test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Fleet Vanished (XB1)

bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
I logged in today and noticed that my main (and a number of alts) were no longer part of a fleet. I checked my mail - nothing. I tried to log on to the club and it says the club has been suspended. Don't know why and there is no explanation. Seems strange to me that funny business in an XB1 club could have any repercussions in the game and vice versa. I've tried searching the forums and reddit and nothing. I've tried messaging a few people here and in game and yet to hear anything back. I've tried searching for the fleet in game and it no longer exists. It's very strange. On top of that, I had millions of fleet credits wrapped into the fleet and had been promoted a number of times. Is there any way to find out what happened outside of hoping that someone I contact knows? Any T5 KDF fleets looking for more members?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    The good news is that all of your fleet credit is still yours. It comes with you and isn't tied to the fleet. As far as anything else goes, I honestly don't know. Is it possible that fleet leadership disbanded and deleted the fleet ?
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    You’ve been had. That same fleet got me with the same trick. I met the contribution requirements and asked to be promoted to get access to the stores. A leader told me there would be a “promotion party” that Friday. He made a joke about bloodwine, even made it sound like a fun fleet event. Logged in Friday and instead... you guessed it, I had been kicked out. Other players too, all at once. No replies to messages, even when I saw people in game. Couldn’t find them in search. Real shady stuff. This is their MO. Take your contributions and kick you out. This was my first toon on Xbox and I didn’t have a lot of resources to meet contribution requirements in another fleet. It sucks they’re still doing this same garbage a year after it happened to me. Just let people know and maybe they’ll be able to rob less new players and stop ruining the KDF experience for players on XBOX.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    uhUNAYQ.png

Naming and shaming against forum rules. Fleet name removed.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    The fleet doesn't exist at all is what I am saying. It's not that I have been kicked out. It is totally gone. It doesn't exist. Is it possible they renamed it? Can you rename a fleet? Does PWE disband fleets for any reason? I would imagine if someone did something bad enough to get the entire fleet disbanded that they would send out some sort of communication? I just can't think of a reason why someone would do this unless there is a way to make money from it. Is it possible to rename and sell a fleet?

As a side note, I didn't put the name to shame anyone. I'm just trying to find out what happened to the fleet that I invested a lot of time and energy into. I also just reviewed the forum rules and didn't see any rule against using a fleet name or anything close to how asking this sort of question would break any of the listed rules.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    The fleet doesn't exist at all is what I am saying. It's not that I have been kicked out. It is totally gone. It doesn't exist. Is it possible they renamed it? Can you rename a fleet? Does PWE disband fleets for any reason? I would imagine if someone did something bad enough to get the entire fleet disbanded that they would send out some sort of communication? I just can't think of a reason why someone would do this unless there is a way to make money from it. Is it possible to rename and sell a fleet?

As a side note, I didn't put the name to shame anyone. I'm just trying to find out what happened to the fleet that I invested a lot of time and energy into. I also just reviewed the forum rules and didn't see any rule against using a fleet name or anything close to how asking this sort of question would break any of the listed rules.

Even talking about moderation measures is against the rules. :wink:

As for your former Fleet, unless you stored many expensive lock box ships in their bank or something, I would just let it go, and move on. You keep your Fleet credit; and as for what happened to you, looks to me like you really don't want to be too eager to return to them as it is.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    You still have all of your fleet credits so don't worry about that.

I've never heard of PWE disbanding a fleet. Perhaps the officers decided to stop playing, and were too selfish to hand over the fleet to someone else?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    PWE doesn't disband fleets, as they are not the developers. They're just the distributor. Cryptic would have direct power over in game stuff. If it had an offensive name I can see that getting changed by the Devs. But I've never heard of them outright deleting a fleet in all my time playing on PC.

But I'd have to agree that the situation stinks all to hell. Something fishy happened.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Yeah, I know naming/shaming can be abused and blah blah blah... but sadly the bad guys gets to run rampant w/o consequences because of it. Unless there's a reddit or some 3rd party site that tracks them I don't know about. :/

STO Yelp, that sound perfect! :D I don't forsee any problems w/ that! yeah... :|
    I know when I've tried to sell things a couple times in Zone chat, all I get is others yelling "Scammer Alert!" when they have no evidence of anything shady. I've never scammed anyone in a trade, but since no one knows anyone really, people just have to hope others are being honest. Which is kinda sad in STO. I always figured (had hoped) Trek fans were better on average than other gamer communities for being upright citizens. Maybe they are? But always gonna be that % of ne'er-do-wells anywhere. Maybe since it's F2P now it allows more unsavory people access w/o having to pay to gain that access?
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    The fleet doesn't exist at all is what I am saying.[...]It is totally gone. It doesn't exist. Is it possible they renamed it? Can you rename a fleet?
    Yes. Anybody with the right permissions can rename a fleet.
    Does PWE disband fleets for any reason? I would imagine if someone did something bad enough to get the entire fleet disbanded that they would send out some sort of communication?
    No. They don't involve themselves in a fleet's affairs. Yes, they can involve themselves in a player's in-game affairs if the Terms of Service are being violated.
    [...]Is it possible to rename and sell a fleet?
    Yes. But only for in-game items i.e. EC, contraband.

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    The fleet doesn't exist at all is what I am saying.[...]It is totally gone. It doesn't exist. Is it possible they renamed it? Can you rename a fleet?
    Yes. Anybody with the right permissions can rename a fleet.
    Does PWE disband fleets for any reason? I would imagine if someone did something bad enough to get the entire fleet disbanded that they would send out some sort of communication?
    No. They don't involve themselves in a fleet's affairs. Yes, they can involve themselves in a player's in-game affairs if the Terms of Service are being violated.

It is extremely unlikely PWE would take direct action against a player ingame: they're just the game's publisher. Cryptic would, of course. There are PWE officials present on the forum, naturally (like their liaison, the Community Manager), and they will deal with (severe) forum violations, and/or, at times, intervene on your behalf when there's a financial issue that needs to be brought to Cryptic's attention and such (and only then as a courtesy, really). It would be a first, though, to me, if a publisher directly put sanctions on a player, ingame, for one of the games they publish.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    They kicked you out. Put you on ignore. Renamed the fleet. And they hid it from search. The likely kicked dozens of other people out in your same situation. Now, the leaders are waiting in hiding for it to blow over. In a few weeks, you’ll start seeing members of XXXXXXXX in space again. And as soon as they need something completed or filled they will recruit a bunch of players and start the cycle over again. I don’t think people realize how awkward it is to get into a fleet on Xbox if you don’t have a keyboard or headset.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Well, that is kinda ratty of them. Sorry this happened to you, bmcd73.
    I hope you are able to find a better fleet, soonish.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Imagine being so pitifully broke and stupid that you feel the need to scam newbies out of their hard earned pittance. Complete disgrace.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Agreed.
    No honor whatsoever. Just exploiting players for essentially personal gain, then giving them the boot when they ask for something that was basically promised to them.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    [Mod Hat] This is going nowhere good, so I'm closing it. I suggest you head down to the Fleet Recruitment subforum and ask around for a reputable Xbox fleet. [/Mod Hat]

Blank+_1faf480825478c5762dc028c8e202a60.gif
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
This discussion has been closed.