post in which a moderator decided to lock it in which I asked two questions. However, when I look at my post my questions are no longer there only the first portion of my post is there with a response from a moderator telling me that it was just a rant and thet locked it.

However these are the questions I posed: I was trying to save up my uncommon price tokens to purchase a very rare prize pack. I saw an option where we could save up 10 tokens and use them to purchase a very rare Phoenix prize pack with a random item.

Does the Phoenix prize pack event run multiple times or was it a one time shot?

Should I hang onto my tokens as they might be usable in the future?

Let’s hope that my questions stay in THIS post don’t somehow get edited out, or what have you. I saw my questions in the original post I don’t know what happened to them.

The phoenix prize pack event was slated from December 31 to December 31, however it is August so we users really have no idea when it’s going to end because the date is incorrect. Therein lies my frustration. I was trying to save up the tokens but we were only allowed to get one pack per day so I was thinking the event would run for 10 days. However it doesn’t seem that that is the case. So again should I hang onto them or are they completely useless at this point?

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    It's already been run several times, it comes around a lot honestly.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • surfacewarrior#8890 surfacewarrior Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > It's already been run several times, it comes around a lot honestly.

Thank you. That is all I wanted to know. So I can save those tokens and use them in the future?

Note: I do not know what is up with my other post. I had the information about the date being incorrect and my two questions on whether I should save them or not in my original post but when I look at the post now that information is that they’re only the first half of my post is there.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    You can't purchase a VR token, all you can do is spend 10 uncommon tokens to get 1 unopened pack, which will probably just be another uncommon. Don't do that!!

The best use of the uncommon tokens is to swap them for Phoenix Upgrades (1 per uncommon). These add the upgrade points of *4* superior tech upgrades but use no dil. Using 4 superior upgrades costs you 4,300 dil plus the credits or mats to craft the upgrades.

You can use the tokens at any time, just like with lobi crystals. You just right-click and choose "use" to open the Phoenix store.

• vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > It's already been run several times, it comes around a lot honestly.

Thank you. That is all I wanted to know. So I can save those tokens and use them in the future?

Note: I do not know what is up with my other post. I had the information about the date being incorrect and my two questions on whether I should save them or not in my original post but when I look at the post now that information is that they’re only the first half of my post is there.

Yes, you can use them whenever.

In regards to the original thread, I think the mod misunderstood what you were trying to say. I think he thought you meant you were saving the uncommon phoenix prize tokens to trade up to the rare prize, which is something you can't do.

What I got though is that you're trying to save 10 uncommon prize tokens so you can trade them in for another phoenix box. This is something you can do, and yes if you're only getting the daily box, it'll take a long time. However, you can get more Phoenix boxes from the dilithium store for 4500 dilithium for one or 40,000 for 10 of them.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    You can't purchase a VR token, all you can do is spend 10 uncommon tokens to get 1 unopened pack, which will probably just be another uncommon. Don't do that!!

The best use of the uncommon tokens is to swap them for Phoenix Upgrades (1 per uncommon). These add the upgrade points of *4* superior tech upgrades but use no dil. Using 4 superior upgrades costs you 4,300 dil plus the credits or mats to craft the upgrades.

You can use the tokens at any time, just like with lobi crystals. You just right-click and choose "use" to open the Phoenix store.

This.

You can’t trade them for a VR token, the only way to get a VR token is to get one directly from the box. The uncommon tokens are best exchanged for Phoenix Upgrade kits and then use the kits during upgrade weekends to upgrade your gear. You can spend your tokens any time, the Phoenix Store is always available, just double click on a token to open the store.

Don’t worry about your other threads, the mods here are completely out of control. One of them will surely be along soon to delete this line, lock this thread, get in a snide last word and then lock the thread. Almost every thread on here ends up locked, not your fault.
    Post edited by starswordc on
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Thanks for the clarification. I guess I misread what the vendor option stated. I thought it was to trade 10 uncommons for a random very rare.

I guess I will just hang onto the ones I have for future use. It kind of sucks, because it was like all I got were uncommon tokens. It’s kind of like MLB the Show where all I seem to get are silver players when I play on legend level. Other peoppe seem to pull diamond players, but my “luck” sucks. Same goes for these packs. All I seem to get are uncommons. Lol.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    Thanks for the clarification. I guess I misread what the vendor option stated. I thought it was to trade 10 uncommons for a random very rare.

I guess I will just hang onto the ones I have for future use. It kind of sucks, because it was like all I got were uncommon tokens. It’s kind of like MLB the Show where all I seem to get are silver players when I play on legend level. Other peoppe seem to pull diamond players, but my “luck” sucks. Same goes for these packs. All I seem to get are uncommons. Lol.

You get tokens for the upgrades. Any ship you might get is a bonus.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    It’s true.. the tokens are the real reason to open Phoenix Prize Packs, they’re fantastic.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

Open more packs next time.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    > @salazarraze said:
    > surfacewarrior#8890 wrote: »
    >
    > Thanks for the clarification. I guess I misread what the vendor option stated. I thought it was to trade 10 uncommons for a random very rare.
    >
    > I guess I will just hang onto the ones I have for future use. It kind of sucks, because it was like all I got were uncommon tokens. It’s kind of like MLB the Show where all I seem to get are silver players when I play on legend level. Other peoppe seem to pull diamond players, but my “luck” sucks. Same goes for these packs. All I seem to get are uncommons. Lol.
    >
    >
    >
    > Open more packs next time.

We were only allowed one voucher per account oer day. So, I could only get one per day.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited August 2018

This.

You can’t trade them for a VR token, the only way to get a VR token is to get one directly from the box. The uncommon tokens are best exchanged for Phoenix Upgrade kits and then use the kits during upgrade weekends to upgrade your gear. You can spend your tokens any time, the Phoenix Store is always available, just double click on a token to open the store.

Don’t worry about your other threads, the mods here are completely out of control. One of them will surely be along soon to delete this line, lock this thread, get in a snide last word and then lock the thread. Almost every thread on here ends up locked, not your fault.

Yeah, you can't trade 'up' (would be nice, but then everyone would collect lower tokens to eventually get to all Epic ones).

And looks like the mod in question owes the OP an apology. That won't happen, of course, LOL (instead, this line will be redacted too, for sure).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    > @salazarraze said:
    >
    > Thanks for the clarification. I guess I misread what the vendor option stated. I thought it was to trade 10 uncommons for a random very rare.
    >
    > I guess I will just hang onto the ones I have for future use. It kind of sucks, because it was like all I got were uncommon tokens. It’s kind of like MLB the Show where all I seem to get are silver players when I play on legend level. Other peoppe seem to pull diamond players, but my “luck” sucks. Same goes for these packs. All I seem to get are uncommons. Lol.
    >
    >
    >
    > Open more packs next time.

We were only allowed one voucher per account oer day. So, I could only get one per day.
    Extra packs cost 4,500 dilithium or 40,000 for a 10 pack.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    It’s true.. the tokens are the real reason to open Phoenix Prize Packs, they’re fantastic.

Absolutely! In fact, Phoenix Upgrade tokens are the one thing that Made Upgrading Great Again. Otherwise, it would have become undoable for me, in the long run (with 3 toons and all Epic gear).
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited August 2018
    > @meimeitoo said:
    > seaofsorrows wrote: »
    >
    > davefenestrator wrote: »
    >
    > You can't purchase a VR token, all you can do is spend 10 uncommon tokens to get 1 unopened pack, which will probably just be another uncommon. Don't do that!!
    >
    > The best use of the uncommon tokens is to swap them for Phoenix Upgrades (1 per uncommon). These add the upgrade points of *4* superior tech upgrades but use no dil. Using 4 superior upgrades costs you 4,300 dil plus the credits or mats to craft the upgrades.
    >
    > You can use the tokens at any time, just like with lobi crystals. You just right-click and choose "use" to open the Phoenix store.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This.
    >
    > You can’t trade them for a VR token, the only way to get a VR token is to get one directly from the box. The uncommon tokens are best exchanged for Phoenix Upgrade kits and then use the kits during upgrade weekends to upgrade your gear. You can spend your tokens any time, the Phoenix Store is always available, just double click on a token to open the store.
    >
    > Don’t worry about your other threads, the mods here are completely out of control. One of them will surely be along soon to delete this line, lock this thread, get in a snide last word and then lock the thread. Almost every thread on here ends up locked, not your fault.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah, you can't trade 'up' (would be nice, but then everyone would collect lower tokens to eventually get to all Epic ones).
    >
    > And looks like the mod in question owes the OP an apology. That won't happen, of course, LOL (instead, this line will be redacted too, for sure).

Do they do that (go into people’s post & edit/redact text)?

I swear, when I composed the other post I had my questions in it & mentioned how the date of the event being from December 31 to December 31 made it confusing, because I didn’t know when it would truly end.

I posted it & then reread my post & everything was there. However, when I got the response from the moderator, the portion that included my questions & my reasoning was not displayed in my post.

If the moderator ARE editing people’s posts & taking out information that would be pretty shady & they shouldn’t be moderators if they are doing that kind of stuff.
    edited August 2018
    Oops “... moderators are...”
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited August 2018

I swear, when I composed the other post I had my questions in it & mentioned how the date of the event being from December 31 to December 31 made it confusing, because I didn’t know when it would truly end.

I posted it & then reread my post & everything was there. However, when I got the response from the moderator, the portion that included my questions & my reasoning was not displayed in my post.

If the moderator ARE editing people’s posts & taking out information that would be pretty shady & they shouldn’t be moderators if they are doing that kind of stuff.

They do, but it's usually marked as being edited/redacted and a reason. I saw your original post and there was no indication the mod edited it.

edited August 2018
    Do they do that (go into people’s post & edit/redact text)?

Haha, haven't been here long, have ya?! :) But yes, they *do* edit out comments they don't like; and assuredly comments about the moderation itself. So, wait for it. All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again. In this case, I don't care, though, as I simply think your legitimate questions did not deserve to get shut down so rudely. Even if you misunderstood the process -- OMG, what a crime! -- someone with only 17 posts to their name, obviously a new player, deserves some mininal leeway. But hey, that's just me.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited August 2018
    > @meimeitoo said:
    >
    > Do they do that (go into people’s post & edit/redact text)?
    >
    > I swear, when I composed the other post I had my questions in it & mentioned how the date of the event being from December 31 to December 31 made it confusing, because I didn’t know when it would truly end.
    >
    > I posted it & then reread my post & everything was there. However, when I got the response from the moderator, the portion that included my questions & my reasoning was not displayed in my post.
    >
    > If the moderator ARE editing people’s posts & taking out information that would be pretty shady & they shouldn’t be moderators if they are doing that kind of stuff.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Haha, haven't been here long, have ya?! :) But yes, they *do* edit out comments they don't like; and assuredly comments about the moderation itself. So, wait for it. All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again. In this case, I don't care, though, as I simply think your legitimate questions did not deserve to get shut down so rudely. Even if you misunderstood the process -- OMG, what a crime! -- someone with only 17 posts to their name, obviously a new player, deserves some mininal leeway. But hey, that's just me.”

Editing out portions of someone’s post just to dismiss it as a rant is totally unethical.

What is left online of my original post appears to simply be a pointless rant, because the other information is missing.

If that moderator did edit out stuff from my post just so they could dismiss it & lock it, they should be stripped of their position, because that is highly unethical behavior.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Your original post was not edited. At least not by any moderator, and certainly not by this one. It was found, responded to, and closed as is, with no questions being asked in it and appearing to be a rant. If you had further information or questions in the post, they seem to have been lost due to a technical issue. The forum is known to have them from time to time. For that, I do apologize.

It seems that you have had your questions answered in this thread, though, so I'm glad those issues could be cleared up for you. But, as it appears this thread is devolving into a discussion of moderation, which is against forum rules, this thread is now closed as well. Good luck to you and your future endeavors, OP. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.