test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

400 phoenix boxes opened and check out this amazing drop rate.

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    lordbeefy7 wrote: »
    Well i got an epic last night....first time ever. I buy 10 boxes on each toon at every phoenix.....no more. ..grabbed myself the samsar since i have wanted that ship like forever!
    What a waste. Congratulations anyhow, I guess.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Agreed.. using an Epic on a Samsar.. what a shame.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Agreed.. using an Epic on a Samsar.. what a shame.

Lol....its for completedness....i have most everything else thankfully. Next epic will get downgraded to 2 ur for 2 of the t5.

Samsar is nice anyway....lol
    lordbeefy7 wrote: »
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > Agreed.. using an Epic on a Samsar.. what a shame.

Lol....its for completedness....i have most everything else thankfully. Next epic will get downgraded to 2 ur for 2 of the t5.

Samsar is nice anyway....lol

All good man... if you're happy with it then that's all that really matters. :smile:
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Samsar is a nice Admiralty card (esp. when combined with the Nandi and Sarr'theln). The ship, not so much.
    warpangel wrote: »
    Samsar is a nice Admiralty card (esp. when combined with the Nandi and Sarr'theln). The ship, not so much.

True, I do get a lot of use out the Samsar admiralty card.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Two of my Characters had the Samsar as their main ship for almost two years. It was only after I made a concerted effort to complete Mastery that I equipped a new ship. Just goes to show you how much I played those Characters in the interim. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I open them for the tech upgrades. I've opened several hundred, maybe over a thousand, not sure don't keep track, at this point and have never got an epic and only 2 or three ultra rare.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    At current zen exchange rates 1.6 million dil would get you roughly 6400 zen.

Go buy a ship that is an account wide unlock or buy keys and sell them for EC to buy ships on the exchange if you want a guaranteed ship.

It's just not a good strategy to buy keys or phoenix boxes if your sole purpose is to get a ship. I look at it more like I'm getting equipment or upgrades in exchange for dil, and if I get a ship, it's a bonus, not the purpose of opening them.

Otherwise, you're just going to make yourself crazy.

If you go into a meeting expecting to get fired, but get a 5% pay increase, you're stoked. If you go into a meeting expecting a 20% increase and only get 5%, you're pissed.
    Post edited by wideningxgyre on
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    nimbull wrote: »
    That looks really tasty to me, lots of item upgrade tokens. :p

True, but hardly encouraging for someone like me who would really like one of those damned Risian Luxury Cruisers. That degree of devotion from the OP sort of proves that getting one is unlikely to happen. I doubt that I will ever waste another ounce of dilithium to get any additional prize packs other than the daily freebie. So, thanks for the heads up on this genuine waste of time, energy and precious resources.
  • omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    No one is forcing you to buy them, if you dont like the drop rate well, dont get them.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Last Phoenix Event I opened 400, got a epic one after about.. 300'ish?

This time I bought another 400, I got a epic one after 15'ish.

One time I randomly decided to open a Cardassian Lock Box I got of the exchange to get Lobi crystal's and I wound up with a Galor Class Starship, so.. lol.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User

Not specifically aimed at you, but why is this Epic token such a big deal to ppl? You can get some Breen carriers (yawn), and that Voth looking-like-a-very-wrong-sex-toy Bulwark ship, etc. Most of which I already either have, or am not interested in.

I get the Phoenix boxes for the Phoenix Upgrades. Stocked up an another 1,200 again; so I'm good to go for Mk XVI.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Not specifically aimed at you, but why is this Epic token such a big deal to ppl? You can get some Breen carriers (yawn), and that Voth looking-like-a-very-wrong-sex-toy Bulwark ship, etc. Most of which I already either have, or am not interested in.

I get the Phoenix boxes for the Phoenix Upgrades. Stocked up an another 1,200 again; so I'm good to go for Mk XVI.

I don't want or need epic tokens, I'm after tech upgrades and some things for my char like the shotgun etc. OH! And the emotes of course.

I just wanted to share my numbers on getting the epic token! :)

I'm looking for Rare ones this time to correct the injustice perpetrated with the Kobali Uniform in the before times. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    OP, I do understand how you feel somewhat, Sorry to say I have all the Epic ships but over the course of the events since the beginning I've gotten 2 of the Epic tokens, 2 UR getting 1 of them yesterday opening 30 boxes. All I was wanting was some of the doff's and upgrade tokens. SO I use one of the UR getting a bug ship for the pets for my Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier T6. Don't do it for the top dollar item, You have to be very lucky to win one or in my case 2. Wish I could sale them. I do wish you the best of luck...
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    My luck gambling luck must have run out. Only 2 URs, but I’m definitely not complaining about the 4 million in Dil that I spent for the boxes to get the upgrades. Just have to wait for an upgrade weekend to roll around to make every single Dil worth it.
    The JHAS won't slot into the Vanguard Ships. You need the newer Frigates for that. The JHAS Pets work on the 'regular' Jem'Hadar T5 and T6 Ships only.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    ltminns wrote: »
    The JHAS won't slot into the Vanguard Ships. You need the newer Frigates for that. The JHAS Pets work on the 'regular' Jem'Hadar T5 and T6 Ships only.

Isn't that a bit silly? I mean, those 'old' JHAS pets cost us a fortune, back when, to finally unlock. Pets (and I think most do) should just work on any ship with hangar bays.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    (discussion of moderation removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    My Vanguard has all the Jem'Hadar Ships (almost), the freebie JHAS starter, I pulled a prize from a few of the Promotion Infinity R&D Packs that occurred after ViL dropped and took the JHSS. I have the Vanguard Pack so all five of the Vanguard Ships and the T5 JHDC, JHEC. I sold two Son'a ships and an extra Vonph I had in the Account Bank and picked up the T6 JHDC, JHEC, and JH Light Battlecrusier in their place.

Now I don't have the Recon Ship but there is no way I would waste another selection from the Infinity R&D or pay ~1.4 Billion for a duplicate of what I already have for a different Specialization.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Well I think that Frigate type Pets were pretty much locked to certain ships. The freebie VR Swarmers were locked to Obelisk Ships, while the Fleet VR and Elite could be used anywhere.

I would not use the word silly, more like stupid. The rigermorole people had/have to go through to get the bloody JHAS Frigate pets was bad enough but to not let them fly off the Vanguard Ships is ridiculous. More Dilitium sucked out as you need to buy the new Vanguard VR or Elite Frigates as well.

When the stats came out for the Vanguard Pack Ships, and people found out the Vanguard Jem'Hadar started with a JHAS, the big question was - 'will that starter unlock the Frigate Pets?'. It now seems that was the wrong question as it should have been 'can I use my JHAS Pets on the new Ships?'.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    You couldn't be more wrong.

Technically, I could, but I'm holding back!

• conceptz82conceptz82 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    246 Uncommon
    106 Rare (Gonna trade into 212 uncommon)
    48 Very Rare (Gonna Trade into 192 uncommon)
    1 Epic (Banking thattill i decide what to do with it)
    Final Total 650 Tech Upgrades
    Dil Spent 1.6mil for 400 + 1 free box
    Cost per tech upgrade 2461.5 dil

I'm quite happy with the results i got, the epic token is just a bonus. If you buy these trying to get the ships be prepared for dissapointment.

The drop rate for UR and Epic tokens is very low, they offer some good rewards on the 3 tiers of tokens that are easy to get, and put the tech upgrades which are the most in demand item in the lowest tier.

Most people convert everything down to an uncommon for them since the zero dil upgrade cost on them plus the token exchanging higher tiers down makes the cost of them alot lower than the dil upgrade cost on others.

Then ontop of that if you wait for and upgrade weekend it is even better. I will be saving them for that, so with the upgrade weekend i will get 102.4k upgrade points per tech upgrade used for the very sweet price of 2461.5 dil.

The VR and Epic and basically the grand prize tokens, as such are very rare drops, they are pretty much the equivilant of winning top prize on a scratch card. Never open with the sole goal of getting a ship you setting yourself up for frustration. Open for other stuff you would like from there and the tech upgrades and just hope to get lucky.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    it WOULD be nice to be able to add lower tire to get higher tier, say 25 common to get one rare, 25 rare to get one vr 25 vr .. etc>
    Spock.jpg

• shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    I have 800000 dil in the bank. Bought 100 before. How many more boxes should I get?
    lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg
This discussion has been closed.