What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[RISA] 2018 Risa Lohlunat Festival - Discussion

1101112131416»

Comments

• warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    ltminns wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure of what the hub-bub is about Doffing in Winter. You get at most four Assignments, with KDF getting less the better portion of the time. You don't get nearly any worthwhile numbers of ornaments for those. However, they are especially 'rich' in Dilitium payouts at 125 per. There are very few normal Doff Assignments that pay out more Dilitium.

You will need to partake in the festivities in Winter if you want to get yourself an acceptable cache of Ornaments. The other thing about Winter is the cheaper prices for the Barterable goods. Doff Training Manuals are the same price for all Tiers and they are one level higher than Summer (Lt., Lt. Commander, and Commander), whereas Summer is Ensign, Lt., and Lt. Commander.
    There are in fact 11 assignments for both factions. And they give plenty enough ornaments. I haven't grinded the WW activities in years (not since they account unlocked the ships) and still get all the new clothes.

But of course, that's not strictly a good thing. I would much prefer all the activities be worth doing, in addition to the doffing. Still, the doff assignments are enough reason to at least park all my alts in WW during the event, as opposed to Risa which I pretty much ignore on alts completely.

My beef with the Summer lolnuts is there's just not much point getting them at all, by any means. The clothes are mostly restricted into uselessness. Like this years baseball clothes, of which only the caps can be used for custom outfits. Still have to pay full price to get them, and they aren't even recolorable. I don't even know if there is any difference between the "home" and "away" versions, much less what it would be. The rash guards, the shorts and all the non-bikini swimsuits are made useless by that ridiculous map-restriction.

And the equipment is meh, as usual. All you need is a non-disappearing floater to run the ship mission with and maybe a board if you're (still) doing the colony minigames.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Yeah, doing the Winter doff assignments (on 8+ characters) the last couple years has left me buying anything I wanted, burning dozens of them in the GPL conversion to buy the Club clothes (before Ferengi Admiralty) and selling off extra stacks beyond the 1000-1500 of each I end up keeping until the next year.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure of what the hub-bub is about Doffing in Winter. You get at most four Assignments, with KDF getting less the better portion of the time. You don't get nearly any worthwhile numbers of ornaments for those. However, they are especially 'rich' in Dilitium payouts at 125 per. There are very few normal Doff Assignments that pay out more Dilitium.

You will need to partake in the festivities in Winter if you want to get yourself an acceptable cache of Ornaments. The other thing about Winter is the cheaper prices for the Barterable goods. Doff Training Manuals are the same price for all Tiers and they are one level higher than Summer (Lt., Lt. Commander, and Commander), whereas Summer is Ensign, Lt., and Lt. Commander.

What you should be complaining about is that Summer has no Doff Assignments.

You can get more than 4 doffing assignments, yeah not a ton more it's really random... but the cool down period is short. inside winter event, academy, space dock. for kdf also 1st city. i have stacks of those things... I think there are 6 flavors for winter... can easily get a full stack of each drop type just doing doffing. the drop rate for summer is abysmal.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    Yeah I pretty much only do the doff assignments for ornaments. I will do some other activities for occasional enjoyment, but the doffs give all I need for the grind.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    About four simultaneously. Not the totality availible. I've got between 750 and 1600 of each type of ornament in the Account Bank and have had so for a few years. Plenty enough to get what I want for each Character this year and replaced that year.

I think I picked up about 400 Lohlunats as I only did the hunt when I logged the Character in to do the Daily and it was running. I have about 21,000 of those in the Account Bank.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    I'll be honest; the Hunt for Temporal Artifacts is borked up.
    Seriously.
    I do not waste time on it anymore. I just do the Race for the ship and some mingames so I can eventually get a top-shelf floater for the alts doing Risa.

The binary indicators of "Closer" and "Farther" away is not enough. In the time I invested only 1 of the 3 characters I was trying the new minigame with, even got a single Artifact. Until it is fixed with EITHER Directionality or Distance (non-binary Range), I will not waste my time with it.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    All you really need in the artifact hunt is a map with the dig sites marked on it and the closer/farther. I had no problems when I'd run it over four toons because the dig sites don't change.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Can I raise a bird to the next stage just before maintenance happens and will it evolve it afterwards or will it automatically cancel the assignment?
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Can I raise a bird to the next stage just before maintenance happens and will it evolve it afterwards or will it automatically cancel the assignment?

It'll work. The only thing that goes away are the vendors and activity npcs.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I thought I would be the only one spending the last night running around Risa every 15 mins hunting for Artifacts....but it seems I am not. I keep running into other players at the scavenger hunt dig sites.

Good luck everyone still looking!!! We have till maintenance in the morning.
    Gonna go make coffee...I think. LOL!

Looking for "Chicago Mobs of the Twenties" on one and that "Portable Fusion Generator" on the other.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Whooo Hooo... as of 10:38pm my time....completed "In a Geologic Sense...." accolade on all 11 characters!!

Stayed on to collect more Lohlunat and keep a friend company... I could not hang past 12:35am.
    HE is staying on for another 3 hours so he can collect on the Birds and Monkeys and more lohlunats.

Amazeballs!

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • draugadandraugadan Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    So, I haven't played in a while (about 2 years). I come back, see Risa event is going on. I started a little late somebody in my Fleet chat tells me I have plenty of time. However, I have 880 Prize vouchers, and I find out today it is over. I can't find the guy that sells Prize vouchers for Lobi... so, I am just SOL? And just wasted all that time flying in circles around Risa?
    draugadan wrote: »
    So, I haven't played in a while (about 2 years). I come back, see Risa event is going on. I started a little late somebody in my Fleet chat tells me I have plenty of time. However, I have 880 Prize vouchers, and I find out today it is over. I can't find the guy that sells Prize vouchers for Lobi... so, I am just SOL? And just wasted all that time flying in circles around Risa?

I would guess: In the Summer Event Reputation store?

• draugadandraugadan Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »

I would guess: In the Summer Event Reputation store?

I looked again. Nothing there. Can turn Lobi into Favors. ;shrug... oh well.

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    The only event I constantly did for a few days before I lost interest in the whole Risa event, was the dance off. The rest of it was just another grind. IMO at least the dancing is more interactive and fun since you see all kinds of weirdos dancing around bear-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    edited August 2018

DO NOT DUMP THAT PROJECT!! I believe you can fill it with next year's tokens as long as it is still there!!!

Someone please verify this for me.

DO NOT DUMP THAT PROJECT!! I believe you can fill it with next year's tokens as long as it is still there!!!

Yes, you can. I actually ran for two of my family members and they had ships from previous years still slotted, so I filled them all as well.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Check Lobi Store. They may actually pull that from the Store after the Event is over.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I just checked the lobi store, not there.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    I hope that guy got the message.

Thanks for verifying that players can still fill old Event rep projects with the new year's tokens to finish them. And double checking the Lobi store.

It is kinda odd they don't leave that in the store...since it seems like something people would be inclined to check and purchase after the event is over.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I'm really glad that they at least let you slot projects and finish them the following year. Last year, I was on a break from STO and missed out on the Vorgon Carrier, this year though I got both ships because I slotted the project on the last day.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    You're welcome. I didn't mind checking and since I had been flying for my family I figured I'd share that I was flying for more than this year's event ship.

I'm also flying them again in the CC event and my grandson has the console slotted and I have enough time to get both for him using the same captain. I'm just swapping out which one gets the shard.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    edited August 2018
    echatty wrote: »
    All you really need in the artifact hunt is a map with the dig sites marked on it and the closer/farther. I had no problems when I'd run it over four toons because the dig sites don't change.

I might try that next summer. Thx!

The reason I have a handful of alts running the event was, in addition to having multiple accounts, I had unfinished projects for the Luxury Cruiser; on most accounts I dropped the Projects for the Corvette because it was already unlocked on all but one. So each I was trying to complete the old projects for the Luxury Cruiser and the new project for the Dreadnought.
    4073703.jpg
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
    You're welcome.

If you had the corvette unlocked, then it should be available for all your toons. Check the event store reclaim tab on the alt who doesn't have it and it should be there if they have an available ship slot.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    I was thorough; all accounts except the last one had the Corvette completed & unlocked for alts. Only the last one needs a char to complete the project to unlock it. So good to go!
    4073703.jpg

This discussion has been closed.