test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Helmets and Bridge Officers

smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
It looks like we're all over the map (all four quadrants) on this. Which full armor helmets (either lobi store or reputation) can BOffs currently wear?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    I think they can wear all the rep ones, some you have to go into the costume categorie (i.e. maco, omega...) and some are dropped into the uniform categorie. Not sure about lobbi, I'm pretty sure they can use the Vadwar & undine. But restrictions seem to differ between species & genders.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    Depends on the captain, my AOY has the Temporal rep outfit, yet none of the BOFFs can wear it, doesn't matter if it's a 23c BOFF or a 25c BOFF it just doesn't show in any of the options.

I'd recommend heading over to Tribble to test what outfits work before you "buy" them on the Holodeck.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Boffs can wear all* the rep helmets. Yes, including the temporal one, even though they can't wear the actual armor. Delta and iconian reps don't have helmets.

* Disclaimer: I don't have the gamma rep outfit unlocked yet.

They can also wear at least the herald, hirogen and vaadwaur helmets from the lobi store.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    Just to throw in another example....

Romulan BOffs can wear the 23rd century Romulan battle helmet....but only if they are male. Female Romulans can't.

Why?
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    warpangel wrote: »
    Boffs can wear all* the rep helmets. Yes, including the temporal one, even though they can't wear the actual armor. Delta and iconian reps don't have helmets.

They can also wear at least the herald, hirogen and vaadwaur helmets from the lobi store.

Yea I don't think I ever had a problem using REP gear on any bridge officer's.
    0zxlclk.png
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Do you
    strathkin wrote: »

My BOffs can't wear the Omega rep helmets. Not even with the full costume unlock (by getting all three of the set). I'm on PS4, so no Tribble for me to test them out, and I'm really gun-shy about buying something from the lobi store that I'm hoping will work but doesn't. Nor do I intend to grind all the reputations until I get the ones that work.

Do you

My BOffs can't wear the Omega rep helmets. Not even with the full costume unlock (by getting all three of the set). I'm on PS4, so no Tribble for me to test them out, and I'm really gun-shy about buying something from the lobi store that I'm hoping will work but doesn't. Nor do I intend to grind all the reputations until I get the ones that work.
    Both the MACO and the Omega Force helmets are boff-wearable on PC (I don't have the klingon set but it's presumably the same). So, either it's a console issue or you're looking in the wrong place.
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Do you

Both the MACO and the Omega Force helmets are boff-wearable on PC (I don't have the klingon set but it's presumably the same). So, either it's a console issue or you're looking in the wrong place.

I don't reject either of those possibilities.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Just to throw in another example....

Romulan BOffs can wear the 23rd century Romulan battle helmet....but only if they are male. Female Romulans can't.

Why?

Maybe they're afraid of getting helmet hair.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I have been waiting forever for them to allow my boffs to wear the temporal armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Once you remove those helmets, the toons original visage has undergone a reset. I use the armors minus the helmets for this reason!
    Do you

I don't reject either of those possibilities.
    Are the armors boff-wearable on console? Can you use the helmet on your captain?

If you can't find the helmet, first set the costume category to the armor in question (like "Omega Force") and then set the head category from "Humanoid" to "Helmet."
This discussion has been closed.