test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The galaxy is open, where might things go now?

As the question states I have been curious on this subject of late now that all four quadrants are available for the most part. I would like to give some suggestions such as a possible idea on investigating the galactic and great barriers, maybe including the Kelvans as well as the false "god" entity on Sha Ka Ree, with possible new ships like the SS Valiant type popping up. Or looking into the machine race that turned Voyager VI into V'Ger, maybe have a connection to the makers of the whale probe. Many mysteries yet to consider now with perhaps one involving the Romulan War which while I feel it might be a good way to include more Enterprise era ships, such as the Warp Delta type, SS Emmette, even maybe single episode ships like the Wisp ship, I am unsure how it could be integrated without resorting to another time travel plot line. Anyway, like I said I am simply curious where things could lead now as well as extending that curiosity to what others may think could now occur.

Answers

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Moderators, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 55,870 Community Moderator
    They kinda already have a nod to V'Ger in STO. The Borg Unimatrix ships.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sirsitsalotsirsitsalot Member Posts: 2,748 Arc User
    How about an ancient gateway that leads to another galaxy. A galaxy which the Alliance can explore, colonize and industrialize TOGETHER to obtain resources and technology that can help in the on-going struggle against the enemies of the Milky Way galaxy. This would be an ideal way to introduce a new exploration system that could procedurally generate sectors and star systems that would persist. This system would exist to provide on-going daily exploration, colonization and industrialization events in an ever-expanding series of connected sector blocks, as well as an expanding series of scenarios for each of the three categories. This would provide meaningful long-term gameplay that would be there during those long stretches between episodic content releases.

An expansion dedicated to something like this would be something that might just encourage me to spend some money on whatever related C-store items might drop. Can't speak for anyone else, but the prospect of exploring is one of the things that originally drew me to this game. And aside from a half-baked madlib mechanic that always felt like a placeholder for something bigger and better to come later, it has never really delivered solidly on that selling point. It would be nice if they would at least try to do an expansion-scale exploration mechanic...

Just my 2 slips of gold-pressed latinum.
    There can be no meeting of the minds between two parties
    if both parties are not willing to meet in the middle...
  • finneousfinneous Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I think the Kelvans were from the Andromedan galaxy.

Edit: From Memory Alpha ( http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Kelvan ): The Kelvans were an intelligent and rigidly disciplined non-humanoid species from the planet Kelva, located in the Andromeda Galaxy, and masters of the Kelvan Empire. Only a few Kelvans were known to have traveled to the Milky Way Galaxy.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Moderators, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 55,870 Community Moderator
    finneous wrote: »
    I think the Kelvans were from the Andromedan galaxy.

Which we know the Iconians were present in, and there are apparently Gateways there as well.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,252 Arc User
    Umm how about we find new Khitomer first?
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • usskentuckyusskentucky Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I like Lost Sock Planet. Make it happen, Cryptic!