test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duplicate Datachips for "Path to 2409" and "History of New Romulus"

I am starting to get furious over this system you have for obtaining Datachips for "The History of New Romulus" and "The Path to 2409".
I keep getting duplicate datachips for each faction, "The History of New Romulus" and "The Path to 2409". This is quite redundant and is beginning to infuriate me. I now have gone 14 intervals in a row of not getting a chip I don't already have on "The Path to 2409". For "The History of New Romulus" I had gone 10 intervals in a row without getting a chip I did not have. Then 2 days ago started getting chips I had already. I am doing them both at the same time on one character so I can finish the achievement. I now have at least 10 of each faction that I am selling on the exchange (24 total) as they are useless to me. That's another thing, I am also purchasing these on the exchange to help finish faster but I refuse to pay over 100,000 EC for any of the "The Path to 2409" ones and refuse to pay over 1,000,000 EC for the "The History of New Romulus" ones. Yet people are charging exorbitant rates for them. I know that what players charge is not in your control. BUT, ...There must be a way to fix this so we don't keep getting the same datachips until we have collected them all.
I payed quite a good sum of money into this game thus far and see no reason why I must be put to this sort of aggravation. This is a broken part of the game that happens to award an achievement. As I have payed money for this game, I should be able to expect to get a working product. I demand a fix, one that will prevent us from getting duplicate datachips until we have gotten them all.

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    The fact that we've paid money into the game is irrelevant - it's free-to-play!

With the chip-generation being random, it can certainly feel very unfair when you don't get what you need, especially when you get closer to completing the achievement.

After many years, I have only complete The Path to 2409 on one character, but getting the last few chips took a very, very long time. Yes, it was frustrating, but I had to be patient.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • joeconk#6652 joeconk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    @ inferiority: Paying money into a game is relevant when the game has parts that are broken...it's not a working product whether it's free-to-play or not. That's my take whether you agree or not. Thank you for your opinion on it, and I take it as just that, your opinion.
  • tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    > @joeconk#6652 said:
    > @ inferiority: Paying money into a game is relevant when the game has parts that are broken...it's not a working product whether it's free-to-play or not. That's my take whether you agree or not. Thank you for your opinion on it, and I take it as just that, your opinion.

Again, the chip generation is RANDOM. There is no guarantee of getting the ones you need, whether you pay money or not. This is not a bug, it is WAI. Why is this even here in this Subforum?
    > @joeconk#6652 said:
    > @ inferiority: Paying money into a game is relevant when the game has parts that are broken...it's not a working product whether it's free-to-play or not. That's my take whether you agree or not. Thank you for your opinion on it, and I take it as just that, your opinion.

Again, the chip generation is RANDOM. There is no guarantee of getting the ones you need, whether you pay money or not. This is not a bug, it is WAI. Why is this even here in this Subforum?

@ tmghost7729 Because I was told to put it here by support staff. You're opinions are just that, thanks for your input.
    Whether you dismiss our posts as just mere "opinions" is irrelevant. RANDOM chips are random, that is the fact. Period.

BTW, you do know that you can throw chips around your toons, right?
    tmghost7729, for the last time, I was asked to put this here by support staff. Are you support staff? NO, says you are Arc User just as I am. Thanks for your input.
    edited July 2018
    Regardless of what they told you since they didn't know what to do with you - it is not a bug, lol. You might feel entitled to different chips but for one last time - the chips drop at Random. It was like this ever since they appeared in the game and yes, it takes players ages to attain them all. That is the point, it is an MMO, they want you to spend time in the game by making certain items hard to attain to entice you to return to the game over and over. Capish?

Just trying to help and save you time, as you will accomplish absolutely nothing by posting this in here. :)
    Post edited by tmghost7729#8985 on
    I just got my last datachip today (one that was awarded by the daily not purchased). So if that was by fix of the reward chance rate then thanks for fixing, if it wasn't well then there's an idea.

I purchased my last one to get the achievement around 3 days prior on the exchange for an exorbitant amount of EC. So now I'm working on making the market more fair.

All together I'd say the reward rate for Path to 2409 repeated with no new datachip for max of 20 days for me. For History of New Romulus it went 6 days, then 14 days, then 7 days... so it jumped around a bit.

@tmghost7729#8985 This post is not just for you so where you think it should or should not be is irrelevant. If staff wants it moved then they will move it and they certainly have my blessing to do so.
    Random, lol. You just proved it yourself.
  • johnnypanic#0753 johnnypanic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Still looking for 2409 Vol. 6, Ch. 6. I've been searching for so long, I'm beginning to wonder if it even exists on PS4.
  • scrof#7781 scrof Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Still looking for 2409 Vol. 6, Ch. 6. I've been searching for so long, I'm beginning to wonder if it even exists on PS4.

Yes, it does. I started playing in 2018 and only got my last datachip a couple of months ago for my main.

• johnnypanic#0753 johnnypanic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @"scrof#7781" said:
    > Yes, it does. I started playing in 2018 and only got my last datachip a couple of months ago for my main.

That's good to hear (not that it took so, but that it exists), it gives me some hope, at least. Thank you.
  • scrof#7781 scrof Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    > @scrof#7781 said:
    > Yes, it does. I started playing in 2018 and only got my last datachip a couple of months ago for my main.

That's good to hear (not that it took so, but that it exists), it gives me some hope, at least. Thank you.

PM me your in-game username and email and I'll send it to you if I get it to drop.