test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rep system tier 6 - gear requests for devs?

13»

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I want a Dual Quantum Torpedo Launcher that I can use on the Defiant.

It could, for example, make sense as a new Anti-Borg weapon and as a speciality torpedo launcher in the Borg Reputation, or as experimental weaon.

Isn't that already a console off the T6 Defiant?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    On the Terran rep, the mirror skins and prefix on all ships for tier 6 rep.
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
      rattler2 wrote: »
      I want a Dual Quantum Torpedo Launcher that I can use on the Defiant.

It could, for example, make sense as a new Anti-Borg weapon and as a speciality torpedo launcher in the Borg Reputation, or as experimental weaon.

Isn't that already a console off the T6 Defiant?

No. The Warhead module does something different.

The "crazy" thing about is:
      It's based on a feature described in the DS9 Technical Manual, that suggests the forward section can be deployed and is loaded with several photon torpedoes.

When Cryptic originally implemented it, it was a Photon Torpedo Warhead Module. But people said that the Defiant always used Quantum Torpedoes, and so they changed it to a Quantum Torpedo Warhead Module. However, either way, it doesn't really look like the Dual Quantum TOrpedo Launcher.

There is Dual Torpedo Experimental Weapon (or maybe two by now, not sure), but it's not using Quantum Torpedoes. :( (And it's also considered one of the worse options.)

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
      There is Dual Torpedo Experimental Weapon (or maybe two by now, not sure), but it's not using Quantum Torpedoes. :( (And it's also considered one of the worse options.)

Its also locked behind the Miradorn Raider.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      Another reward that I think might be nice option for a sixth tier atleast for the dyson rep, would e a module/consumable that calls in one of the cyber-augmented raptors to battle with you. Though it would e interesting if there were three an each dino had a different usage for the different careers. Like the raptor/mini-rex might be the tactical module, a triceratops might be interesting as a engineering variant, not sure on the science other than maybe a airborne one could be interesting.
      asuran14 wrote: »
      Another reward that I think might be nice option for a sixth tier atleast for the dyson rep, would e a module/consumable...

Module yes. Consumable no.

We already have consumables in Nukara rep. No one uses them. No one WANTS to use them. Why?
      The required inputs include DOffs.
      It would be frickin' AWESOME to have a Reprogrammed Tholian Drone as a Kit Module, but no one uses them because they are consumable devices that require more resources than anyone is willing to donate for a throwaway item. In all honesty... Rep Consumables are just a waste of time because no one wants to grind them out again after they're used up.
    • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      rattler2 wrote: »
      asuran14 wrote: »
      Another reward that I think might be nice option for a sixth tier atleast for the dyson rep, would e a module/consumable...

Module yes. Consumable no.

We already have consumables in Nukara rep. No one uses them. No one WANTS to use them. Why?
      The required inputs include DOffs.
      It would be frickin' AWESOME to have a Reprogrammed Tholian Drone as a Kit Module, but no one uses them because they are consumable devices that require more resources than anyone is willing to donate for a throwaway item. In all honesty... Rep Consumables are just a waste of time because no one wants to grind them out again after they're used up.

Depends on how many uses you get out of a comsumable. Most fo them it is a single use an that would be terrible, yet if you got something like 5-15 uses out of a consumable than I would have no issue paying out required resources. If they got rid of the doff requirement for something else might be more appealing. Though module would be the best option.
    • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
      What if we get Ground Combat pets?
      Like the Attack Hortas currently ingame.
      A themed attack pet for each Reputation.

Also wondering if that Thalaron Drone I keep using enemy Romulan NPCs use will finally be released as an engineering and/or universal module.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
      Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
    • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      tilarta wrote: »
      What if we get Ground Combat pets?
      Like the Attack Hortas currently ingame.
      A themed attack pet for each Reputation.

Also wondering if that Thalaron Drone I keep using enemy Romulan NPCs use will finally be released as an engineering and/or universal module.
      Fun fact: Romulan rep has a consumable for summoning Romulan security teams. I think it has 20 uses.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    This discussion has been closed.