test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO....holidays..on Risa and Q's wonderland.

moatas419moatas419 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
To start with..this is not a complaint. Just a suggestion for the developers. I am enjoying STO...mostly. I still have some stuff to learn, then do in a few areas that still elude and confuse me.
However...this is about the current holiday on Risa. I'm enjoying that...I like the island detail and such. My suggestion to the developers is...
I see the torches lit now and then on Risa...why not have a 'night' period? It doesn't have to be pitch black or even close, but an 'evening' mode might look pretty good and add a bit more to the searches for temporal artifacts and such....and imagine the moons...which I think is a song: "Moon Over Risa".
Just a thought...I can almost see it...the moons glowing...the lit torches..an occasional starship zipping off in to warp over head. Maybe we might see some of the orbiting vessels...as dots, during the evening period.
I hope STO developers see and read this...And..perhaps do it.
Thanks for your time...
Sincerely,
Moatas419.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    A long time ago, OP, there was nightime on Risa and I experienced it before the Lighting 2.0 update borked it, this is a FCT (frequently created thread). So not sure this will ever happen like that before until the next lighting update is done or they fix what went wrong with Lighting 2.0 first. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    Nothing went wrong with Lighting 2.0. It simply didn't support day/night cycles. It was a concious choice by the devs to go with this, and given that they were only used in two places in the game (Hathon being the other), it's a decision I support.

The devs have said that when the means becomes available to do it within Lighting 2.0, they will look at it again.