test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Not being offered 64-bit client option?

Does anyone know why this would be the case? I'm on Win7 Ultimate 64-bit, and I've yet to see it implemented for me, despite others saying they are with Win7. And yes, I know it's not really an 'option', but I'm still under the 32-bit, and the box for 'Use 32-bit client' is not shown under my launcher options, even after logging in and getting to the 'Ready' state...

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Does anyone know why this would be the case? I'm on Win7 Ultimate 64-bit, and I've yet to see it implemented for me, despite others saying they are with Win7. And yes, I know it's not really an 'option', but I'm still under the 32-bit, and the box for 'Use 32-bit client' is not shown under my launcher options, even after logging in and getting to the 'Ready' state...

Have you tried a force verify?
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »

Have you tried a force verify?

Apologies if this is posted twice, and I'm not seeing it: the forum ate the other reply I left, it seems :|

Thanks for the reply! No, I had not tried to Force Verify, as I had thought it was only for the game files, and this is a Launcher issue. However, I did just do a Force Verify, and nothing has changed.

I'm down to thinking it's something to do with where it installed on this machine; it is not in 'Program Files (x86)', but for some reason put it in 'Users\Public\Games'. It's been so long since I installed it on here (2011), that I don't know why it did it, or if it even said why in the first place.

I'm also using launcher version CL_2018_06_22_08_32, which only updated to that version sometime last week; previously, it had been on version CL_2018_06_13_14_47.

Since Force Verify did not work, I'm again thinking A) the Launcher Version is not updating properly, so I don't have the correct version to run 64-bit, or B ) that it's the install path that is preventing me from running it as 64-bit, for some reason...
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    A NON professional reply (from a player):
    Are you sure you don't run the 64bit version? Is it not the default? (unsure)

Note: As far as I know, the 'Use 32-bit client' option is only shown after you logged in on your client, and before you clicked "Engage", or something like that. Press the cogwheel to see the options after you logged in and before pressing engage.

Off course if ARC auto connects for you (rapid login option ticked on?) you might lose this step - though I'm unsure at this moment how this works

P.S.
    I think it's the correct current launcher's version and I have it too. Also I use the 32-bit myself, by purpose (my OS is Windows 7 Home 64bit, but with a law amount of RAM) so can't help in other things/verify the information beside saying the above points of things to check.
    I don't have knowledge regarding path issues in this regard, or any limitations (yes, I understood you run a 64bit OS). Though as far as I know, and this is another point, 64bit will only really help you if you have a lot of memory, say, more than 4GB.
  • Options
    A NON professional reply (from a player):
    Are you sure you don't run the 64bit version? Is it not the default? (unsure)

Note: As far as I know, the 'Use 32-bit client' option is only shown after you logged in on your client, and before you clicked "Engage", or something like that. Press the cogwheel to see the options after you logged in and before pressing engage.

OFC if ARC auto connects (rapid login?) you might lose this step

Yes, I'm sure it's not running the 64-bit: Task Manager lists it as 'GameClient.exe*32', which is the 32-bit version.
    Yes, it may be the default now, but not for me, which is the point of this whole thread.
    Yes, I'm making sure to be at 'Engage' before checking the Options, and it's not shown up at all...
    No, 'Fast Launch' is not selected.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Although it is a real pain, and really time consuming if you don't have a high speed connection, I would try totally deleting and reinstalling both Arc and the game itself. Although I don't remember where and which ones (maybe someone can chime in here) you can copy certain config files somewhere else before deleting the game, and then copy them back after the reinstall so you don't have to go back and re-do all your game settings.

Although I now seem to remember a thread from a while back about changing one of the config files to force the game to use 64 bit client. That thread was from back when a patch first installed the 64 bit client but there was no option to actually use it yet. Some enterprising players figured out how to make the game use it anyway. I'll see if I can find it.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Found it, it's a long read and some portions of it hint that your install location could be part of the problem. Anyway, something in there might help.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1236675/64-bit-game-client
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    arionisa wrote: »
    Although it is a real pain, and really time consuming if you don't have a high speed connection, I would try totally deleting and reinstalling both Arc and the game itself. Although I don't remember where and which ones (maybe someone can chime in here) you can copy certain config files somewhere else before deleting the game, and then copy them back after the reinstall so you don't have to go back and re-do all your game settings.

Although I now seem to remember a thread from a while back about changing one of the config files to force the game to use 64 bit client. That thread was from back when a patch first installed the 64 bit client but there was no option to actually use it yet. Some enterprising players figured out how to make the game use it anyway. I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks for the suggestion, although I don't use Arc at all (my install is from the release era, well before Arc was ever thought of). I've contemplated just moving the whole install - since another post elsewhere says it's self contained - to the 'ProgramFiles(x86)' directory and seeing what happens...

I have seen a '32-bit' line in the config file, but changing it had no effect; I'll look over that thread, though, and see if I've missed something. EDIT: this is 'PrefEntry Launcher.Use32 0', and the '0' should mean that it's forcing x64, but it's not...

And yes, I'm about down to it being where the installer put it in the first place being the culprit, even though I have both x86 and x64 folders in that directory...especially since rndflactuation said their installer version is the same as mine...
    Post edited by majorhalcyon on