test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Cardassian ships...no level 6 unlock?

If the idea was to promote the Gamma things, Dominion starships and new DS9 stuff; and the new Vanguard Jem'Hadar ships were all new with new Level 6 Unlocks. Why didn't the Cardassian Ships get the same treatment? I'm puzzled by this, and just quietly there is new Spiral Wave weapons now?, where did those come from?

Just 'some' of the odd things i've noticed since the newest Expansion was launched.

Best Answers

• coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 9,653 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Cardie ships are claimable for all all factions...so just claim it on whatever toon you want.
  • coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 9,653 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    yes, you have to farm on each toon as it is a cross faction ship. Yeah, I wish they would have all ships get a T6 for an account unlock of traits. It would make the people who don't want to farm on alts happy and since T6 actually takes at least a little bit of time instead of the nano second that T5 takes, it will keep the work for it crowd happy too.

Answers

• captinaverycaptinavery Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Yeah I know the ship is available to any toon that you have, I was talking basically about the Trait Unlock, so you don't have to 'farm' Exp like all the others. I thought that was the whole idea behind the "6th Unlock upgrade".
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    The "6th Unlock upgrade" was specifically put in to allow non Jems to claim and use the Jem ships and that was it's only purpose...other than hopefully getting more people to buy the ships, and increasing play time metrics as they strive for the Tier 6 unlock so they can use the ships on their non Jems.

Currently ship traits are still locked to actually flying the ship until you hit tier 5 with it. It probably won't change any time soon, if at all as Cryptic seems very reluctant to make any game changes which will cut down on the amount of "forced" play time user must go through.

There is some hope though, they did make event rewards account unlocks, which greatly reduced the time people with numerous alts spent playing/running events.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png