test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which bridge officer does not appear on ship bridges?

2»

Answers

• Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    double check to see if you have a sci boff on your away team but not your bridge. My tests earlier (Kirom) suggested that it'd attempt to pull from your away team to fill the empty slot.

Was using the same Sci Boff space and ground, so when I swapped the ground for another Sci that one shows up on the Origin bridge as well, so that's all six slots filled.
    Looks like department heads determine which slot they take, standing at the captains chair and looking at the view screen, just in front of it you have Operations on the left and Tactical on the right, between them and the captain's chair you have Science, turn 90 degrees to the right and you'll see Medical, right behind the Captain's chair is Security, and right at the back of the bridge is Engineering.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    bejaymac wrote: »
    double check to see if you have a sci boff on your away team but not your bridge. My tests earlier (Kirom) suggested that it'd attempt to pull from your away team to fill the empty slot.
    Was using the same Sci Boff space and ground, so when I swapped the ground for another Sci that one shows up on the Origin bridge as well, so that's all six slots filled.
    Looks like department heads determine which slot they take, standing at the captains chair and looking at the view screen, just in front of it you have Operations on the left and Tactical on the right, between them and the captain's chair you have Science, turn 90 degrees to the right and you'll see Medical, right behind the Captain's chair is Security, and right at the back of the bridge is Engineering.
    Interesting. I wonder what it does if your DHs are not the same as your active boffs though?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    With the Origin bridge DH only has a small effect on seating and even then only under certain conditions.
    With this one it appears to be space seniority that determines which Boff sits where, with the Intel cruiser I have 5 space Boffs, 2 Tac, 2 Engi and 1 Sci, main Tac gets the slot right behind the captains chair, main Engi gets stuck right at the back of the bridge, main Sci gets the console in front of the captains chair, while the 2 junior Tac & Engi get the 2 seats near the view screen. The spare Sci seat is given to a Sci from your away team, or a random Sci NPC if you don't have any in the away team, so far messing with the DH I've only managed to get my 2 space Tacs to swap seats, and that took a fair bit of messing about to even get that.

Trying to get my head around how the Order bridge (similar to the Galaxy bridge) works, 9 slots, 3 of each and it looks like DH might have an effect with this one, as I had a bit of a musical chairs going on earlier lol.
  • Options
    Galor bridge:
    left console by captain's chair: #2 space sci (Kristel)
    right console by captain's chair: ground tac boff(Cheazo)
    left kiosk: #1 space eng(12of33)
    right kiosk: ground tac boff(Andra)
    wall console on left: #2 space eng(Heath)
    floor console near view screen: #1 space tac(Yukcoce)
    floor console on right: #1 space sci(Sileng)

But... who is a DH?
    First Officer: 12 of 33
    Engineering: Heath
    Operations Kazat(not on bridge)
    Science: Aysoom(also not on bridge)
    Medical: Kristel
    Tactical: Nesza(also not on bridge)
    security: Cheazo

Ok, I swapped a few department heads around to see what happened,

First Officer: Nesza
    Engineering: 12 of 33
    Operations Heath
    Science: Kristel
    Medical: 7 of 35
    Tactical: Yukcoce
    security: Andra

left console by captain's chair: #1 space sci(Sileng)
    right console by captain's chair: ground tac boff(Andra)
    right kiosk: #1 space tac(Yukcoce)
    floor console near view screen: ground tac boff(Cheazo)
    floor console on right: #2 space sci (Kristel)

Now I set my DHs so that none of the boffs on the bridge was a DH.

left console by captain's chair: #1 space sci(Sileng)
    right console by captain's chair: ground tac boff(Cheazo)
    right kiosk: ground tac boff(Andra)
    floor console near view screen: #1 space tac(Yukcoce)
    floor console on right: #2 space sci (Kristel)

Note: this is the Galor bridge and there are currently at least 4 ships that can use it. I was using the Science dreadnought. Presumably a ship with more than one tac boff slotted would use more than one space boff. Soo.. the game picks boffs from your active bridge crew and away team, then might rearrange them based on department head assignments.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Oh, forgot to mention, 7 of 35 and Kazat are on my away team, but having them as a department head did not cause them to replace one of my active space boffs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
This discussion has been closed.