test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vorgon Dreadnought Cruiser Lohlunat Festival 2018... I want my last 40 Prize Vouchers.

munkmetal1#6963 munkmetal1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Hi. My name is [redacted by moderator]. I'm a new player to Star Trek Online. But I love the game to death. It's everything I've ever wanted in a game. Been playing it every day since I first got it. But the reason I'm posting this is because I started participating in the Lohlunat Summer Festival on Risa (2018), just in time to earn enough vouchers for the Vorgon Dreadnought Cruiser you're giving away for the Flying High mission. As of last night I was up to 965 prize vouchers of the 1000 needed to claim the ship via the Reputation System. And because of work I'm only able to do it at a certain time, given the 20 hour cool down needed to earn more vouchers. Today is the last day of the festival and would have been the final 40 vouchers I needed to claim the ship. The festival ended at 10 PST, which would be 1 pm here at my time on the East Coast. But unfortunately, there was maintenance being done on the PS4 servers until 1pm your time, which is 3pm MY time. 5 hours after the festival ends, which means I've wasted a month trying to earn the vouchers needed for the ship. I understand the maintenance is required to keep the game working properly for all of us. But I guess I'm just upset because I was really looking forward to finally obtaining my first T6 ship. Is there any chance you guys will either be giving away a free 40 prize vouchers or could at least help me out with some? I know it's not your fault nor your intention, I hope at least, but I feel a little cheated here. I'm really hoping this can be made right. And I know after looking around all day that I'm not the only one this happened to. The festival was scheduled to run until a specific time and that's what I based my time on. And before anyone asks, no, I couldn't have woken up earlier to do it because of the cool down time needed for the mission. I couldn't have earned more vouchers until at least 9 am my time, which was a whole hour after maintenance started. I was really looking forward to having that ship today and playing late into the night, but after all this, I don't even want to play the game. And that really bums me out, because I've played nothing BUT this game since I downloaded it. Please guys, fix this. And yes, I submitted a ticket on the support page already.

-Fleet Admiral Messer
Post edited by starswordc on

Comments

• tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    SOL, unfortunately.

But, you have 2 options:

1. Keep the project slotted until next year's Summer event and you'll be able to finish it then.

2. Get some Lobi (by opening Lockboxes) and purchase the remaining vouchers with Lobi (they always keep this option open for a bit after events end).
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    > @tmghost7729#8985 said:
    > SOL, unfortunately.
    >
    > But, you have 2 options:
    >
    > 1. Keep the project slotted until next year's Summer event and you'll be able to finish it then.
    >
    > 2. Get some Lobi (by opening Lockboxes) and purchase the remaining vouchers with Lobi (they always keep this option open for a bit after events end).

Actually 1 won't work because the vouchers are marked by year now.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I've had several people tell me that if you keep the project slotted (2018), you can use next years vouchers (2019) to finish it. You just can't save up this year's (2018) to use on next year's (2019) project.

I've never even attempted that though so I'm just repeating what several other people have said. But I do trust these folks so I will side with them.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Yeah, ^^ Newer ones are usable on older projects but not vice versa.
  • renata666renata666 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Yeah, ^^ Newer ones are usable on older projects but not vice versa.
    Good to know.