test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login Server has just gone down

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
Login server has just gone down guys :( server status is red

Comments

• generaldisaster#4313 generaldisaster Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    yeah, it is. was just about to post about that. was in middle of battle in undine BZ and got a server timeout. tried rebooting game, and launcher says servers down. Hope this isn't due to yet another DDOS attack on neverwinter servers.
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • cannydogcannydog Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    I kicked both a friend and I in mid mission. Sure would be nice to be able to play. But I guess you need to limit people playing during downtime...
  • rattleshark#0665 rattleshark Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I was in Borg RA when it went down , same issue , timed out and red server status when i tried to log back in.
    server fell over and went BOOM!
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • nolgroth1972nolgroth1972 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Lovely shade of red that Server Status indicator is. Reminds me of my Antiproton Cannons, which I will NOT get to shoot now. :wink:
    Server hamster probably got fried.... again...
  • darkphyre#3277 darkphyre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Looks like all the Cryptic Servers are down..

*sings* Someone's gettin' fiiiiiired :tongue:
  • timotheus53213timotheus53213 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I was in the middle of rearranging things between my bank and inventory. Sure hope I don't lose anything in the chaos...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"It's never a good idea, insulting a man whose favorite weapon is the ripped-off arm of his enemy and whose ship is designed for time travel. It's an especially bad idea, when you'd thought that his now-armless enemy was the one to be respected..."
  • albaeokalbaeok Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Looks like all of their games are down WOW! =[ I remember another game we went to was like this but they ended up beating these DDOS guys. If I remember correctly they actually had people arrested and sued them in court, I wasn't around long enough for the outcome. But it took like a month for them to come up with a way to stop them from doing this. The servers where down more then they where up during that time.
  • shardelshardel Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    No, no. You got it all wrong. That red light is just the Borg trying to assimilate the servers. We must fight the Borg off! And then unassimilate the servers, and remove the evil red light it placed upon it.
  • mmeieriiimmeieriii Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Good thing I was just playing Dabo. Wondered why it wouldn't let me bet, but watching my toon flailing its arms around as NPCs do at the Dabo table was hilarious, if only briefly.
    If the other ARC/Cryptic games are down too, maybe it isn't as simple as a server outage, or a DDOS attack. Perhaps a some hapless utility worker somewhere in the city the where the servers are housed, accidently hit and broke the data lines.
  • gonzo3667gonzo3667 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    We are dyslexia of Grob. Futility is resistant. Your A$$ will be laminated. Your servers will be adapted to service us. All your logins are belong to us.
  • darkphyre#3277 darkphyre Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    gonzo3667 wrote: »
    We are dyslexia of Grob. Futility is resistant. Your A$$ will be laminated. Your servers will be adapted to service us. All your logins are belong to us.

HaHa :lol:

Funniest thing I've read in days.
    at least it doesn't appear to be due to an attack this time. Or at least no one is stupid enough to be openly bragging it this time
    how many admins does it take to push a reset button........
  • gonzo3667gonzo3667 Member Posts: 2 Arc User

Wait, I know this one... Just one, but the button has really got to WANT to be pushed?

I think they're still dealing with the fried hamster cleanup.

yes..... let us all have a moment of silence for Snowball XV, the latest server hamster
    " That hamster is overcooked... Someone go to the pet store across the street and get a new one."

Crizpy Critterz R Uz
  • dukhainedukhaine Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Where;s Scotty when you need em? Anyone that finds a keyboard quaint would have this fixed in no time.
    yes..... let us all have a moment of silence for Snowball XV, the latest server hamster

Now the question begs, will it make the rubber duck cry as they carry Snowball XV to the only toilet onboard for their final send off?
    Let, Us, the STO community welcome Snowball XVI, for however long it lasts........

I'm not sure how hamstrs came to be associated with STO servers, but it is funny as hell
    mmeieriii wrote: »

Now the question begs, will it make the rubber duck cry as they carry Snowball XV to the only toilet onboard for their final send off?

lol
  • dukhainedukhaine Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm not sure how hamstrs came to be associated with STO servers, but it is funny as hell

Old gaming server joke from way back. Server go down unexpectantly and it is always 'cause a dead hamster that was ran to death on his wheel to power the server.
    Anyone got the hot sauce for fried rodents? Apparently they forgot to replace the backup gerbil as well.
  • powergaming#3478 powergaming Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    ok can we get a gm in here to expain y servers are down WITH NO WARNING that sounds like something is wrong....

Oh wait, you're right... The Tribble fried. They over-produced in the generator, and burst into flames, clogging it up with their burnt husks.
  • psychs35psychs35 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Cryptic forgot to pay their electric bill..lol..