test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Full Embrace

profwho86profwho86 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
I've been playing STO since the beginning and recall when it was stated that the Kelvin Timeline was not going to be a part of STO. Here we are, almost 10 years later and we're now getting TRIBBLE Content (insert laughter here) and I'm excited. To be honest, I was one of the players who wanted the Kelvin Uniforms and ships. Still... I have some requests and I wanted to know how many of you have similar requests concerning uniforms.

Seeing that we are now fully embracing everything Trek (which, honestly, I am fine with) I'd love to see uniform options such as Captain Picard's Command Vest featured in First Contact, the uniforms featured in ST: Beyond (personal favorites of mine), Khan's red jumpsuit, and the new color scheme for the Discovery Uniforms featured in the trailer of TRIBBLE Season 2 (worn by the Enterprise Crew). (Note: I'm talking about making the shirt a solid color with the black collar)

Now, I know y'all have to get permission from CBS for this stuff, but since you're now working alongside them, maybe request those permissions? A not to fellow Captains, who else would like to see these Uniform options and what else from Trek Titles is the game missing that you'd like to see?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    They've been working with CBS since the beginning. As for using anything from the Kelvin timeline, that requires permission paramount.
  • profwho86profwho86 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    mez83 wrote: »
    They've been working with CBS since the beginning. As for using anything from the Kelvin timeline, that requires permission paramount.

I recall them saying they had CBS permissions, but everything has to be okayed through them before release. CBS has always looked at STO as a sort of side-project. But now that they're "More involved," maybe they can get those permissions. Also, I think you're right about Paramount. I forgot about them. Would be nice though. I mean, we already have the 09 Uniforms.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    As of right now we can only have things up through Into Darkness from the Kelvin Timeline. Don't know if that means we still need permission to include things like the USS Kelvin herself though.

As for other things... They'd probably have to make a seperate uniform for the TOS style Discovery uniforms because they show rank on the sleeves rather than the badge. Unless they hybridize it or something giving us both options.

Picard's jacket from TNG is actually 95% doable now. You just need the DS9/First Contact style uniform and the Open Jackets uniforms, then color appropriately.
    Uniform_TNG_variant_jacket.png?version=4faf4833b50553e209144a15e91991ac
    latest?cb=20160214153311&path-prefix=en

While the STO wiki needs some updating on the uniform pictures, its still the best we got for getting as close to screen accurate colors as we got.

Also wouldn't mind seeing that bomber jacket from the TMP era make an appearance.
    77372fc98e5b133f07dbad68e2a80b39--star-trek-uniforms-the-motion.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    I want the pizza uniforms we see in beyond (first ever federation starfleet uniforms) as well as the rest of the 22nd century ships we see in enterpeise
    If we get permission from Paramount to have stuff from Beyond...

I can has survival jacket?
    cat-1537.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    I just want the Nu Enterprise Refit and Survival

Side note

Dear god how many Enterprises are there are now like 7 versions of the first Federation Star ship Enterprise

The cage, No man, TOS, Refit, Kelvin, Kelvin refit, Disco

They almost out number the A-E at this point

imagine Scotty trying to get the Holodeck to show his bridge now

GwaoHAD.png
    rattler2 wrote: »
    As of right now we can only have things up through Into Darkness from the Kelvin Timeline. Don't know if that means we still need permission to include things like the USS Kelvin herself though.

As for other things... They'd probably have to make a seperate uniform for the TOS style Discovery uniforms because they show rank on the sleeves rather than the badge. Unless they hybridize it or something giving us both options.

Picard's jacket from TNG is actually 95% doable now. You just need the DS9/First Contact style uniform and the Open Jackets uniforms, then color appropriately.
    Uniform_TNG_variant_jacket.png?version=4faf4833b50553e209144a15e91991ac
    latest?cb=20160214153311&path-prefix=en

While the STO wiki needs some updating on the uniform pictures, its still the best we got for getting as close to screen accurate colors as we got.

Also wouldn't mind seeing that bomber jacket from the TMP era make an appearance.
    77372fc98e5b133f07dbad68e2a80b39--star-trek-uniforms-the-motion.jpg

Yeah, love the jacket. I was actually talking about the vest, though.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Ah. Yea. Would like that. And the rifle.
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Actually... Cage and No Man I believe are the same model. There were some instances of the Cage model being used in TOS because of stock footage.
    So honestly you can combine Cage and No Man into one, or just retcon the Cage entirely.
    Honestly I'd retcon the Cage and replace with Disco. But that's just me.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Seeing as STO is essentially a Star Trek flavoured them park i'm happy for any Trek related content to be added. There's gonna be someone out there who dislikes some things but such is life, doesn't make them any less valid to be in the game.

Something i'd like to see more of in game is civilian ships we can play, maybe not freighters but the various merc and rogue combat ships we encounter in various shows and films.

Oh and could we please get Spock's rocket boots from ST:V as an alternative to Risa floaters? That'd be grand!
    SulMatuul.png
    I liked TRIBBLE's rendition of the Enterprise.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    If we get permission from Paramount to have stuff from Beyond...

I can has survival jacket?
    cat-1537.jpg

+ the belt and the shoes
    YES!
    latest?cb=20150409144747
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Ah. Yea. Would like that. And the rifle.
    neoakiraii wrote: »

Actually... Cage and No Man I believe are the same model. There were some instances of the Cage model being used in TOS because of stock footage.
    So honestly you can combine Cage and No Man into one, or just retcon the Cage entirely.
    Honestly I'd retcon the Cage and replace with Disco. But that's just me.

Aren't the Cage and DSC versions suppose to be the same thing the DSC one just not limited by being made in the 1960s with very low budget (relatively speaking that is).
    I think it is supposed to retcon the Cage variant.
    I think it is supposed to retcon the Cage variant.
    That's what I meant, essentially when you see the Cage variant you're accept it looks like DSC one but at the time the TOS pilot as produced they didn't have technology or the budget to make it look like that.
    Well, they took a lot from the various versions. The markings on the saucer are reminiscent of The Cage, but the nacelles are more akin to the NX, the pylons are more like the A (or Refit), the Engineering Hull and saucer are mostly akin to TOS and The Cage, and even the aft of the Engineering Hull is more akin to the E. It really is the best of all variations.
    profwho86 wrote: »
    Well, they took a lot from the various versions. The markings on the saucer are reminiscent of The Cage, but the nacelles are more akin to the NX, the pylons are more like the A (or Refit), the Engineering Hull and saucer are mostly akin to TOS and The Cage, and even the aft of the Engineering Hull is more akin to the E. It really is the best of all variations.

visually yes, what I meant was storywise there's no different "DSC" and "Cage" variants but rather they're the same ship, unlike with the series where it's at least generally accept in official sources that there was a minor in universe refit, not to the extent of the one in the 2270s but more like the various refits Ent-E had during its service life.
    spiritborn wrote: »
    profwho86 wrote: »

visually yes, what I meant was storywise there's no different "DSC" and "Cage" variants but rather they're the same ship, unlike with the series where it's at least generally accept in official sources that there was a minor in universe refit, not to the extent of the one in the 2270s but more like the various refits Ent-E had during its service life.

Ah. I see.
  • katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Also The Full Embrace as an emote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.