test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cardassian Science Build

txcavaliertxcavalier Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I have never built a science character. I've made it up to 65 without spending any skill points. Does anyone have a placate/confusion style science build? I think it will fit my race theme. The Cardassian Intel Science Dreadnought will be the main ship I use.

Comments

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    SO...
    Science Ships are built on one of three themes..Control (Gravwell) ...DrainX (Tykens)...and EPG (The Damage part of exotic builds).

Placates only "sorta" affect NPCs and confusion stuff is not really effective as NPCs dont do alot of damage to each other given their super high hit points..At best you've temporarily stopped 1 or 2 ships form shooting at you for a short time and have an even longer cooldown before you can use it again..

But if you insist on placates..Buy 5 research consoles with EPG/Control. Add more ControlX (Jem hadar deflector is not a bad choice...Neither is the Bajoran Deflector) as necessary until you reach about 400 Control X. This way if you want to move away from the science placates and confuses to Gravity Well and other Control abilities you can easily and they should be quite effective.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• txcavaliertxcavalier Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yeah, I went ahead and built the character around my original idea. It does seem underwhelming so far. Thanks for responding. I'll probably have to re-specialize. If I do, I'll follow one of the three path suggestions you offered.