test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bridge Officer Sponsorship

mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
A lot of us have BOFFs that are quite old and could stand to retire and pass the torch to younger, more useful officers. But who can afford to get rid of an officer who has all the specializations and most of those rare skills, without some way to transfer at least some part of that investment to newer officers with better or more modern traits? I propose a Sponsorship protocol that would allow you to retire a BOFF and give some of this to new officers. Thoughts?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Which abilities do you mean? Bridge Officer manuals are pretty easy to obtain, there aren't many skills that even cost more then a couple hundred thousand on the exchange. Some of the lock box powers have a pretty high cost, but many of them aren't even worth half what's being asked for them.

It sounds like a good enough idea, but I think with costs for powers being what they are, most people will just rebuy the skills and recruit new officers.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Cost-wise, the lockbox ones are the worst and some of them run to multiple millions of EC, but the time it takes to track it all down would also be a factor.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Setting up a boff is pretty cheap IMO. Still, I hate to waste resources, so I never give a junk boff anything from a lockbox.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Setting up bridge officers is fairly easy to do. Unless you're going for the higher cost lockbox powers, boff manuals are insanely cheap on the exchange. Even for the higher cost lockbox powers there are methods that can be taught to farm EC and/or dilithium to flip to zen which can be used to open boxes or get EC. only give lockbox manuals and stuff to boffs you plan to keep
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    Cost-wise, the lockbox ones are the worst and some of them run to multiple millions of EC, but the time it takes to track it all down would also be a factor.

Some of the most expensive items powers like Structural Integrity Collapse or Distributed Targeting aren't even that good. The only one that I even use is Kemocite and that was because I picked up a bunch of them cheap when the market for them collapsed post nerf. Most of those prices are just taking advantage of rarity, they aren't worth what's being charged anyway. Unless you are swimming in EC and have a specific need for one of those powers, just skip them. Anything that can be player made in the R&D tab will be easily affordable.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Cold Fusion Flash.

The Boff Skills on the Exchange are more expensive than if you get them off their duffs and purchase the Skills from the Boff Trainer NPC.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.