test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Headbutting glitch

alpharius1alpharius1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I have a character that is no longer playable and support said they cannot fix it, so I should report it to this forum. When my character enters combat, he begins head butting imaginary enemies and will not stop. Combat mode will not end because he continues to head butting. Unfortunately, it's the only Delta recruit character I made and now I have to delete him.

Comments

• tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    What species is that toon?
  • alpharius1alpharius1 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Gorn
  • skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    U sure your controller isn't messed up?
    it doesn't happen with any of my other characters.
    That's odd. I'd say go into the ability thing and try messing with it in there see of it helps
    You mean like a trait?
    No the R1 thing with ur abilitys
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    It sounds more like you may have the "Bite" trait/ability that Gorns have access to on auto fire. Go into the trait list and see if it's listed there. If it is, remove it and see if that helps. If it does, try reloading that trait and see if it starts acting the same way. If it does, I'd just say leave the Bite trait out and hope for a fix.

Not sure exactly how/where to find that stuff on PS4 since I am PC only, but the Bite attack can be used out of combat and obviously puts you IN combat since it is an attack. I hope this helps.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    oh that does sound like it might work! Thanks for the suggestion! I'm at work all day so haven't had a chance to try any of these yet, but I'm so glad I waited to delete that character. I'll let you know if it worked!
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    > @iamynaught said:
    > It sounds more like you may have the "Bite" trait/ability that Gorns have access to on auto fire. Go into the trait list and see if it's listed there. If it is, remove it and see if that helps. If it does, try reloading that trait and see if it starts acting the same way. If it does, I'd just say leave the Bite trait out and hope for a fix.
    >
    > Not sure exactly how/where to find that stuff on PS4 since I am PC only, but the Bite attack can be used out of combat and obviously puts you IN combat since it is an attack. I hope this helps.

Yes, that is exactly where I was going with my question above. Just unequip "Bite" trait and that should fix it.