test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

400 phoenix boxes opened and check out this amazing drop rate.

13»

Comments

• lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    > @warpangel said:
    > Samsar is a nice Admiralty card (esp. when combined with the Nandi and Sarr'theln). The ship, not so much.

One other reason i forgot to add was the console that comes with it....a great heal and completes the 4 part set on my command ships....the improved platforms and the 33% increase to all energy damage is very satisfactory.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    lordbeefy7 wrote: »
    > @warpangel said:
    > Samsar is a nice Admiralty card (esp. when combined with the Nandi and Sarr'theln). The ship, not so much.

One other reason i forgot to add was the console that comes with it....a great heal and completes the 4 part set on my command ships....the improved platforms and the 33% increase to all energy damage is very satisfactory.

The console is pretty much the only redeeming thing for the ship, besides the bridge. Maybe the exterior, if you squint and put on the right ship visual parts. Other than that, it's pretty much the Kobali "Get Out and Push" jalopy when it comes to anything besides taking damage.
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I got the Risa Luxury Cruiser today from opening 300 boxes.
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I've opened a ton of these boxes and have only received one ultra rare (never an epic). But the reason I opened them was for the upgrades and some of the duty officers from the rares. So overall, I don't really have a complaint. If it was like the lock boxes where you end up getting a box of sand instead of a great ship, yeah, I'd be upset. But in opening these, you at least get something of decent value. You just don't end up with the great prize that you COULD get. I can live with that.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • generalkertag#2364 generalkertag Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    (Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    2j4zi3k.jpg

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    (Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Congrats, you can now upgrade all of your items to Mk XV for all characters.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I decided to take a chance today on a pack of 10 boxes, and finally got an epic! Granted, between the box and the daily free, I got like a purple, 3 blues and 6 greens as well! XD Or was that 6 blues and 3 greens? Still I tend to look at it as a win, no matter what I get - those upgrade thingies from greens are nothing to sneeze at!
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    [hand on mod sword] For a few folks in here we're not going to have the whole "are lockboxes gambling" debate again as that's an entirely different can of worms that's already been gone over many times. If folks want to discuss the drop rate of various prizes in the phoneix pack and talk about their drops or lack of, that's perfectly fine. [hand off mod sword]

Now that the obligatory statements are out of the way we can get to the fun stuff. By the odds alone it's possible that you could be the guy that never gets anything other than an uncommon. Likewise you could also be that guy that can drop an epic token at the snap of a finger. Obviously those are the far extremes of either side but that's besides the point. Phoenix packs are meant to be a dilithium sink to remove excess dilithium from the game. If they dropped an ultra rare or epic virtually every other box as some folks would have it, there would be no point to having them in game at all. At that point quite a few folks would just get their ship(s) and that would be the end of it. I wouldn't exactly complain if they were to up the drop rate on ultras and epics slightly but if they were to come up too high there wouldn't be a point in having the boxes at all.

Personally I've opened close to 6k that I would estimate at this point since their introduction to the game and have still dropped less than 30 ultras and epics, but I do in fact get ultra and epic tokens. For the record I've been playing a long time and rake in 200k dilithium per day when i sit and grind it out so dilithium isn't an issue for me. I've opened about 600 boxes this go and dropped 3 epics. Plus even if your luck epically fails and you only get an uncommon you can still flip that into one of the most useful tech upgrades in the game, so it's not like you're getting nothing.

"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    How do you rake in 200k dilithium per day? Not challenging it. Just extremely curious what events or queues you do that would garner that much?
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,713 Community Moderator
    How do you rake in 200k dilithium per day? Not challenging it. Just extremely curious what events or queues you do that would garner that much?

This topic is a bit out of date now for pc but i'll answer regardless.

I have 25 toons that are level 60+ that I can use to farm up dilithium. A main place I go is the dyson ground battlezone. doing the daily 20 hour quests in there, along with the 1 hour quest, and tagging 2 Vrex spawns at least will net you 8k dilithium ore, and if not a full 8k it'll be close enough that you can flip a few of the marks or elite marks you get to finish it off. Takes about 20 minutes per toon, or about 10 minutes per toon if the zone is lively. That would be about between 4-8 hours if I did all of them through the dyson zone a day, so I obviously don't do that. Admiralty is one good way I can squeeze a little bit of extra dilithium without taking too much time. I also use mining claims to crank about 5k dilithium per toon per day. Point being I've opened my fair share of boxes with cash and dilithium alike that it can pay for itself. Sometimes I split my toons between secondary and primary groups. When a dilithium weekend rolls around I'll do what I refer to as a "dilithium roast" on the secondary toons and grind out enough to keep them rolling for awhile so I only need to hit the button and collect. Once the secondary toons are good to go for awhile I then shift focus back to the primary toons.

Point being it's very rarely all from a singular source when I do all 25 toons in a day. You're welcome to drop me a pm and I can explain in greater detail than I can here. It sounds more complicated than what it actually is.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Welcome to Free 2 Play.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Agreed.. using an Epic on a Samsar.. what a shame.

Not if you like playing a doctor, ships dedicated to healing and saving ships are a thing in the 25th century and it's fun to build a ship that has the ability to keep everyone alive.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Queues? LOL! It's called admiralty+doffing including contraband.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    This time around the Very Rate rate seems to have been nerfed. I usually got about half as many VR as Rare, now it's more like 1/3 to 1/4
This discussion has been closed.