test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Creation issue [PC]

qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
I haven't created a new character in some time, so I don't know how long this has been going on. When I go to the character creations screen, there's an EXTREME degree of latency. I'm seeing about 1 fps in the character animation, and extremely long response times when clicking any character options (faction, gender, race, etc). It's making it all but impossible to create a new character, at the moment.

This happens on the main character creation screen. It's slightly less severe on the foundry character creation screen.

Comments

• bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    Noticed the same thing. Creating a new character is pretty much impossible.
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    Have the same issue, rest of the game runs fine for sto, but the charter creation has extreme lag.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • darkfox014darkfox014 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here
  • kompactkitty#8091 kompactkitty Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I get the same problem. >100 FPS during normal gameplay, 2 in the creation screen. Gone through almost every setting and nothing helps.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    You are not the only one having major issues.

I have been trying to make a new char for two days now.This char creator is new buggy issue.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    Just in case you might not have seen it yet, from the Patch Notes for tomorrow:
    General:
    •Resolved an issue which was causing a large performance issue in the character creator and tailor.
  • udanan#4627 udanan Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm a new player and I am having this problem right now even though some say it's been fixed already. Anyone else having fps drops?
  • feuerwolf#3519 feuerwolf Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have this problem too. Have checked my PC and internet connection. No problems there, but in the character creation... 2 FPS or so...
  • dameron92dameron92 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    This problem is actual again at least for me, 2 fps at creation window.
  • dameron92dameron92 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    As requested by GM, here we go again, hard lags when trying to create a new character, this bug since patch from 23th or 25th, i told gm about it so he told to make a post here