test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online "Age of Discovery" STLV content

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    and then the klingons ate georgiou - which is NOT cannibalism, despite what so many willfully ignorant people choose to believe​​

Dead horse topic at this point.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    uh...with WHO?! he didn't even SLEEP with anyone in beyond​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    and then the klingons ate georgiou - which is NOT cannibalism, despite what so many willfully ignorant people choose to believe​​

Dead horse topic at this point.

But did they eat the horse?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They shot it and left the head in the bed. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    so you're claiming what, exactly? see, if Klingons evolved with that head shape, then it should be present in Enterprise, since the 'human lookin' ones are explained by events in Deep Space Nine, and in Enterprise.
    TNG claims they evolved with THIS: head shape:
    latest?cb=20150223002355&path-prefix=en
    Surprisingly similar to Disco Klingons.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    T'Kuvma's ultimate goal was to unify the Empire through Kahless' teachings, bringing ideals of honor back to the Empire.
    I'm a little fuzzy on the teaching of Kah'less. Would that be "lie, cheat, and manipulate everyone so you have the power to do what you want"? Because, that is what T'Kumva did. So, if that is the teachings of Kah'less, then he did a great job. Otherwise, he was just another religious leader who's personal ideology was "doctrine applies to everyone, but me".
    His views of the Federation... I don't think he believed they were degenerates.
    When T'Kuvma addresses the High Council, he tells them he is disgusted that the Federation are a collection of species that intermingle. Everything about the Federation is abhorrent to T'Kuvma. It is an abomination and a threat to be destroyed.
    He may have intended for the Federation to be destroyed, but through that war he may have sought to cement the intended unity of the Empire. Also I doubt T'Kuvma would have approved the terrorist style attacks against Federation starbases because it was not an honorable act. It is more honorable to face your enemy in combat. Not blow them up with a kamikaze attack when they're at their most vulnerable. And I think T'Kuvma would have prefered to occupy Corvan II, so that the mine's dilithium could be used to support the Empire. Not blown to hell.
    Again, what are the teachings of Kah'less? "He who has power, makes the rules"? "Honorable is he who writes the histories"?

I am certain T'Kuvma would have been the first to engage in "terror raids". The Klingons of TRIBBLE are murderers who look for a an opportunity to murder.
    Kol was the one who allowed all these acts because he came across as the kind of leader who would use ANY tactic to win. He didn't care about honor really. He just wanted to unify the Empire under HIS house' banner.
    The only difference between T'Kuvma and Kol is: Kol lived past the pilot.
    Enh, like I said before: Klingon "honor" is mostly about bragging rights.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    so you're claiming what, exactly? see, if Klingons evolved with that head shape, then it should be present in Enterprise, since the 'human lookin' ones are explained by events in Deep Space Nine, and in Enterprise.
    TNG claims they evolved with THIS: head shape:
    latest?cb=20150223002355&path-prefix=en
    Surprisingly similar to Disco Klingons.
    wasn't that the same episode that had Barclay (a human) devolve into a spider? iirc, the science on that one made "Threshold" look intelligent...
    BWAHAHAHAH!!!!!

You wanted canon? Well, PRESTO! There it is!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    One of the most famous quotes of Kahless,

"A thousand throats may be cut in one night by a running man".

Klingons of Discovery act just like Klingons have always acted.

Kahless first appeared in a TOS episode, and he was a sneaky conniver there too. Klingon honor in practical reality = victory at any cost by any method, always has been that way. I think so-callled "true fans" get confused since Worf in TNG actually walked the walk, whereas almost no Klingons actually do.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User

Anyone else get a Sun Tzu feeling with the "victory is what matters" over glory and "honor" vibe?

It also reminds me of something Vlad Ward from the Battletech universe once said.

"We Clans talk much of honor. Nothing is more precious to a Clan warrior than his honor. How do I define honor? Success."
    vampeiyre wrote: »

Kahless first appeared in a TOS episode, and he was a sneaky conniver there too. Klingon honor in practical reality = victory at any cost by any method, always has been that way. I think so-callled "true fans" get confused since Worf in TNG actually walked the walk, whereas almost no Klingons actually do.
    And even Worf said, "In war, there is nothing more honorable than victory."
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • astral#0893 astral Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Star Trek Discovery is Moronic, it is CBS not taking Star Trek seriously & the fans who are only fans of the 'tv program', & sadly another case of the majority being idiots with now principles.
    I will never have anything to do with Discovery so I hope that this now being added to STO is a by-passable series in the flow of the game because otherwise that means I will never be able to play STO again, & I am a lifetime member.
    This also shows a lack of thought, as usual, among the game planners. Not all people are the same, we are individual & to force a view or opinion on someone who doesn't hold to that view, is fascist.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    fediii wrote: »
    Not all people are the same, we are individual & to force a view or opinion on someone who doesn't hold to that view, is fascist.

As a big fan of Discovery I agree with that part of your post, look forward to the new Discovery related content in STO and I’m confident that you are happy for me. That’s great and much appreciated. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    It fascinates me, how so many here (fed3 being merely the most recent example) claim that each player is individual, yet in the same post (and often the same breath!) assert that their own negative opinions are incontrovertible fact with which there is no discussion ("Star Trek Discovery is moronic, it is CBS not taking Star Trek seriously..." Not even so much as an "I think" or "IMO", just flat assertions).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind having a ship model of CBS's Enterprise from Discovery (Even if it's a skin put onto the Kelvin timeline ship). I don't see why we couldn't have one on Star Trek Online, Star Trek Adversaries does.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    edited August 2018
    It would probably fit better on the Temporal Connie unfortunately.

Unless they make a non promo T6 that doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the Promo one. Which I don't really see happening because everyone and their cat wants a T6 Connie. Although I could be wrong. BUT... can at least do a mockup with kitbashing if you happen to have the Temporal Connie. TOS Hull and Nacelles, Refit pylons, Exeter saucer and neck... somehow get a hold of a Discovery vanity shield...

(BEGONE EDIT MONSTER!)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    It fascinates me, how so many here (fed3 being merely the most recent example) claim that each player is individual, yet in the same post (and often the same breath!) assert that their own negative opinions are incontrovertible fact with which there is no discussion ("Star Trek Discovery is moronic, it is CBS not taking Star Trek seriously..." Not even so much as an "I think" or "IMO", just flat assertions).

I know, right?

Anyway, as far as I am concerned, I believe each Star Trek series brings a degree of good stuff to the whole saga in its own way. Given, now and then we may come across content that will make some people cringe, but I think that's inevitable with every piece of fictional work. Another proof that we're indeed all different and having diverging opinions.

I've only started watching Discovery recently, and i'm not ashamed to say that I like it so far.
    We also have to consider that a lot of shows don't have mindblowing 1st seasons.
    TNG actually struggled through 2 before getting its footing. Voyager, while not the best, did get better when they left the Kazon behind.

Discovery's now going into its 2nd season. The actors and crew now have a feel for things and each other, and if the trailer is anything to go by, we are going to have more lighthearted moments. Like anything else, a TV Show evolves over time.

Honestly the only way it could go down is if they turned it into Battlestar Galactica with a warp drive, kinda like what happened with SG:U.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    We also have to consider that a lot of shows don't have mindblowing 1st seasons.
    TNG actually struggled through 2 before getting its footing. Voyager, while not the best, did get better when they left the Kazon behind.

Discovery's now going into its 2nd season. The actors and crew now have a feel for things and each other, and if the trailer is anything to go by, we are going to have more lighthearted moments. Like anything else, a TV Show evolves over time.

Exactly.

I willingly admit that Voyager's first season caused me to fall asleep in my seat on more than one occasion.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    jonsills wrote: »

Pretty much yea, some of the posts in this thread are definitely this month’s low light. :/

Makes me almost ashamed of being a Star Trek fan lol.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    We're not talking about the canon Klingon weapons though. We're comparing them to STO's high tier Disruptor bolt weapons. You know... the ones with the added pointy bits to show they're higher tier?

I mean we all would love to be able to use the Mark I visuals on the Disruptor Pistol, but we can't.

of course you can't-it's a reasonably intelligent layout...remember, Klingons are all morons, only the top shelf ones can even speak.

Reminds me of that doff mission where you have to investigate rumors of Klingon intelligence..
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    questerius wrote: »
    We're not talking about the canon Klingon weapons though. We're comparing them to STO's high tier Disruptor bolt weapons. You know... the ones with the added pointy bits to show they're higher tier?

I mean we all would love to be able to use the Mark I visuals on the Disruptor Pistol, but we can't.
    of course you can't-it's a reasonably intelligent layout...remember, Klingons are all morons, only the top shelf ones can even speak.
    Reminds me of that doff mission where you have to investigate rumors of Klingon intelligence..
    that mission has a high chance of failure.

Seriously though, it's talking about House Pegh9and similar things), not intelligence as an aspect of Klingon abilities.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    reyan01 wrote: »

Indeed - this was my attempt at doing that:
    44ozaKU.jpg
    4ztJsxV.jpg

Sadly don't have the DSC Vanity Shield on that character though.

Oh wow... that looks amazing even without the Discovery shield.
    Wish I had a Temporal Connie...
  • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    It's funny, the way I've had my Temporal Connie cosmetically set up since the Refit skin was redone, when I saw the final episode of Discovery I thought, "Wow, it's my ship!" Mine looks much like Reyan01, but I used the Refit saucer, material 8b which gives blue glow to the dish, as well as the TOS beta hull, which has a bigger dish, looks good with the glow. I should really screenshot it. Derp.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
This discussion has been closed.