test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Double XP Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited August 2018 in Galactic News Network [PC]

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Time to shelve the lowbies for a bit and start using my level capped alts and get some Spec points. New KDF and Rom alts are usually "broken" by the Double XP events anyway, since you can easily hit lvl 20+ before you get the mission to go claim your first ship.

Unless they finally fixed that. :#

So unless you have some lower level CStore ships, it kinda sucks to do the low level content in the starter ship. Doable, but not fun. At least not to me.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I always find the double exp welcomed regardless the character level I feel like playing. iamynaught has a point about causing some misalignment early on for characters though but nothing detrimental.

I keep hoping Cryptic brings back another TOSling event similar to what they did for the Deltas.

• lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    I look forward to the double-XP event... I have plenty of toons that need Spec Points.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Time to shelve the lowbies for a bit and start using my level capped alts and get some Spec points. New KDF and Rom alts are usually "broken" by the Double XP events anyway, since you can easily hit lvl 20+ before you get the mission to go claim your first ship.

So unless you have some lower level CStore ships, it kinda sucks to do the low level content in the starter ship. Doable, but not fun. At least not to me.

It is worse for those with one or a few low level c-store ships actually, since they burn through them in only a few missions. On the other hand it is a real boon to high level characters to get specialization points and to altaholic tinkerers to quickly level characters to test builds from the ground up.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    69 ships to level not counting my new Cardie and Jem... yeah.
  • chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    Oh good thing I have new farming toons ready to go. Then I will probably move to my main and two alts. Maybe a 4th Fed character.
  • rattleshark#0665 rattleshark Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »

It is worse for those with one or a few low level c-store ships actually, since they burn through them in only a few missions. On the other hand it is a real boon to high level characters to get specialization points and to altaholic tinkerers to quickly level characters to test builds from the ground up.

I bought all the t5 and lower Temporal C-store ships a long time ago , the only one worth getting IMHO is the Tac ship for the M6 computer , that console is useful in most builds long after reaching level 65 and can fit any ship.
    If you made a mistake or just want to change the skill tree to spec into a differant build with an alt , now is a good time to reroll , place points on the tree without spending a respec token.
    If your main has high crafting skills (and should) passing high quality gear to a low alt makes thing go faster too , not to mention you can pass consoles to your lowbie that fit it's build rather than rely on shield regen that does nothing for you.