test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New recruitment?

binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
"Age of Discovery will introduce a reimagined starting experience that allows players to create a Federation character from the Discovery era"
to me it looks like we will get new rectruitment event soon... or is that too soon for it? and reputation tier 6? very strange to update those after so much time. wonder if they will do mjor updates to doffing and admirality maybe.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Only time will tell. But it will be interesting.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Looks to me like we ran out of CBS approved story hooks.

#CBScares
  • Options
    captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    I imagine this is more a "welp now that season 1 is complete we have eneugh material to do something with this, and we should proably have stuff from modern trek here"
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It would in fact be extremely odd if the DIDN'T add Discovery content. Especially after already having it in lockboxes.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    After just having made a new toon I don’t like the idea to get an incentive to do yet another. No event would give me the option to start one whenever I feel like it. An event would direct me into making use of it now.

What I would see fit is if they use the opportunity to rerun the temporal agent event over the Discovery tutorial release. Think that would be great for new players and would be of no consequence for veterans.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    After just having made a new toon I don’t like the idea to get an incentive to do yet another. No event would give me the option to start one whenever I feel like it. An event would direct me into making use of it now.

What I would see fit is if they use the opportunity to rerun the temporal agent event over the Discovery tutorial release. Think that would be great for new players and would be of no consequence for veterans.
    If they don't do an event, I probably won't make a new toon at all. And no, a rerun of Temporal won't cut it, I still have stuff to grind from the first one.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    If there is another recruitment I really hope they do a bit more than pile in as many of the timesinky options as possible. Granted options are slim but wouldn't it be better to have things that actually encourage folk to play the game beyond 5minutes queueing up stuff and logging off.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Made and finished 2 Delta Recruits, made 1 AoY recruit to unlock rep reward but otherwise not finished and no desire to finish, made 1 Zen'Hadar with zero desire to do anything with. The new Disco will be a placeholder too. Paid Zen on alt account to unlock Remans as a Temporal Recruit, also collecting dust.

After leveling 14+ toons with 3 mains and 4 support-mains, I'm sick of this game's repetition to the point I don't even want to play the new missions or anything.

Expanded end-game and worthwhile team interactions is the only direction left, along with critical bug fixes like unresponsive & resource-hogging UI but I loooooonnnggg gave up on that one.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    From the podcast it seems to be just an alternate start, some speculation it might coincide with a rerun of Temporal Recruitment, but that's all it is at the moment.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I would love to see our temporal recruits be able to pose as cadets and do the new missions, but I'm sure we will have to make new characters.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

This discussion has been closed.