test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DS9 Lighting and Freezing

jothan9092jothan9092 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Ever since the release of Victory is Life and the new Deep Space Nine model, the station has been near complete darkness. Plus, whenever I play the new expansion missions that take place on that interior, I have not tested older missions like from The 2800, I never know when the game will freeze. If I spend more than 5 minutes there, I am guaranteed a freeze. Going to the normal social zone DS9 interior outside of missions doesn't seem to freeze, which is odd. But I still cannot see much of anything, which might be why it hasn't froze yet, as I do not remain there long.

I am especially upset over this because the new DS9 was the biggest selling point for me for the new expansion, nothing else hyped me nearly at all (until the trailer published on the release date). To actually walk a virtual reconstruction of the station, and the only 360-degree construction ever made. I want this fixed for DS9 please, but feel free to allow this bug in any and every map of Age of Discovery.

Thank you and Yeshua bless y'all!

Post Script: before it is asked, I have toyed with the Bloom and Post Processing as recommended through in-game chat.
[SIGPIC]Cross at the center of M51--The Whirlpool Galaxy[/SIGPIC]
Noah Bartholomew Jothan,
Member of the "Christian Fleet Alliance"
Proclaimers of The Way, The Truth, and The Life
John 14:6

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Try toggling Post Processing OFF, wait a sec, then back ON to "reset". Per TacoFangs one of the Devs.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1240801/psa-ds9-lighting-1-0-blackness

My settings after toggling settings and checking in with @frtoaster:

On the Graphics Tab of Options: Post Processing ON and Bloom ON, Lighting 2.0 OFF, Shadows Medium.

I believe you must have shadows on Low, at least. @frtoaster is the shadows guy, he would know but won't be around to ask him for a while.

On the Advanced Tab of Options: Bloom Intensity is set to 0%. At least for me.

I believe this Bloom Intensity setting was something frtoaster and I concluded worked best for us.
    Make the settings change, hit "Apply", wait about 15 secs for the lights to come up.

++++++++++++++

I see freezing on DS9, also. Same mentioned by my Fleet Leader, and he has a WAY better computer than I do. So, you are not the only one seeing this on the new DS9. I moved my Jem'Hadars off the station....they all have free transwarp to DS9 for missions.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • jothan9092jothan9092 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    My settings after toggling settings and checking in with @frtoaster:

On the Graphics Tab of Options: Post Processing ON and Bloom ON, Lighting 2.0 OFF, Shadows Medium.

I believe you must have shadows on Low, at least. @frtoaster is the shadows guy, he would know but won't be around to ask him for a while.

On the Advanced Tab of Options: Bloom Intensity is set to 0%. At least for me.

I believe this Bloom Intensity setting was something frtoaster and I concluded worked best for us.
    Make the settings change, hit "Apply", wait about 15 secs for the lights to come up.

Deep Space 9 is up and running. Thank you! Hopefully it will not freeze anymore, either.

Yeshua Bless You!!!
    [SIGPIC]Cross at the center of M51--The Whirlpool Galaxy[/SIGPIC]
    Noah Bartholomew Jothan,
    Member of the "Christian Fleet Alliance"
    Proclaimers of The Way, The Truth, and The Life
    John 14:6