test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login Server has just gone down

Comments

• generalstriker01generalstriker01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Server down? Maybe the Devs are chewing on cables again.
  • toddariustoddarius Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    So, spent about 2 hours downloading the 17GB played for like 1 hour, got kicked and now cant get back in, just curious if the ARC folks ever post letting us know that they are aware and working on things ? or just leave us all here in the dark ?
  • mmeieriiimmeieriii Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'm not sure how hamstrs came to be associated with STO servers, but it is funny as hell
    dukhaine wrote: »
    I'm not sure how hamstrs came to be associated with STO servers, but it is funny as hell

Old gaming server joke from way back. Server go down unexpectantly and it is always 'cause a dead hamster that was ran to death on his wheel to power the server.

Old TNG reference as well: http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org//inconsistencies/in-jokes.htm#displays

• ryanjuly1974ryanjuly1974 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    ok what the F is happening over at Cryptic? i can't make things go boom now
  • dukhainedukhaine Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I believe it is hardware not outside influence, ISP, power or anything like that. With all the games going down, they could have just bombed the Controller that runs the VM farm the login servers run on. That would suck. No loss of data, but if the hardware issue is bad enough could take them a while to resolve.
    Or the night network guy is sleeping and he hasnt noticed the outage due to dreams of hot chicks he will never get...
  • ou812bkewl#4949 ou812bkewl Member Posts: 1 New User
    make it go...
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    <Insert standard cryptic improvement joke here>
    Setting the bar low, so when they do find the power button and turn the thing back on they will be worshiped like GODS!
    They need to rename the next hamster to Worf. Then he would be too stubborn and have too much honor to up and die on us.
  • powergaming#3478 powergaming Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    SERVER STATUS IS RED!!!!! IT IS A ATACK!!!!! RED ALERT!!!! RED ALERT!!!! ALL HANDS TO BATTLE STATIONS!!!! (just trying to make joke to help)
    Well on a brighter note, I can confirm Champions is back up. May just be a matter of time as not long ago all login servers were down.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    No news on how long things will be :( Nothing posted on Facebook, Twitter or here. Fingers crossed it won't be too long
  • junokhaynejunokhayne Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Okay, here's an older theory of mine on what might've happened to the servers ...

In a fit of desperate boredom, the galaxy's most ambitious tribble, Tyrone the Terrible, chose to make it his life's work to end the tyranny of all tribbles everywhere at the hands of the bloodthirsty klingons by gathering all of his tribble kindred onto a starship and find a new and unexplored world among the stars. Getting wind of Tyrone the Terrible's audacious plan, the Klingon High Command dispatched one of their fastest vessels to chase down the ambitious tribble and thwart his plan. It was a climactic battle between tribble and klingon!! In a brilliant but desperate maneuver, Tyrone the Terrible did an uncalculated slingshot maneuver around the nearby sun that sent his ship hurdling into the past where he miraculously arrives in orbit around Earth on the 10th of August, 2018. However, all is not as serene as it seems. The starship was heavily damaged in the assault, and Tyrone the Terrible is forced to make a desperate move. He abandons ship just seconds before the warp core explodes. The resulting shockwave hits Tyrone the Terrible's escape pod and he plummets into the very building that houses the servers for Star Trek Online, thus causing the mayhem we endure now.

mind you, it's just a theory.

:p
  • stibble#5081 stibble Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The tribbles man :(
    junokhayne wrote: »
    Okay, here's an older theory of mine on what might've happened to the servers ...

In a fit of desperate boredom, the galaxy's most ambitious tribble, Tyrone the Terrible, chose to make it his life's work to end the tyranny of all tribbles everywhere at the hands of the bloodthirsty klingons by gathering all of his tribble kindred onto a starship and find a new and unexplored world among the stars. Getting wind of Tyrone the Terrible's audacious plan, the Klingon High Command dispatched one of their fastest vessels to chase down the ambitious tribble and thwart his plan. It was a climactic battle between tribble and klingon!! In a brilliant but desperate maneuver, Tyrone the Terrible did an uncalculated slingshot maneuver around the nearby sun that sent his ship hurdling into the past where he miraculously arrives in orbit around Earth on the 10th of August, 2018. However, all is not as serene as it seems. The starship was heavily damaged in the assault, and Tyrone the Terrible is forced to make a desperate move. He abandons ship just seconds before the warp core explodes. The resulting shockwave hits Tyrone the Terrible's escape pod and he plummets into the very building that houses the servers for Star Trek Online, thus causing the mayhem we endure now.

mind you, it's just a theory.

:p

You mean we can't blame this week's cashgrab sale on ships and costumes?
    gC3lOE0.jpg

Everything in a nutshell...
    dukhaine wrote: »
    gC3lOE0.jpg

Everything in a nutshell...

*notes Maintenance might have left the previous hamster, Snowball XIII, in a nearby ventilation duct instead of using the only onboard toilet, thusly leading the server room to overheat and end the life of Snowball XIV*
    Oh, green light folks.
    Let's all have a sing a long .... 99 tribbles of fur on a wall 99 tribbles of fur along came a cannibal tribble 98 tribbles of fur on the wall
    And were back
  • dstromgardedstromgarde Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Anyone hear form a Dev/Admin on how long it will take to get servers back up? Even if it's just a "To be Determined" then at least we'd know they are trying to figure it out. It's been an hour.

Awesome game.

Thanks for your time and info,

-D. Stromgarde
  • dstromgardedstromgarde Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Anyone hear form a Dev/Admin on how long it will take to get servers back up? Even if it's just a "To be Determined" then at least we'd know they are trying to figure it out. It's been an hour.

Awesome game.

Thanks for your time and info,

-D. Stromgarde

nvm they up now. thanks(:
    edited August 2018
    Close thread request. As everything is back up in Trekland can this thread be closed. Thanks
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    Umm, trouble is back. I can log in so far, but can't get over char select...
    Huge lag spikes even prior to getting kicked.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • emperormakemperormak Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    I tried to log in last night and the server went down between the time I opened the game and the time I chose my character. Exact same thing happened today. Server was online when I was on the Launcher and down by time I got to the character select screen. I think I'm a jinx.

I know it's my fault for not getting it done sooner, but I'm not going to get the Risa ship this year and I'm going to fall 36 hours short because of this. I had it planned out and I had just enough time. Not anymore. :'(
  • arbrielfamilyarbrielfamily Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I can't get past the character selection screen to then play STO right now. So I wait for Cryptic to fix the issue or at least make some sort of announcement.
  • ghost2448ghost2448 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    I have the same issue, it seemed to have started a few hours ago, playing Nukara and my character was boomeranging all over the place on a side note is the Tholian Crystalline sword supposed to be able to heal Tholians when attacking as I was wondering if that was part of the same glitch?
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    Cannot get on no matter what, tried without and with EU/US Proxy Server provided by launcher and nothing.

Failed to talk to Cryptic servers for initial connection. Please try again.
    Connection was Idle for too long

These two message I got, game has been bad since Thursday, wth did you do?
  • lupovis#6816 lupovis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Same here... I can even log in sometimes and get past the character screen. But the ship isn't moving and the UI won't respond correctly. A few seconds later I get the disconnection message.
    It worked great yesterday and today until around 3pm.

3pm CEST, sorry.