test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sally Ride Admiralty Card Location

Comments

• meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    jelly0 wrote: »
    It's in Narendra System in the Beta Quadrant.

Does not appear to be account wide.

This is bull, should have had the same deal as the assimilated cruiser and phoenix craft.

'Bull'?! Geez. At first I thought it was a 1-day deal only. Then I figured they would change the location every day. And that you would have to scan for her intensively (like when searching for anomalies). Turns out you can just fly up there and claim her, immediately.

Some ppl are just too lazy. I claimed the Admiralty card on my 3 toons, all inside of 5 minutes.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    No, it's unnecessary tedium. They should've made it so you only have to go there once to get an account reclaim.
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    jelly0 wrote: »
    It's in Narendra System in the Beta Quadrant.

Does not appear to be account wide.

This is bull, should have had the same deal as the assimilated cruiser and phoenix craft.

'Bull'?! Geez. At first I thought it was a 1-day deal only. Then I figured they would change the location every day. And that you would have to scan for her intensively (like when searching for anomalies). Turns out you can just fly up there and claim her, immediately.

Actually, come to think of it, I'm a little disappointed they didn't go this route. I was hoping it be like a hunt, a mini-mission of sorts, where you need to scan for her, and then, YAY, may find her. Now it's just 'Fly up there, and claim her.' Yawn. Missed opportunity, IMHO.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for all the info. I'll go search her out later, we're heading into town in a bit and I have biscuits I need to make to go with the leftover steak from supper, for breakfast.

We don't get that too often, so enjoy it when we do.

I have quite a few toons who are level enough to use it right now.

As for bull? Hardly. You can't bring yourself to fly up and claim it per toon? Lazy, lazy.

I mean...it's going to be there till the game folds, what's the problem? Not like there are time constraints or something.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    > @avoozuul said:
    > No, it's unnecessary tedium. They should've made it so you only have to go there once to get an account reclaim.

Perhaps you'd like Cryptic to send someone roumd your house to give you a gentle massage and cook you a nice steak dinner while they're there?
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    What I suggested was reasonable and not unrealistic like you're trying to make it out to be.

There's people with up to 54 toons, do you really think they would want to pull out every single one just to claim something they could've easily implemented as an account reclaim? There's plenty of other stuff which was made reclaimable, there's absolutely no reason why they can't do the same with this card.

If this was a mission reward then that's another story.
    As was said, it isn't going away, so you could go claim it anytime you're on one of your 54 toons, and then go your merry way and do whatever you had planned to do with said toon to begin with.

I myself don't have 54 toons, but probably a bit less than half that. Still, not all of them can use the card yet, so they'll get it when they do open up admiralty. Not like you only have 24 hours to get it on all toons.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    So, let me re-ask this question, where can I watch this Shield Of Tomorrow series? I went to Geek & Sundry, but Episode 1 is missing, and everything is a mess on that site, with Episodes here and there. I would really love to watch this! Thx.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    echatty wrote: »

Thx. But I haven't seen ANY of it, so I was looking for Episode 1 first. Which seems oddly absent.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Ah, okay. Found it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09zD7OyRCkM
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    echatty wrote: »
    Ah, okay. Found it on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09zD7OyRCkM

Thank you!!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    You're welcome. APOTS :)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    I for one am thankful for this science ship as kdf. Even if it is a petaQ ship.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    madmopar wrote: »
    I for one am thankful for this science ship as kdf. Even if it is a petaQ ship.

How do you feel about the KDF joining the Federation?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    What I suggested was reasonable and not unrealistic like you're trying to make it out to be.

There's people with up to 54 toons, do you really think they would want to pull out every single one just to claim something they could've easily implemented as an account reclaim? There's plenty of other stuff which was made reclaimable, there's absolutely no reason why they can't do the same with this card.

To be fair, if you somehow have 54 active characters then you’re probably spending a ton of time in game anyway. If some of them are inactive then they don’t really need the card anyway.

Sure, account unlock is easier, but asking you to simply fly up and hail the ship is a pretty small ask. As you said, they could have just as easily lock it behind an episode reward.

Insert witty signature line here.
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    First of all, thank you to the devs for giving us this ship/card. I would've preferred an account wide unlock. Those are always nice. I also wish I knew for sure that it was a permanent addition to the game before I flew all of my toons out there, especially the ones that don't have slip stream yet. Even so, this was a lot easier to get than the Pastak, and I thank you for it.
    Thanks also go to the people who made the online show. I haven't seen it yet, but, if nothing else, you've inspired the devs of this game to give us a free playing piece. For that, I just might check out your show. (I didn't know about it until the give away announcement.)
    @madmopar it's better than the Malon garbage scow!
    @baddmoonrizin thanks for clearing some things up. I'm glad my future characters will still be able to claim it. Wait...*shudders with fear*...what's this about the servers shutting down?
    edited July 2018
    ^They've already said that it is in the game forever. You don't have to rush to get it on toons you don't play as much as others.

Ah, you saw that already. My bad. I intend to get it across accts eventually. I have 17 or 19 toons on my main acct. I don't intend to ever have 54, but I'll probably add a few more and It's nice to know that the SR will always be there, waiting to be hailed.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »

To be fair, if you somehow have 54 active characters then you’re probably spending a ton of time in game anyway. If some of them are inactive then they don’t really need the card anyway.

Sure, account unlock is easier, but asking you to simply fly up and hail the ship is a pretty small ask. As you said, they could have just as easily lock it behind an episode reward.

The game is always going to balance the needs and wants of the entire player base, not cater to any extreme. And let's face it, 54 characters is extreme by most standards. It's unlikely that anyone is actively playing all 54 characters. For the vast majority of players with that many characters, they're purely farming dil, something that Admiralty does very well and this freebie will greatly assist in doing.

I'm certainly not suggesting the game punish people, but likewise, I don't see that it's such a big deal to have people do something as simple as fly to a star system to obtain something for free that would clearly assist them. And really, you only have to fly part way there, change instances to get right next to the starbase, then fly about one-ish more sector.
  • madmoparmadmopar Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    > @anazonda said:
    > madmopar wrote: »
    >
    > I for one am thankful for this science ship as kdf. Even if it is a petaQ ship.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How do you feel about the KDF joining the Federation?

I embrace it! Kahless teaches us that
    pujwI' HIvlu'chughquvbe'lu'.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    I have 54 characters. No, I don't use them to farm. I happen to like variety, as I have at least one of each playable race on each Faction. That said, I've collected the Admiralty Card on a dozen or so. Not all of them are played as intensely as others, so eventually, when they get out to Narendra through normal gameplay, the rest will pick up the Admiralty Card then.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    madmopar wrote: »
    > @anazonda said:
    > madmopar wrote: »
    >
    > I for one am thankful for this science ship as kdf. Even if it is a petaQ ship.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How do you feel about the KDF joining the Federation?

I embrace it! Kahless teaches us that
    pujwI' HIvlu'chughquvbe'lu'.

pujwI' HIvlu'chughquvbe'lu'
    translates as, crossing the hivlu'chugquv not.

Not entirely sure what you were going for here. But, I don't think that's something Kahless would teach.

If the KDF joins the Federation. I'll just have to adjust all my klingon character to be a renegade. This would be the slow death of the Empire. Remember on this, "There is nothing more important to a Klingon, than the Empire." So for anyone that really plays a klingon, the Alliance, the Federation, the Romulans, and everything else, even the Great Houses, are secondary concerns.
    I have 54 characters. No, I don't use them to farm. I happen to like variety, as I have at least one of each playable race on each Faction. That said, I've collected the Admiralty Card on a dozen or so. Not all of them are played as intensely as others, so eventually, when they get out to Narendra through normal gameplay, the rest will pick up the Admiralty Card then.

I don't have that many. But I did go ahead and get this on all my characters. On some of my low levels, I kept trying to get out and push. Making that trip at warp 5, was not overly entertaining.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Man, I have 7 characters and one open character slot.

I haven't used that last character slot because I can barely handle the 7 that I already have. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    ^Yes, Warp 5 does suck. LOL. I was lamenting this just the other day while leveling my new Cardassian toons.
    GrWzQke.png
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    they should have had her jumping around randomly every 10 minutes or so
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Just wanted to thank the Devs for giving us the Sally Ride Admiralty Card. This card was most needed. Thank you again. :smile:
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > I have 54 characters. No, I don't use them to farm. I happen to like variety, as I have at least one of each playable race on each Faction. That said, I've collected the Admiralty Card on a dozen or so. Not all of them are played as intensely as others, so eventually, when they get out to Narendra through normal gameplay, the rest will pick up the Admiralty Card then.

I'm going to hit 20 characters when I get to making my Cardie (I've been busy and I have a Vanguard Jem that's been quite fun).

I hear ya. I've been having a lot of fun with my Van'Hadar, too. :sunglasses:
    GrWzQke.png
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    I just got clarification on this, and the U.S.S. Sally Ride is a permanent fixture, folks. Current and future toons will be able to claim the Admiralty Card from now til the servers shut down.

Out-freakin'-standing! B)

This discussion has been closed.