test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is the foundry open to all players for the contest?

psygn0sispsygn0sis Member Posts: 102 Arc User
If I remember correctly you had to be a good member or life time sub to access the foundry.
CLR.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    No, I made a character for the Foundry and do not have a sub or life time. Though, I did have to make a character (use a character slot) and unlock a mission slot with dilithium. And I did it a while ago, while I was still fairly new to the game, and did not have access to several characters stash of resources...

So, it is doable for anyone.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    What you need is dilithium (your first foundry test character is "free" and doesn't take up a character slot), so it's technically open to everyone. I'm not a life time sub and the only reason I'm not entering is that my style of making Foundry missions takes so long I'd miss the deadline.

So if you wanna try making a mission go head, more people trying the better, just read the foundry portion of the forums first as there's some bugs that you need to know how work around to make missions.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Per the challenge thread the requirements are:
    1. Make a mission for Jem’Hadar or Cardassian player characters. The plot may be anything you wish, as long as it is geared toward either or both of these playable races.
    2. This mission should reflect your own work and be made within the challenge window
    3. Publish your mission and make an appropriate post in entry thread by 4 p.m. US Pacific Time, Friday, Sept. 21.
    4. Adhere to the Foundry EULA
    5. Include at least nine references to Tardigrades

And here's a link to a thread with PSA's about bugs (ie. work arounds to said bugs) and other introductory material to the Foundry.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    psygn0sispsygn0sis Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Thanks all. I'll check it out the next time I log on
    CLR.png
This discussion has been closed.