test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Victory is Life Spoiler Policy

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Hey folks!

We want to make sure you can enjoy chatting about VIL without people who haven't had a chance to play yet getting it spoiled for them. So we're enacting a spoiler policy:

No unmarked spoilers for VIL, anywhere, until July 5th.

After that, unmarked spoilers will be allowed in the Victory is Life feedback forum. Unmarked spoilers will still not be allowed in General Discussion until after the expansion has been on Console for a week.

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Was that an inadvertant spoiler for console launch date being the 28th by any chance?

No announcement on the PS4 news page yet.
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    How are spoilers to be marked? Not that I intend posting any but is there an approved format or forum code to use?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    It's advisable to actually put [ SPOILER ] in the thread title itself to keep anyone from inadvertly clicking on a thread with spoiler information. Additionally, in a thread post, one could use the spoiler tags:
    [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ]
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Good policy
  • widlast#3003 widlast Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Is this also going to apply to your own posts? I was reading patch notes and found out there is some sort of a tube puzzle in a mission i have not played yet and apparently the only respawn point is at the start of the puzzle so if you die you get to repeat it
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    At this stage what's to spoil?

Also to clear that Name and Shame Shadow-banned Avatar from this Thread.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    To be fair, there wasn't much too spoil, as it felt like it was over before it started.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

This discussion has been closed.