test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

(PS4) Rep Sponsorships

surfacewarrior#8890 surfacewarrior Member Posts: 46 Arc User
So, I am trying to grind out the reputation section for New Romulus, because I want to create a Reman character.

I notice there is a “Sponsorship” option.

Has anyone on these forums been sponsored? If so, did it help?

Would someone be cool & sponsor me for New Romulus on PS4? I will pay it forward & sponsor someone else.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    You can only sponsor yourself...

The tokens are something you produce for yourself, on a character that has already completed a given rep, and then transfer to new alts, so that it "only" takes half the time to level your alts.

The tokens are also account bound... So sadly, despite A LOT of people out there being willing to help you, they can't.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    I wish we could give them out to people but you can't sponsor other people in the manor you're thinking. You can only sponsor your other characters if you have at least 1 row of an account bank. When you reach tier 5 in something such as Omega, you then have the ability to create a reputation sponsorship token you can move to one of your other toons. With that reputation token it will only take 20 days to max out the Omega reputation from zero to tier 5 instead of the standard 40.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • surfacewarrior#8890 surfacewarrior Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Well that sucks. Letting people sponsor each other would help build more of a sense of “community” by allowing people to help each other.

Honestly, I don’t even care about the ship. I just want a Reman character. I created an “alien” character with a Reman “complexion” & gave him a Romulan forehead, humanoid eyes & Romulan-like hair & eyebrows. My idea was for him to be a cross-breed between Reman & Romulan to bridge the gap of intolerance between them & play for the Romulan faction.

I like the Romulan storyline. You get to play “diplomat” & make peace with the Klingons & Federation. Having a half-breed, son of a former slave be a force working for peace & understanding is cool.

But, then I found out that I can unlock the Reman character & get the traits of a Reman, then I can mix in some of the traits that Romulans have (not the specifics, but the shared) & now I want to stop the storyline where I am at & start over with a true Reman.

Can you guys tell me if there is anything different in the storylines for TOS Starfleet & Federation other than the initial “Agents of Yesteday” story arc?

I started my first character as a Delta Recruit. But, started another as a TOS officer. Now that I’ve completed the “Agents of Yesterday,” I am just repeating the same things I did with my main character.

If there is nothing different in the stories other than the “Agents of Yesterday,” then I won’t I see any point in playing & leveling up that character.

In addition to my Federation & TOS officers, I have an Orion with the Klingons & want to do the Romulan storyline. I just don’t want to play the same storylines, because it gets boring.
    Well that sucks. Letting people sponsor each other would help build more of a sense of “community” by allowing people to help each other.

Honestly, I don’t even care about the ship. I just want a Reman character. I created an “alien” character with a Reman “complexion” & gave him a Romulan forehead, humanoid eyes & Romulan-like hair & eyebrows. My idea was for him to be a cross-breed between Reman & Romulan to bridge the gap of intolerance between them & play for the Romulan faction.

I like the Romulan storyline. You get to play “diplomat” & make peace with the Klingons & Federation. Having a half-breed, son of a former slave be a force working for peace & understanding is cool.

But, then I found out that I can unlock the Reman character & get the traits of a Reman, then I can mix in some of the traits that Romulans have (not the specifics, but the shared) & now I want to stop the storyline where I am at & start over with a true Reman.

Can you guys tell me if there is anything different in the storylines for TOS Starfleet & Federation other than the initial “Agents of Yesteday” story arc?

I started my first character as a Delta Recruit. But, started another as a TOS officer. Now that I’ve completed the “Agents of Yesterday,” I am just repeating the same things I did with my main character.

If there is nothing different in the stories other than the “Agents of Yesterday,” then I won’t I see any point in playing & leveling up that character.

In addition to my Federation & TOS officers, I have an Orion with the Klingons & want to do the Romulan storyline. I just don’t want to play the same storylines, because it gets boring.

I don't think things would go the way you expect.

There are plenty of ways the players could create a sense of community, and all those methods end up on... The exchange.

If they allowed us to sponsor each other, it's significantly more likely that 99% of the tokens would end up on the exchange rather than being traded directly to players.

As for changes: Some of the "Generic" characers in the stories have been replaced by the canon actors, such as Kira, Bashir and Quark... But all in all, it does not really make a difference.
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Keep an eye on risa, more specifically the ferengi for the artefact hunt for some odd reason they didn't do the switch at the start of the summer event on consoles but on PC they changed him out for the one that appears in the captains holiday episode and voiced by "rom".

AOY is a glorified tutorial, jem hadars have the same kind of thing couple of missions to get you going and dropped into the story everyone else can see often coming across situations where characters react in an odd manner given your race, for example there's founders that don't acknowledge you're one of their footsoldiers.

Hold onto the delta recruit as once you level them and do the various tasks you unlock stuff for the others on the account which does help a wee bit. Not as mindnumbingly grindy as the gamma recruit stuff either.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    AOY is a glorified tutorial, jem hadars have the same kind of thing couple of missions to get you going and dropped into the story everyone else can see often coming across situations where characters react in an odd manner given your race, for example there's founders that don't acknowledge you're one of their footsoldiers.
    Because you're not. The jem'hadar join the Alliance in the beginning of the gamma arc, they don't participate in the earlier missions, those are simulations. You are in a holodeck playing the part of the Allied captain(s) who actually did those things and the NPCs behave in historically accurate manner.
    warpangel wrote: »
    Because you're not. The jem'hadar join the Alliance in the beginning of the gamma arc, they don't participate in the earlier missions, those are simulations. You are in a holodeck playing the part of the Allied captain(s) who actually did those things and the NPCs behave in historically accurate manner.

That sounds like head-canon...

Don't get me wrong, I am fine with people having head-canon, but I don't think you can actually back up that statement with a source of any kind.

I can easily accept if you can of cause, just provide link.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    anazonda wrote: »

Don't get me wrong, I am fine with people having head-canon, but I don't think you can actually back up that statement with a source of any kind.

No, it sounds like the only logical explanation to the character being granted access, after the fact, to missions that were conducted years before he came to the alpha quadrant, or even received his ship, by factions that his government wasn't friendly with at the time. If you think you can "head-canon" a different explanation, I'd be interested in hearing it.

I do admit I don't remember the wording of the message when unlocking the content. It's not repeatable.

No, it sounds like the only logical explanation to the character being granted access, after the fact, to missions that were conducted years before he came to the alpha quadrant, or even received his ship, by factions that his government wasn't friendly with at the time. If you think you can "head-canon" a different explanation, I'd be interested in hearing it.

I do admit I don't remember the wording of the message when unlocking the content. It's not repeatable.

I agree that it dosen't make sense, but since your explaination is not stated anywhere in-game or from an official Cryptic source... It's head-canon.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    edited July 2018
    ^Then you just want to argue the point, because they definitely didn't go back in time to participate in those events.

Anyway, all of that is off topic.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    azrael605 wrote: »
    From PC Patch notes 6/28/18

Added an accolade for completion of the Gamma Quadrant story arc.
    Jem'Hadar additionally receive a notification that upon completion of "Tenebris Torquent" they unlock the ability to play simulations of their allied faction's missions.

There it is, officially we are running sims.

The mean moderator above told us to stop discussing it...

(is he looking? No? Cool... You win ;) )
    Ah! I am offended! I am not mean!
    :tongue: :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    ^Then you just want to argue the point, because they definitely didn't go back in time to participate in those events.

Anyway, all of that is off topic.

"More of Starfleet's temporal shenanigans?"

Actually... this is as plausible and excuse liek the holodeck one, and seems like something Starfleet would do. "Here, hop back in time and get caught up on all that's happened." I mean, you're only going back what? 2 years, at most.

I use time travel to blame Starfleet and the Federation for everything. Like any self-righteous, self-proclaimed goods guys, that have an agenda to push. I fully expect them to use time travel to nudge events to make things go as we see in game. Because that's the only way the "friendship is magic" story line would ever work.

There are time in the story line, even my Federation characers would look at the the NPCs like, "Man, you really woke up on the wrong side of stupid this morning didn't you?" Two cases of this that come to mind right off, Kobali and Iconia Past. In both cases all my characters would have remained neutral and let things take their natural course.

Well, in the case of Kobali, personally I'm with the Vaadwuar here. All space zombies should be exterminated.

Jem'Hadar additionally receive a notification that upon completion of "Tenebris Torquent" they unlock the ability to play simulations of their allied faction's missions.

Then who is to say we ever graduated the academy in the first place? This could all just be training simulation for everyone. Of course we could all be stuck in a really bad trip within the Nexus.

Going wit this line of thought. I like the being stuck in the Nexus one the best.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    trennan wrote: »

Then who is to say we ever graduated the academy in the first place? This could all just be training simulation for everyone. Of course we could all be stuck in a really bad trip within the Nexus.

Going wit this line of thought. I like the being stuck in the Nexus one the best.

I remember jokingly stating in some thread, (I think it was one of those that keep popping up complaining that it doesn't make sense for an Academy graduate to promote to Fleet Admiral in 2 years), that the story started off with us going into a Holodeck. Who's to say if we ever came out?

The Nexus Theory: Plot Twist! Khaj'buur is a future version of the player character that's been trapped in the Nexus for centuries!
    GrWzQke.png
    My main did not start in a holodeck...

I was pretty much tossed into my entire command crew dying and heading straight for Vega...

Of cause, that was almost 10 years ago...
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited July 2018

I was pretty much tossed into my entire command crew dying and heading straight for Vega...

We're talking about the way back in the tutorial mission for Fed/Kdf, where you go to the holodeck for weapons training. The episodes are training exercises, the queues and battle zones group training. Be one hell of a way to crank out a trained officer in the 4 years worth of academy time.

Edit: Ok is my mouse bugging, or is it the forums? Click once, get a double quote.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited July 2018
    trennan wrote: »

We're talking about the way back in the tutorial mission for Fed/Kdf, where you go to the holodeck for weapons training. The episodes are training exercises, the queues and battle zones group training. Be one hell of a way to crank out a trained officer in the 4 years worth of academy time.

Edit: Ok is my mouse bugging, or is it the forums? Click once, get a double quote.

I realized that...

What I am saying, is that there wasn't a holodeck when My main was made... heck... there wasn't even a Starfleet/KDF Academy... Heck... there wasn't even a ESD as we know it... Heck... there wasn't even a mission called "infected"... Heck...

Seriously... I could go on.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User

I was referring to how the jems are interacting with others during the gamma arc.

BZ training for gamma would be simply reading "how to go afk for dummies" & "how to twiddle thumbs and other methods for avoiding boredom while waiting in a queue". Actually entering into the holodeck would be an automatic fail of the class.
This discussion has been closed.