test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SOLVED: Moldy Oldy looking for casual double-fleet.

sanctifsanctif Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2018 in Fleet Recruitment
(Fleet found - the far too long post is still here, if you feel like punishing yourself)

Aloha,

What is a Moldy Oldy?
Let me circumlocute or at least minimize the overexposed ‘started at AC*`’ brouhaha. Short version: 75 MMORPG later, in STO, characters are: Fed - Fixit & Aerial; KDF - Upscale, Elle’Mental & Gurambaba (@sanctever). Started STO (after short presence in beta) in december 2017.
*Asheron’s Call by Turbine.

Casual you say?
Well, yes, fanatically so at times but well, first there is the universe. Then life (I think). Then of course chocolate chip cookies. And finally: STO and all its wondrous citizens.

Double-fleet?
Yes I very much would like to be (a moderately useful) part of a group of people that have Fed & KDF ‘sister’ fleets. Do not need to be very advanced. Spire 3, existing or short-tracked, would be extra-nice.

Mostly, Yours Unruly is looking for a never-ever-rude group of social people. I am quite happy with PG-13 chat even though I would not easily be vexed; hey I am Dutch pretty much unvexibubble. What can you do? :)
Now then: if you would allow me to express my dislike for lots-of-rules? STO is a place where I want to have fun, not live by someone’s schedule. Much like perhaps most MMO players I have enough OCD in me to satisfy my BOFF’s needs – the rest of my time should be ‘wild & outrageous’.
‘Keel Murdah Mjutilayt, Murdah Murrmaydah, Dezintugreyt!’

This cap’n is looking for folks who like to help each other but do not expect someone to drop everything whenever their warpcore becomes a tad unstable. I solo quite a bit but about 50 of these games ago I decided ‘Solo Is Not Alone’. Can still chat, look things up, and do all the other stuff you really do not want your parents to know about.
I do like to team; so far mostly for short periods. All those Q’s that I am trying to get a hang of are pretty darn good fun.

For myself, ever since leaving my first online game (DikuMUD) only to find I rather missed the friends I made, much more than the actual game: as of AC I tend to gather friends and we drag each other to whatever game we care & manage to focus on. Generally my interest is not with levels (although I have 3 muckups maxed), credits (note I will gladly profit from your impatience by outrageously overpricing Gagh), dilithium or xp; my interest is in people, and, well, ‘game mechanics’. I am an explorer at heart and do badly in games that do not have an ‘unstuck’ command 8-).

So, preferably I (with alts…) would like to be in (a) medium-sized Fleet(s); if at all possible with (or with prospect of) a capacity to Upgrade ship(s) to Fleet Quality. Hey, I am nevah evah going to be the worlds best pilot, so I will grab whatever way I can increase my own, and consequently sometimes your, survivability.
If I had to make up a rank in a Fleet for myself, it would be ‘Court Jester’. A bad one, at that. After all: ‘Happy are those who have taste, even if it be a bad taste!’ (Friedrich Nietsche)

Looking forward to any reaction(s) here,

Yours in-sin-seriously,
Fix

PS No, I will not Fix your ship. Unless you pay exorbitant wages, of course. I do carry around a copy of ‘The Miser’s Delight’. Predominantly for profit-margin-calculations.

* Seeking the bubble reputation
* Even in the cannon's mouth.
-
* As You Like It (William Shakespeare)
Post edited by sanctif on

Comments

• Options
    deadbeat36deadbeat36 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    these are the kind of people i'd like to play with so if there is any more room in that fleet thingy megingy you found let this old TRIBBLE know about it so i can come and annoy the TRIBBLE out of all the youngsters by calling them millennials :D