test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gamma Recruit cannot allocate specialization points; Known issue?

pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
I have seen an issue where Gamma Recruits cannot claim the reward for specialization, but I have not seen where anyone claims not to be able to allocate specialization points in the first place. I simply cannot "buy" new specialization abilities. Is this a known issue?

Comments

• wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I just hit this same issue today. I was able to spend specialization points a week or two ago, but now for both my Jem Haddar gamma recruits, I have spec points banked but when I select an unlocked spec I want to buy, the purchase button does not light up. I have tried zoning with no effect, and tried different specializations. The purchase button to spend a spec point seems permantly grayed out on both my gamma jems.

I am able to still spend spec points on normal fed chars and temporal recruits. It is only my gamma recruits that are affected. While I would normally suggest this might have been result of recent patch since it was working previously (I've spent 54 points on one char and 45 on the other so it was working until recently) I found the above post from June, so perhaps this has been ongoing for a while.

Can anyone comment?
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Ltminn reported that too (he couldn't add any specialization point), allegedly in a linkage with "Invalid Skills" status. And allegedly with the end of the recruitment event as the starting point. He also reported not only Jemm'Hadar was affected but also his other characters.
    ltminns wrote: »
    Was trying to apply a Spec Point last night but it wouldn't take so I checked the Skills and sure enough - Invalid. I had to Respec. This was especially frustrating after the whole freebie Phoenix Prize Pack Event Daily kerfuffle of having to go to Drozana to turn it in. I first thought that was a Gamma Recruit problem but after checking it out on another Character I could see that was system-wide.

However, my Jemm'Hadar which was affected by "Invalid Skills" issue, can add specialization points unlike you and Ltminn and seems to just be working fine. Also, none of my (other ~11) non Jemm'Hadar characters are affected.

P.S.
    In this regard, I have a "ghost" bonus trait, on both ground and space, on my Jemm'Hadar. That recruitment bonus trait is not practically active anymore but still shown. This trait was supposed to be temporary and be removed at the end of the event, and I suspect its staying/showing (though non active in practice) has a link to the Jemm'Hadar's "Skills Invalid" status.

May try to link topics later

This is also about invalid skills, however it's not reported there any issue regarding specialty points. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13398040
    This in general discussion so not a real report in a way (maybe a mod will merge it with others?) https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13398233
    Post edited by rndfluctuation#1470 on
    edited July 2018
    retrain button on your skills (you've got one to do for free if your skills are invalid) / respec would allegedly solve it but it would reset EMPTY (without further warning) ALL your space AND ground skills, AND space & ground related skills unlocks (on the button of the matching skill page) AND possibly even traits slotting/settings and who knows what else (or more exactly I am not sure what more is reset if any), so it's not something we do lightly or like to do. Not without any plan to skill or multiple screenshots etc or other ways to save the info before it resets and a vanishes.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I've had to double-click on the specialization skill I want on the skill tree from the beginning, rather than single-click to highlight and then clicking purchase.
  • captiansmirkcaptiansmirk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I had the Specialization point bug were I had points to spend but could not spend them. I would click on the skill I wanted the "Purchase" button would not activate.

I tried wideningxgyre's suggestion above and double clicked on the skill I wanted and it allowed me to spend the point. Worked like a charm thanks widening!
    thank you very much I quoted you elsewhere to try to give your help into the other topic where it was needed :)
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I just now logged in and confirmed this works.
    For my 2 gamma recruit jem haddar, if I click on an available (unlocked) spec slot, it does not select and the purchase button does not light up (remains disabled), but if I double-click the spec slot, I get option to purchase it. So I can now spend my recent spec points.

However, this is not the normal behavior...it began just within the past week or so. While a bypass is nice, this is an interface bug -- it would be nice if any member of STO crew that monitors the bug forum can comment on this.
    edited July 2018
    They seem to have fixed the invalid skills issue (last maintenance? it changed allegedly somewhere between yesterday and today)

Thank you cryptic for the fix, and ofc wideningxgyre for the working workaround, btw.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    FYI, my comment about affecting other Characters was related to that Phoenix Prize Pack Event Daily freebie and DS9/Drozana issue and not the Spec Point problem. That was strictly the Gamma Recruit (moot now).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns