test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 2018 Risa Lolhunat Festival!

123457»

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Or slot it at the time and use next year's Vouchers to complete the then project and run next year's project on s different Character.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I don't think the Horga'hn hunt is being phased out. Yes, the festival is more race-oriented, but the Horga'hn Hunt is very popular for us favor=hunters. I'm having an easier time of the Artifact Hunt without the red indicator than I did last year when I had it. The "Hot/Cold" indicators work much better. I'm able to get 3-4 toons through it before time expires, so that makes me happy.

I can also get through the races quite easily. Do I ever W/P/S? Hardly ever, but I at least Finish. I've been getting an egg or two on average in four statue hunts too. Only rarely do I not find at least one egg. I don't buy them, but my friend does because she only has limited playtime and can't seem to find them when she hunts, so I hoard favors and give her a stack when she needs them.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    this event needs definitely more stuff to do. And for a paradise land, this site seems sad. The winter event is easily more funny.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I've solved the problem with the Scavenger Hunt, I don't do it. In fact, so far this year, I just log on one Character to do the Daily Flying High and that's it. I did bring my Gamma Recruit there to unlock the Store
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    I don't have a problem with either hunt and since I've been able to find the artifacts quickly, that's not such a stress anymore.

I still enjoy all the events on the island and cycle through both my accts, mostly trying to get some of the accolades on my newer acct.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    I don't think the Horga'hn hunt is being phased out. Yes, the festival is more race-oriented, but..

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we had the same schedule last year. They added the races in pairs because they're 7.5 minutes long, while the other events are 15m. And 'new' content was highlighted. So when the biathlon premiered, it got two slots. When the Artifact Hunt premiered, it got two slots. Etc. The dance & horgahn hunt going down to single slots (years ago) was just to make space for the "new" events being featured. Nothing 'phased out' about them.

(That said, now that the artifacts & races aren't 'new' content, they could be pared back down to a single time per cycle. That would make it an hour long again, I think. Doubt it'll happen, though. Or if it did, they'd drop the dance & horgahn rewards down a bit since they'd be more frequent.)
  • misterperseusmisterperseus Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    The red pointer for the artifact hunt is still there, but you can't be on the ground. there is a sweet spot that you have to hover in, too high and nothing, too low it's underground.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I don't have a problem with either hunt and since I've been able to find the artifacts quickly, that's not such a stress anymore.

I still enjoy all the events on the island and cycle through both my accts, mostly trying to get some of the accolades on my newer acct.
    Honestly the #1 thing to remember with the artifact hunt is that the locations are preset and not actually all that numerous.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I am pretty sure that it's not the same schedule as last year, we did have two horg hunts and two dances per cycle then.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I am pretty sure that it's not the same schedule as last year, we did have two horg hunts and two dances per cycle then.

Hmm. I'd swear I remember being annoyed at the 1.5hrs between Horgahn Hunts before this year. /ponder
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @sennahcherib said:
    > this event needs definitely more stuff to do. And for a paradise land, this site seems sad. The winter event is easily more funny.

More stuff? Its overcrowded with stuff. I'd rather have it pared back to how it was a couple years ago and eliminate the biathalon and scabenger hunt entirely.

well when you don't like race, there is a little to do. the scavenger hunt is boring as hell, and most of the time i can't see the red thing on the ground.

Put neelix on Risa, for cocktails recipes and the possiblity to earn a talaxian stuff each year (swimwear etc); they could add diving, fishing, everything else than races. The dance stuff could be more funny too, it's just click on a stance, and always the same. I play at this game since a long time now, and nothing really evolves during this event.

Like I said the winter event is funnier.

btw I'm not a fan at all of Neelix (I don't like either Voyager), but during the winter event, this character adds something interesting.
    edited July 2018

Honestly the #1 thing to remember with the artifact hunt is that the locations are preset and not actually all that numerous.

Yeah, I remember where most of them are and I don't actually need the red pointer. I start flying when I get the green light and adjust a bit towards the nearest dig site on my flight path. I've been finding them mostly within a couple of minutes. Only the dig sites I'm not as familiar with give me a bit of trouble.
    avoozuul wrote: »

No, the schedule this year is the same as it was last year. I've been doing these since before they added the artifact hunt and biathlon.

There was only one horga'hn hunt and dance-off.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    edited July 2018
    I don't agree, I can tell that the dance event was spread out further.
    Don't agree all you like, but I remember clearly that the horga'hn hunt and dance-off happened every hour and a half last year, as it does this year too. You are remembering before they added the biathlon and artifact hunt, when they could do two dances and two horga'hn hunts per cycle.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    edited July 2018
    I know that there wasn't two sets of biathlons and races so close together.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    I've timed it out that during the artifact hunt, I can fly to Drozana, get my Phoenix box, come back, do "Flying High" and still have enough time to raise my birds and monkeys.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
    I just do Phoenix box first, flying highs on my family's accts first thing when I get up. Then do my Phoenix boxes/flying highs/birds/monkeys.

Then I cycle through whatever activities pop after that. First on my main acct and then on my F2P.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • danquellerdanqueller Member Posts: 501 Arc User

Like I said the winter event is funnier.

Personally, I'm glad of that. Let the Winter event be funny with Q, and the Summer event to be -FUN- with stuff to do that isn't about silliness.

As to other things than racing (which you get a reward for even if you don't place 1st-3rd place), there is dancing, sand castle building, artifact hunting (which is quite easy if you just think about it and not try to do every direction at one time), and the time-honored tradition of just relaxing on the beach. Not everything has to be 'funny', and there is something for everyone on Risa...even if not everything is.

Now, if only they would bring back the day/night cycles, we could add night beach parties.....