test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Excelsior Gets a Visual Update and is On Sale!

2»

Comments

  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 511 Arc User
    It's amazing! Thank you very much! ^_^ ^_^​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    discojer wrote: »
    The problem is that the ship itself is virtually worthless as anything other than a novelty, due to its horrible BOFF layout.

    With weaponized emitters the Excelsior and Resolute can actually hit like a truck. Then again most people think there is only one build which works.

    Both the excelsior and resolute are very nimble ships, have a good staying power and decent tactical boff.
    This ship can both sing and dance when used correctly. Maybe it is not as easy to master as other ships due to the heavy engineering, but it is pretty darn good nonetheless.
    What's the spec seat on it? If it's eng, it should be good.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 7,680 Arc User
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Heh, that def means it doesn't have too much eng.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 7,680 Arc User
    Heh, that def means it doesn't have too much eng.

    Well it has a Commander Eng, ltC Eng/Command and Ensign Eng.

    The Ensign slot can be used for https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Structural_Integrity_Collapse

    With command specialization it'd be a shame not to use torpedoes so SIC has good synergy with that.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,948 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    That's exactly what I've been using for the ensign eng slot, also I use full command for the ltcom engi slots.
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Well it has a Commander Eng, ltC Eng/Command and Ensign Eng.

    The Ensign slot can be used for https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Structural_Integrity_Collapse

    With command specialization it'd be a shame not to use torpedoes so SIC has good synergy with that.
    If you are using the lackluster Improved Weaponized Emitters trait, then you probably should put Overwhelm Emitters I in the Ltc Command Ens slot. Then you have 2 Eng Ens, which isn't bad. With 2 Science Consoles, your Structural Integrity Collapse I is a waste.

    The Resolute is going to disappoint anyway, but it can complete content. You are not going to "hit like a truck" with 2 Science consoles and 3 Tactical consoles.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 7,680 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    Well it has a Commander Eng, ltC Eng/Command and Ensign Eng.

    The Ensign slot can be used for https://sto.gamepedia.com/Ability:_Structural_Integrity_Collapse

    With command specialization it'd be a shame not to use torpedoes so SIC has good synergy with that.
    If you are using the lackluster Improved Weaponized Emitters trait, then you probably should put Overwhelm Emitters I in the Ltc Command Ens slot. Then you have 2 Eng Ens, which isn't bad. With 2 Science Consoles, your Structural Integrity Collapse I is a waste.

    The Resolute is going to disappoint anyway, but it can complete content. You are not going to "hit like a truck" with 2 Science consoles and 3 Tactical consoles.

    With Command Overwhelm emitters is an option in the ensign slot. For the Ensign Eng SIC is the best option though.

    The trait Improved Weaponized Emitters is not THAT lackluster though, but you do need to keep in mind what it is that you're trying to do. It's all about debuffing and drawing fire. The additional damage is merely a cherry on the cake.

    Everything is focused to draw as much aggro and spamming abilities like SIC, OE, Endothermic and Aceton beam does that like a charm.

    Does IWE work better with more science consoles? Yes, but it works good enough on the Resolute for a radiation & debuff build.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,948 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    The Resolute is going to disappoint anyway, but it can complete content. You are not going to "hit like a truck" with 2 Science consoles and 3 Tactical consoles.
    That's why you get the fleet version for an extra tac console slot. ;)

  • pwemademedothispwemademedothis Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    LOVING the new Excelsior model!!! Unexpected delights like this keep a smile on my face and make it a joy to log into the game! Thank you!!!
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    With Command Overwhelm emitters is an option in the ensign slot. For the Ensign Eng SIC is the best option though.
    Why? The debuff on SIC is for physical and kinetic damage, and it scales poorly. SIC I is not even worth slotting if your Part Gens is below 300 with how poorly it scales. With your LtC Tac, how are you capitalizing on the reduced physical and kinetic resistance?
    questerius wrote: »
    The trait Improved Weaponized Emitters is not THAT lackluster though, but you do need to keep in mind what it is that you're trying to do. It's all about debuffing and drawing fire. The additional damage is merely a cherry on the cake.

    Everything is focused to draw as much aggro and spamming abilities like SIC, OE, Endothermic and Aceton beam does that like a charm.
    What?

    SIC, Aceton Beam, and Overwhelm Emitters have a 45 sec cooldown. Endothermic Inhibitor Beam has a 60 sec cooldown. All of these powers are single target. The majority of the content in the game is against MULTIPLE targets. Additionally, all of these abilities are based on Part Gens. The end result being that one enemy can be moderately debuffed and receive moderate radiation damage every 45 to 60 seconds. While you can invest in cooldown reduction skills, consoles and set bonuses, this is another example of how the Resolute needs MORE effort than similar ships for an average result... against a SINGLE target.
    questerius wrote: »
    Does IWE work better with more science consoles? Yes, but it works good enough on the Resolute for a radiation & debuff build.
    With such low standards, why bother? All the content in the game can be completed in T5U vessels. There are even some T4 vessels that can complete the current content. "It can complete Featured Episodes on Normal difficulty" is not something to celebrate.
    avoozuul wrote: »
    That's why you get the fleet version for an extra tac console slot. ;)
    If we are talking about the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser [T6], then why bother buying the Resolute? Just skip it and go for the Fleet version.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,259 Arc User
    redvenge wrote: »
    If we are talking about the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser [T6], then why bother buying the Resolute? Just skip it and go for the Fleet version.
    I have to admit the 'meh' console and sub-par trait do make the Resolute a questionable purchase. In hindsight, the only advantage of having obtained it was that it made the Fleet version cheaper to purchase.

    I can't honestly say that I use the trait as there are far better options, and the console was quickly relegated to the bank in favour of something more useful.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,948 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    redvenge wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »
    That's why you get the fleet version for an extra tac console slot. ;)
    If we are talking about the Fleet Advanced Heavy Cruiser [T6], then why bother buying the Resolute? Just skip it and go for the Fleet version.
    Because not only would you be missing out on the trait and console but it would be a huge waste of zen particularly if you want the ship on many different toons as you get the fleet version at a discount when owning the T6 version.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 7,680 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    redvenge wrote: »
    Snip

    Instead of complaining and closing your eyes for the possibilities i suggest you actually test this and prepare yourself to a big surprise.

    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    After messing further around with the Excelsior, I found out the graphical effects from certain set pieces actually made it look *quite different*, I can get it to look like in the pictures now, after disabling these visual effects. It took a little while to discover this, because I totally forgot about this mechanic, after a tiny break from the game. Of two years or so.

    But the Fleet version thus come with all the variants covered by the above documentation, when owning the appropriate ships.

    The difference is rather... dramatic... !
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 496 Arc User
    I wonder if we'll ever see the Advanced Transwarp destinations that don't work fixed. It's a shame that one of the traits of this ship remains broken.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Credit to the art department - the ship looks beautiful. If only something could now be done with the seating arrangement...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Sign In or Register to comment.