test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login Server has just gone down

Comments

• jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    Same here... I can even log in sometimes and get past the character screen. But the ship isn't moving and the UI won't respond correctly. A few seconds later I get the disconnection message.
    It worked great yesterday and today until around 3pm.

Took me 3 minutes for character to load up then another 5 to get past the loading screen, got SNR then disconnect before chat even loaded up.
  • kerwathkerwath Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I guess it would be too much for the Devs to acknowlege there is an issue and say they are working on it.
  • lupovis#6816 lupovis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @kerwath said:
    > I guess it would be too much for the Devs to acknowlege there is an issue and say they are working on it.

Yeah, they could at least tell us that. But okay, guess I enjoy the weather instead. B)
  • davedotiodavedotio Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Looks like the issue is for people hitting Cryptic via Telia/Internap rather than Cogent. https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/96hgov/unable_to_log_in_from_eu_also_hearing_reports/
  • bugeyed1984bugeyed1984 Member Posts: 1 New User
    this is so pathetic from such a big game company cba to tell anyone wtf is going on and still expect people to pay for this sort of service how can they justify the cost of the items they are selling when they cant even keep there servers running and cant even manage to make an update that is meant to fix problems without causing 10x more problems than what they started with whats the point in having test servers if you just use the public to WORK as FREE game testers that other game companies pay for to get updates right first time. you know they are just sat in there offices laughing there heads off when there are still glitches in the game that were there when the game first came out and they still cba to fix them
    kerwath wrote: »
    I guess it would be too much for the Devs to acknowlege there is an issue and say they are working on it.

They couldn't even confirm the broken leveling when VIL was released, all the story arcs were broke for romulan toons for about a month til someone said it was an issue and was being looked into.
  • atompinguinatompinguin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Changing the Proxy Options in the Launcher worked for me.

Launcher -> Options (upper right) -> Set "Gameplay proxy" to "EU" -> save
    edited August 2018
    Changing the Proxy Options in the Launcher worked for me.

Launcher -> Options (upper right) -> Set "Gameplay proxy" to "EU" -> save

Tried them all with no luck.

Switched over to World of Warcraft for a while, 15ms home and world.

Edit
    Decided to try again

"Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out"
    > @atompinguin said:
    > Changing the Proxy Options in the Launcher worked for me.
    >
    > Launcher -> Options (upper right) -> Set "Gameplay proxy" to "EU" -> save

I connected from the EU without proxy, so EU proxy didn't work for me. But it seems that switching to US proxy works so far. Thanks for your advice, didn't think about it before.
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    > @atompinguin said:
    > Changing the Proxy Options in the Launcher worked for me.
    >
    > Launcher -> Options (upper right) -> Set "Gameplay proxy" to "EU" -> save

I connected from the EU without proxy, so EU proxy didn't work for me. But it seems that switching to US proxy works so far. Thanks for your advice, didn't think about it before.

For EU players: If you change Gameplay proxy" to "EU" to US it seems to be oké, just play a pve an it's oke
  • gertvdvaartgertvdvaart Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I`m online now, but cant select anything, Cryptic has some big issues i think....
  • gertvdvaartgertvdvaart Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I`m online now, but cant select anything, Cryptic has some big issues i think....
    got this solution from an armada member, it worked for me....

Changing the Proxy Options in the Launcher worked for me. Launcher -> Options (upper right) -> Set "Gameplay proxy" to "US" -> save :ok_hand:
    for EU players
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Yeah, changing proxy to US seems to work for me right now.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    Well, its all gone TRIBBLE up again.
  • nolgroth1972nolgroth1972 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Yup. I always wondered what a yo-yo feels like. Now I know.

Then I got to see my beautiful desktop background.
  • betanembetanem Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    Its dead jim.
  • terrapaq#3835 terrapaq Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Sigh, damn tribbles got into the servers again!
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    latest?cb=20111026163206
    We all need to pray to the Machine Spirit, get the Tech Priests of Mars
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      edited August 2018
      Yup, our crews seem to have way too much fun on our bouncy ships.
    • walegrinwalegrin Member Posts: 13 Arc User
      Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate is inop on the West Coast.
      > @walegrin said:
      > Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate is inop on the West Coast.

Germany/EU too.
    • razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
      Can't access game either "UK"
      "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      It's gone kaput, I'm in the UK
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • mjcholdenmjcholden Member Posts: 10 Arc User
        same for me too in uk
      • ronterprise#4195 ronterprise Member Posts: 28 Arc User
        yep UK also, can't get connected to patch server nevermind launcher
        edited August 2018
        Man... I got the game for three days now and two of them were (at least partially) lost due to server problems... Not a good first impression, even for F2P.

EDIT: And not a single word from the devs or any other official source, despite it being a wide spread problem.
      • ronterprise#4195 ronterprise Member Posts: 28 Arc User
        it's up and running for me now, patch installing
        > @ronaldtjeremy said:
        > it's up and running for me now, patch installing

Yeah, could log in and play a few minutes without problems so far.
      • walegrinwalegrin Member Posts: 13 Arc User
        Good to go now. Back in the game.