What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[RISA] 2018 Risa Lohlunat Festival - Discussion

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    alexhayden wrote: »
    This year however the system isn't even giving me the luxury of finding different items. So instead of playing "Artifact Hunt" this Summer, I'm playing "Where's that ******* Ferengi hidden the ******* Vorgon deck plans now?" ;)

That is pretty funny.

I think that is the way the program works... YOU! You finished the accolade??? NO revolving artifacts for you!

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Slowly swimming in favours now. Now to decide which baseball outfits I want for which toons! XD
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Slowly swimming in favours now. Now to decide which baseball outfits I want for which toons! XD

I was considering buying a baseball uniform, but they are all Federation. There is always next year.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »

I was considering buying a baseball uniform, but they are all Federation. There is always next year.
    One of them is ferengi.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    warpangel wrote: »

One of them is ferengi.

Well, I did buy my Lethean the Caitian Claws one....but I got him an orange cat, too. He is a cat fan.

• Options
    HOW some of these kids are zipping around Risa on these impulsive speed floaters. It is freaking crazy how quick they can change directions and spin around. I do not know how they accomplish this. LOL!!

• Options
    After today Saturday....2 down....6 characters to go. Working towards completing "in a Geological Sense..."
    Have to be obsessive about it, though. LOL!

• Options
    edited August 2018
    And a funny picture: There is a new marker for the artifact location!!! Along with what looks like a torch (for the ramp). That is my Rom who just located the Artifact.

This is a still screen shot....but if you find it in the game during the Biathlon, you will see all of it "bobbing in the water". Parts and pieces got misplaced. I am not even sure where that torch is supposed to go, there is no ramp there.

https://i.imgur.com/Pz9Uy0G.jpg

• Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    And a funny picture: There is a new marker for the artifact location!!! Along with what looks like a torch (for the ramp). That is my Rom who just located the Artifact.

This is a still screen shot....but if you find it in the game during the Biathlon, you will see all of it "bobbing in the water". Parts and pieces got misplaced. I am not even sure where that torch is supposed to go, there is no ramp there.

https://i.imgur.com/Pz9Uy0G.jpg

Sorry, that's the fault of my transporter officer. He must have forgotten to align the spatial displacement field while beaming some of my crew down for shore leave. I've reprimanded him for making the same mistake several times already, but he just doesn't listen. It's gotten so bad that I had to forbid him from beaming people directly onto the bridge.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Yeesh! It's time to re-assign that transport officer, maybe. O_o

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yeah, I've found artifacts in that spot lots of times, but never during a race lol. That's quite a mess, I agree.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    LOL! We are lucky the transporter didn't bisect the artifacts...not sure Sovak would buy it back! I would be royally ticked off....I would have to unleash the battle axe on that Officer.

• Options
    spidey51363spidey51363 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I have a question, the honor vouchers. There is no way I can get enough since the game ends in a week. I read somewhere one of the Ferregeni will sell Honor Vouchers for Lodi gems. I can't find him on Drozana Station or anywhere else. Is this true that one of the Ferrengi will sell Honor Vouchers, and if so, where is this person????
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I have a question, the honor vouchers. There is no way I can get enough since the game ends in a week. I read somewhere one of the Ferregeni will sell Honor Vouchers for Lodi gems. I can't find him on Drozana Station or anywhere else. Is this true that one of the Ferrengi will sell Honor Vouchers, and if so, where is this person????

You can buy the ship vouchers in the Event store, it should be at the top of the page. it's a random number of vouchers you get, so I can't say how many boxes you'll need.

Just go to your rep tab>Events>Store.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Risa request: next year, please make more fashion colors for that Impulsive speed floaters....my ladies need floaters that match their beach wear.

The Blue/Green actually looks OD Green and Purple/Orange looks like Rust.

P.S. My Ferengi would love hers in the color of Gold Plated Latinum.

• Options
    Never gonna collect piles of birds/monkeys in my inventory ever, again. NEVER.
    OMG. I thought it would be easier to deal with it all at once. NO, it is not. I still have 3-4 characters to do this on. LOL!

"In a Geological Sense...." Having a good time, though have to be very persistent.
    I have 9 characters done...2 characters left to finish, they have 1-2 items left to find.

Getting better with the impulsive speed floaters and the Horga'hn Hunt. But worse at the biathlon at the transition from water to air...I keep flying by the first Gate in the air.

Last weekend on Risa, time to collect the Lohlunat tokens.

• Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Risa just isnt fun, everything is so hi, rewards so low. I passed on it the last 2 years.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    tarran61 wrote: »
    Risa just isnt fun, everything is so hi, rewards so low. I passed on it the last 2 years.

It pays to be repetitive on Risa. Run the events on as many characters as possible, while event is up.

• Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    tarran61 wrote: »

It pays to be repetitive on Risa. Run the events on as many characters as possible, while event is up.
    I'd say the exact opposite. Just do the ship token run on one toon and ignore the lolnut grind. Waste of time getting junk, almost all of it only works on the event map anyway.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    I'd say the exact opposite. Just do the ship token run on one toon and ignore the lolnut grind. Waste of time getting junk, almost all of it only works on the event map anyway.

I think that is what he is already doing.

I was just passing along the info: if you need more Lohlunat favors to buy the items at Risa...he needs to break out the Alts. Risa is more Alt "friendly" than WW.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    You kidding? WW is way more alt-friendly than Risa. Everything in WW is so cheap that you don't ever need to DO anything altwise to afford everything you'd need. That's why it sucks: There's no grinding, so there's no PROFIT.

The activities on Risa is more unique and can be done on multiple Alts in the span of the 15 min run of the event.

WW is DOFFing on multiple Alts...which is clicking and a every day thing. Activities on WW, one character at a time.

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    You kidding? WW is way more alt-friendly than Risa. Everything in WW is so cheap that you don't ever need to DO anything altwise to afford everything you'd need. That's why it sucks: There's no grinding, so there's no PROFIT.

The activities on Risa is more unique and can be done on multiple Alts in the span of the 15 min run of the event.

WW is DOFFing on multiple Alts...which is clicking and a every day thing. Activities on WW, one character at a time.

ummm to me... summer event is a grind or of like work to afford the store items. winter event is for casuals who can just do doffing and be able to buy the store items. and since the drops are not bound... winter is way more alt friendly. summer you can use alts sure... but you still need to grind each event out... game should be fun and entertaining, not be work. would be nice if summer items had an either account unlocks or where you get discounts on alts.
  • Options
    desslock#3614 desslock Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Hello:

Does anyone have the time - EDT or PDT - when the Trill and Klingon Argument spawns at Risa summer event?
  • Options
    I am copying this here:
    All of my characters have finished the Master Relaxer accolade. Not sure I want to spend any more time on this.

Here is what I found:

FIREWORKS= starts on the hour, in the harbor. Characters can be on the dock, the dance floor, on a floater...but have to be in the harbor area.

Pacific, Central Time Zones (USA) = Odd # Hours from minutes :01 until minutes 23.
    GMT or Mountain, Eastern Time Zones (USA) = Even # Hours from minutes :01 until minutes 23.

MOK'BARA = starts 30 mins after the hour, on the arch closest to the Promenade.

Pacific, Central Time Zones (USA) = Odd # Hours from minutes 30 to minutes 50
    GMT, Mountain, Eastern Time Zones (USA) = Even # Hours from minutes 30 to minutes 50

KLINGON/TRILL ARGUING = starts at 43 mins after the hour, on the docks by the Floater Vendor, and Flying High NPC.

Pacific, Central Time Zones (USA) = Odd # Hours starts at minutes 43 and skit ends at minutes 46.
    GMT, Mountain, Eastern Time Zones (USA) = Even # Hours at minutes 43 and skit ends at minutes 46.

To be safe: make sure you catch the first run of skit at 43 mins after the hour....because I can not verify if it repeats more than once.

If you need more help check this thread....
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1242090/risa-2018-accolades-mokbara-fireworks-argument

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Just change instances a few times and you will probably find them.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    tigeraries wrote: »
    ummm to me... summer event is a grind or of like work to afford the store items. winter event is for casuals who can just do doffing and be able to buy the store items. and since the drops are not bound... winter is way more alt friendly. summer you can use alts sure... but you still need to grind each event out... game should be fun and entertaining, not be work. would be nice if summer items had an either account unlocks or where you get discounts on alts.

To each their own. I prefer playing activities repeatedly with alts on Risa than DOFFing my way through alts for the Winter event. LOL!

Additionally, I don't need anyone else there with me. Where as attempting Snowconian/Overlord, Ice Borg Queen, Kramp'Ihri, or Gummy Kos'karii with less people there...you may never get to the end.

• Options
    BTW... on the time line I did... Time conversions may be off. Did not get any feed back on that, from what I can remember. Good Luck.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I'm not quite sure of what the hub-bub is about Doffing in Winter. You get at most four Assignments, with KDF getting less the better portion of the time. You don't get nearly any worthwhile numbers of ornaments for those. However, they are especially 'rich' in Dilitium payouts at 125 per. There are very few normal Doff Assignments that pay out more Dilitium.

You will need to partake in the festivities in Winter if you want to get yourself an acceptable cache of Ornaments. The other thing about Winter is the cheaper prices for the Barterable goods. Doff Training Manuals are the same price for all Tiers and they are one level higher than Summer (Lt., Lt. Commander, and Commander), whereas Summer is Ensign, Lt., and Lt. Commander.

What you should be complaining about is that Summer has no Doff Assignments.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.