test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it a bad idea to use a Kobali Samsar Cruiser on a non-tank based tactical toon?

avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
edited March 2018 in The Shipyard
During the last phoenix box event I scored 3 epic tokens, the only ships I didn't have were the Nandi, Samsar and Sarr Theln. Naturally I thought about claiming the Nandi on my tactical toon (which I have), the Samsar on my engineering toon, and the Sarr Theln on my science toon.

Now I am starting to want the Samsar on my tactical toon as well but he is not a tank based toon and this ship seems better suited to tanking and engineer abilities, and it only has very limited room for tactical boff abilities and tactical consoles, I really like the look of the ship but I am not at all sure if I should give it to my tactical toon.

Comments

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    It's a meh ship, very limited in what it can do. Apart from the console, the ship is not worth having because of it's limitations.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
      You'll never be a DPS king with it, but I can think of a couple ways to run it as a light controller/debuffer, especially if you slot the Resolute trait and use Aceton Beam in one of your upper Eng slots and Overwhelm Emitters III in your LCDR Eng/Cmd slot. I would suggest setting up a single-Aux2Batt build with thoron-infused polaron, grabbing the Delta Alliance Ordnance set and rigging your consoles to buff polaron damage and whatever you slot in your LCDR Sci slot and engineering slots.
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
      I'm gonna be the guy that says it..

It's the worst ship in Star Trek Online.. don't do it.

It's a tragic waste of an Epic Token, the ship is utter garbage. If you don't have anything left to use the Epic token on, break it down into a lower rarity and get something else.. heck get upgrade kits and use them to upgrade gear on a ship that doesn't suck.

Seriously.. it's bad.. really bad.
      Insert witty signature line here.
      edited August 2018
      I'm gonna be the guy that says it..

It's the worst ship in Star Trek Online.. don't do it.

It's a tragic waste of an Epic Token, the ship is utter garbage. If you don't have anything left to use the Epic token on, break it down into a lower rarity and get something else.. heck get upgrade kits and use them to upgrade gear on a ship that doesn't suck.

Seriously.. it's bad.. really bad.

Trust me, it isn't; that honor goes to the T5 Star Cruiser (not the Oddy, the "space shovel"). And I've actually managed to get that to work halfway decently (not having a lot of RL money to throw around forces you to get creative). It ain't easy by any stretch but it can be done.

At least he's got an LCDR Sci to work with.
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      The ship looks nice but it's not so great on the boff arrangement, you could fold the ensing uni and Lt tac into a Lt. Cmdr tac slot and that would be an improvement.
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
        Why is my thread reopened with all the older replies deleted? I could've sworn I asked to close this thread long ago.
        avoozuul wrote: »
        Why is my thread reopened with all the older replies deleted? I could've sworn I asked to close this thread long ago.

[Mod Hat] Yeah, looks like you did. This must be a duplicate that was eaten by the edit monster and got put back when I verified you manually (some posts you made more recently had been eaten). [/Mod Hat]
        — Sabaton, "Great War"
        VZ9ASdg.png

This discussion has been closed.