test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

M.A.C.O., Omega Force, and Honor Guard armor

odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
I've been away for a bit, and I'm wondering if they ever added the new sets for the Omega Task Force armor outfits? There was one new set for M.A.C.O. and Honor Guard, and two new sets for Omega Force. I believe the MACO set was called Tactical, and the Omega sets were Reaper and Quietus. In my opinion, they were the best of their respective armors, so I really wanted them to add them at some point. since I've been away for a while, I want to know if they're obtainable yet.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    enoemg wrote: »
    I've been away for a bit, and I'm wondering if they ever added the new sets for the Omega Task Force armor outfits? There was one new set for M.A.C.O. and Honor Guard, and two new sets for Omega Force. I believe the MACO set was called Tactical, and the Omega sets were Reaper and Quietus. In my opinion, they were the best of their respective armors, so I really wanted them to add them at some point. since I've been away for a while, I want to know if they're obtainable yet.

I know you can unlock additional versions of MACO and Honor Guard by building the Adapted MACO/Adapted Honor Guard 3-piece sets. I'm told there's supposed to be a third variant that was unlockable by completing all the Borg STFs on Elite, but that's supposedly broken currently.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »

I know you can unlock additional versions of MACO and Honor Guard by building the Adapted MACO/Adapted Honor Guard 3-piece sets. I'm told there's supposed to be a third variant that was unlockable by completing all the Borg STFs on Elite, but that's supposedly broken currently.

Yeah, I have all of the currently available ones then. M.A.C.O. has three, Omega has two. All Omega Force sets supposedly have four different visuals to unlock, but I have yet to see any of the four I mentioned on anyone except NPCs. Since you can see them on NPCs, they're definitely in the game somewhere. I just have no idea how to get them, or if you even can.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,017 Community Moderator
    Yea... the Elites are broken because there are no Elite Borg STFs right now.
    And actually it wasn't just doing the Elites. You had to get the optionals on them.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User

yes, there are 3 maco versions. like you said one of them was unlockable by playing borg ground/space stfs. only my oldest toon has the 3 sets. like Ratler2 said it; it's broken now.

yes, there are 3 maco versions. like you said one of them was unlockable by playing borg ground/space stfs. only my oldest toon has the 3 sets. like Ratler2 said it; it's broken now.

I'm aware of the standard set, the second set that you could earn from doing all of the top rank STFs, and the third set you get from collecting the "adapted" set, but there's a fourth set called M.A.C.O. Tactical, different from all the rest. You can see it if your fleet starbase has the security guards in the transporter room that wear M.A.C.O. armor.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    There's additional Maco/Honor Guard/Omega variants that Cryptic produced but never included in game (beyond inclusion in the Foundry for funsies.) Could be something that Tier 6 reps rectify.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    There's additional Maco/Honor Guard/Omega variants that Cryptic produced but never included in game (beyond inclusion in the Foundry for funsies.) Could be something that Tier 6 reps rectify.

They're adding Tier 6 reps? Yeah, that could do it.
    But are they expanding existing reps as well or just having the ones from here on out have 6 tiers? THAT is the question. All we know is T6 reps. Doesn't tell us anything else.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    As the omega marks are one of the hardest for me to get ( I don't do group content), so it's taken me a while to get enough marks and BNP to get a set. Just recently completed the 3 piece M.A.C.O. on one toon and the KHG on another, both unlocked a costume for the tailor, however on checking the rep projects a new costume unlock project was in there, think it said "style 2" for the M.A.C.O.

Stands to reason if those two have a second outfit unlock then Omega probably does too.
    That's a holdout from when they first introduced Rep. Costume Unlocks were seperate projects. Nowadays they are automatic when you acquire the full ground set.
This discussion has been closed.