test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How many marks are you saving up for the coming Tier 6 reputation?

usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
Or do you think they’ll do a twist and introduce a new currency? I’m shooting for 2000 myself. Running CCA for the dailies.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    It doesn't make sense for the XP projects to require something other than marks. Personally, I think it will require 200,000 XP to get to Tier 6. Any new currency will be for getting new reputation equipment that is only available to get to Tier 6. Although, I would suspect it would be a super elite mark if they do add it.

The older reputations require Warp Drives, Secondary Deflectors, Experimental Weapons, and Kit Modules. Personally, I hope that the Tier 6 Reputation will add more interesting things like Bridge Officers, hangar pets, permanent vanity pets, shuttles, and combat pets.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Not really aiming for any particular level. I'm mostly just making sure that when I get a choice of marks from something, I take one that the particular character is lowest on.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Still on the fence about if I really need to do this at all.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    If you mean rep marks, my older toons have 4k-10k in each rep, just in the course of doing stuff over the years. And my newer X recruit toons... I don't care about. They existed for their recruit unlocks and now just hang out at DS9 and doff a bit.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    On my only toon that I actually care about, Omega marks are at 64k now, others somewhere in 4-5k range. Haven't been actively collecting them on purpose, they just keep piling.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Gonna wait until I learn more.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    Dreading it TBH, I don't play anything that requires me to join a queue or be part of a team, so some marks can be hard to come by, the newest rep I can't get marks for it yet, hopefully they will add it to the multi choice box in time for the winter event.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    none. I play the game. I will see when the t6 rep will be available.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    At least 2k marks per rep.

I have a feeling it's going to cost an unreal amount to get to T6. I honestly think it's a bad idea but of course I have to get access to anything new that comes with T6 rep so I am saving up. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    Not really hoarding. I mean, it's not like you can feed more than 30 Marks for the daily anyway (which you can easily get per day, and then some). All I do now, is not convert the Marks to Dilithium any more. But not going out of my way collecting them all.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Gonna wait until I learn more.

Ditto
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Not really hoarding. I mean, it's not like you can feed more than 30 Marks for the daily anyway (which you can easily get per day, and then some). All I do now, is not convert the Marks to Dilithium any more. But not going out of my way collecting them all.

Totally agreed, I am just using the Crystaline Event as an easy way to get ahead of it. It's free and easy marks and I know I will eventually use them so I am taking advantage while I can.

Overall though, you're right.. you can get the 30/day easily from Red Alerts alone. There is no real need to hoard them.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Only reps I'd consider stockpiling are those that are a pain to get hold of 30 a day for, which is none bar gamma at the moment.

Certainly won't be trying to level multiple characters reps all at the same time, too many for that.

Need to know more than just rank 6 is coming to care about the rep increase.

What rewards will there be? Will they finally add a plasma omni to the game via romulan rep, yes there are gamble box weapons but thats chance of a chance therefore not worth considering a viable option and prone to price gouging.

Will they decide to disable sponsorship for the 5-6 bracket until you get a new sponsor token? Hopfully not as they'd likely break it for the 1-5.

Will they overinflate the requirements in order to drag out peoples playtime? (some overlap with previous)
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    My guesses:

Tier 6 Omega - T6 Sphere Ship
    Tier 6 Nukara - Tholian Boff
    Tier 6 Dyson - T-Rex Combat Pet
    Tier 6 Romulan - Metagenic Cloud Module
    Tier 6 Undine - T6 Dreadnaught
    Tier 6 Delta - Delta Missions Complete All Toons
    Tier 6 Lukari - Kumarkee dies a slow death
    Tier 6 Competitive - the score board works for you in PvP matches
    Tier 6 Gamma - playable Founder
    Tier 6 Temporal - Permanent access to 23c Starbase

I can’t remember them all
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    questerius wrote: »
    Ditto

ditto-pokemon-go.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Saving marks right now doesn't make sense since it will have a 20 hour CD for XP projects.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Considering you really only need 60 a day because of cooldowns? None; I'll just grab bonus boxes from Red Alerts and CCA like I usually do.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    My Jem has about 400 leftover of most marks from when I did his T5 and purchases, so probably I'll get him up to 600 and pray this is an account unlock thing.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I'm not going to bother grinding any extra marks now.

If I decide to get a new ship mastery trait then I'll get marks as a side effect, but other than that I'll wait to see what T6 brings and whether or not it's something I care about for that character.
  • jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    I'll set up a course of action once I see what goes down on PC (I'm on XBox). I want to know if this is gonna invalidate existing sponsorships, as just about every toon I play now has sponsorships for all reps except for Gamma, which I have one toon doing right now.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Like @seaofsorrows mentioned 2k is the number that is on my mind as well.

Now there is a lot of *if* to what I concluded and we absolutely have no info at all on what is to come but I roughly estimate:

- XP iteration form the second to last fleet star base/colony tier (100 000 XP) to the final is 150 000 XP.

- Personal reputation’s highest tier is also currently 100.000 so in a cryptic game I would guess we also need 150.000 XP more now

- Without sponsorship 150 000 XP / 2 500 XP dailies is 60 projects worth 30 marks each so 1800 marks in sum.

- With sponsorship 150 000 XP / 5 000 XP dailies is 30 projects so 900 marks in sum

Again, we have no idea what is to come. They also hinted in a P1 podcast they will somehow integrate a feature we already have with event rewards (ships/items) where at some point in the past they started to view the players as account and not on a character basis.

No idea what this is supposed to mean here but a hardcore solution to the growing number of reputation systems could also be that they reform the entire system to an account wide effort. I would not mind that as the number of pointless sliders to pull each day would greatly be reduced. Others might complain that it would reduce the rewards for the dailies also, not to mention the final one, a great deal which is true.

We shall see.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    My guesses:

Tier 6 Omega - T6 Sphere Ship
    Tier 6 Nukara - Tholian Boff
    Tier 6 Dyson - T-Rex Combat Pet
    Tier 6 Romulan - Metagenic Cloud Module
    Tier 6 Undine - T6 Dreadnaught
    Tier 6 Delta - Delta Missions Complete All Toons
    Tier 6 Lukari - Kumarkee dies a slow death
    Tier 6 Competitive - the score board works for you in PvP matches
    Tier 6 Gamma - playable Founder
    Tier 6 Temporal - Permanent access to 23c Starbase

I can’t remember them all

My guesses...

Tier 6 Omega - Borg warp core/singularity core
    Tier 6 Nukara - Tholian warp core/singularity core
    Tier 6 Dyson - Unlock the extra gun on the T5 Dyson ships to put whatever weapon you want in there.
    Tier 6 Romulan - Romulan warp core/singularity core
    Tier 6 Undine - Undine Boff
    Tier 6 Delta - Cooparative Boff
    Tier 6 Lukari - Protomatter healing and shield device for ground. (replaces hypo/shield in to one device.)
    Tier 6 Competitive - Foam swords, bat'leths, lirpa's to beat people over the head with.
    Tier 6 Gamma - Founder Boff
    Tier 6 Temporal - A nifty stop watch device place a hold on enemy ships in a X km radius.

As for marks I've been saving up but regardless of what they do I'll have either the T6 rep made or a nice pile of ore to refine.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I have over 80k omega marks and 12k marks for every other rep. Except gamma...I have about 4k of that. Didn't know they were planning to expand the reps in this fashion, but okay.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    All of them, since I play on PS4 and can't contribute to rep projects since ViL came out.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    If it ends up being JUST marks, I'll be wondering what the point of all this was. I'd be disappoint if Widgets weren't also involved, I'd suggest people start collecting those. Because bumping the rep to T6 with just more of the same isn't going to do anything to revitalize queues. Making it consume WIDGETS would provide a reason to be in the real queues, not just spam RAs.

Eh, an elite mark requirement for daily rep increase wouldn't get people to do queues, it would get people to just ignore the whole thing.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    If it ends up being JUST marks, I'll be wondering what the point of all this was. I'd be disappoint if Widgets weren't also involved, I'd suggest people start collecting those. Because bumping the rep to T6 with just more of the same isn't going to do anything to revitalize queues. Making it consume WIDGETS would provide a reason to be in the real queues, not just spam RAs.

Eh, an elite mark requirement for daily rep increase wouldn't get people to do queues, it would get people to just ignore the whole thing.
    That's assuming the rewards for leveling up are insufficiently desireable...

...which of course is a fair assumption since all the previous tiers are exactly that.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »

The people that would ignore it can't carry their own weight anyway so I wouldn't worry about them. Adding a single elite mark requirement for a daily xp project is a good idea IMO.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I’d be game for requiring elite marks. But pugs would be an absolute mess with all underequipped players trying to ride coat tails.
This discussion has been closed.