test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

about the baseball uniforms

does anyone know why the baseball caps are locked to offduty unis?
i can understand the uniform itself but i dont understand why we cant use that caps on standard uniforms

Comments

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Because it was so often you saw Sisko wearing his baseball cap when he was on duty?
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    oh true but we rarely saw a combat armor either ? =)
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Because someone at Cryptic made it so. No other reason.
    ah. well thanks for the replys all and enjoy the summer event and most of all have fun
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    We're allowed to violate canon in so many other ways, I wish Cryptic would relent and remove the "off duty" restrictions from costumes. Let us have our fun our way if we want to create a Baseball Away Team or Surf's Up Combat Squad Dudes.
    We're allowed to violate canon in so many other ways, I wish Cryptic would relent and remove the "off duty" restrictions from costumes. Let us have our fun our way if we want to create a Baseball Away Team or Surf's Up Combat Squad Dudes.

well we can hope for that, not likely to happen i think but we can still hope =)

So everyone with their busty vulcans can run around everywhere in a bikini so they can get their rocks off?
    lianthelia wrote: »

So everyone with their busty vulcans can run around everywhere in a bikini so they can get their rocks off?

Sure, why not? If they prefer that to the many free TRIBBLE video sites, who does it hurt?

I'm a straight male, but I'm not going to feel outraged or threatened if I fight alongside someone (male or female) who wants to command a squad of brawny men or pretty boys in board shorts in a battle zone. IDIC.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    that's why I'll write to CBS to ask Kurtzman to put Burnham in a bikini on the bridge. At least for a few secs. Then Cryptic could allow swimwear everywhere...
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • lordludicous#6518 lordludicous Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    YBWyACJ.png
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    All I need is a long sleeved t-shirt or compression shirt under the uniform so my Lethean doesn't look like a Frankenstein monster with his hands sewn on human arms. Haven't they heard of Under Armor on Star Trek?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited July 2018
    YBWyACJ.png

Sorry...never seen a single Starfleet, Klingon, or Romulan officer ever wear a bikini on their bridge.

Even in the Mirror Universe a Orion servant was in a standard uniform. Not to mention dressing skimpy is canon for them...but not for any other kind of officer in any other kind of faction

latest?cb=20100618234545&path-prefix=en
  • lordludicous#6518 lordludicous Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    YBWyACJ.png

Sorry...never seen a single Starfleet, Klingon, or Romulan officer ever wear a bikini on their bridge.

Even in the Mirror Universe a Orion servant was in a standard uniform. Not to mention dressing skimpy is canon for them...but not for any other kind of officer in any other kind of faction

latest?cb=20100618234545&path-prefix=en

You completely missed the point. What you did or didn't see in the show has nothing to do with it. In THIS game, people are already going around like in that pic I posted. And because of that, there is no reason to say someone couldn't go around in a baseball cap. I'm not comparing the idea of wearing around a baseball cap to what you see in the shows, I'm comparing it to what you ALREADY see in this game.
    [

You've also never seen a Federation captain on the shows carry out their official duties while flying a Breen ship armed with Tholian mines and Cardassian Disruptors. Then beaming down to an away mission while armed with a Herald staff.

Like I said up above, this game allows captains to violate canon in many other ways. Having the crew wear baseball uniforms, bikinis or mercenary garb is mild by comparison.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    I noticed the new DS9 allows you to wear off-duty uniforms.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I got one and find it disappointing that the colors on it is faded compared to the tooltip example.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I got one and find it disappointing that the colors on it is faded compared to the tooltip example.

Make sure you bought the HOME uniform....not the AWAY uniform. The HOME team wears their colors. The AWAY team always wears the gray, low color option.

You know...it is kinda sick that I even KNOW this. LOL! I guess, I have too many baseball fans in my life.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    had i known this bring about a small bit of flamewar id never had posted the question,,,

and thanks all for the replys, and we never know what the future holds, maybe we will be allowed some sort of caps to wear on duty uniforms =)

Just have to laugh out loud every time some clueless prude puts out this particular myth. :D

Everyone with their busty vulcans (or any other species that has females) can "run around" everywhere in a bikini. That is, it so happens, not among the arbitrary restrictions Cryptic has chosen to burden us with.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

Just have to laugh out loud every time some clueless prude puts out this particular myth. :D

Everyone with their busty vulcans (or any other species that has females) can "run around" everywhere in a bikini. That is, it so happens, not among the arbitrary restrictions Cryptic has chosen to burden us with.

Excatly! Plus Orions have been able to do this since the beginning of the game. Which goes to show that not everyone plays Starfleet officers. Hell, I don't even have one any more. Even if I put them in a Starfleet uniform, they're just a mercenary paid to go here and kill that. Since this is all we do.

It's also why we have off duty or civilian outfits. Like Mercenary or Omega, from Task Force Omega, the merc outfit for that task force. Since MACO and Honor Guard are the two faction specific ones.

So, no one in this games is a Starfleet officer. Just mercernaries that choose to wear ugly onsies instead of decent uniforms

Which, if you want one in real life. Here you go, you can go here and buy one for $24.99.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/khni/?mrkgcl=507&mrkgadid=3189410656&itm=81907417837_product_type_clothing_product_type_sleepwear&rkgid=3189410656&cpg=ogpla&source=google_pla&adpos=1o1&creative=185039712916&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKCAjwj4zaBRABEiwA0xwsP8sI-rpyeR6j_15MGt2RBL15YEgv3gXaVpXZokKooU3WDlsqlUzTVxoCUsUQAvD_BwE
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited July 2018

It is already perfectly possible, without exploits, to dress up your Off Duty character in a Criss-Cross Halter/Sling Bikini/Mini-T top and Leeta's Mirror Universe short-shorts, and bare feet. And run around ESD, your ship's bridge, or in Super Dramatic Combat Against Evil.™

Do you see this everywhere? No?

Pretty sure that if they opened up the rest of the costume bits, people would go nuts with it for the first couple weeks, and then it would die off back to what we have right now. A few people here and there.

...and honestly, what we have right now is already a circus of wacky cosplayers compared to canon. Bright-colored bare midriff jackets, ugly Christmas sweaters, Herald outfits, other cultures & centuries civilian wear, and 7of9's shiny catsuit. Just to name a few. Your cries of "but they never showed that in the show!" are really kind of weak in regards to what we have in this game.
    (and hey, we'll ignore all the times they wandered the halls of the Ent-D in all sorts of odd outfits while heading to or from the Holodeck or the Gym. It didn't happen in a story, but I'm pretty sure that if a Red Alert/Alpha crew to the bridge popped up when they were busy? They'd be on the bridge in combat wearing Troi & Crusher's aerobics-wear or Worf's cowboy outfit.)

...and, "but, but, but, canon!"-wise, let's not even discuss the ships we're flying around in. Especially the ones that should hav odd environments or user interfaces (Tholian ships? Undine bio-ships? Etc....)

Oh, yeah, and the people making crazy body shapes, like the Johnny Bravo/Mr. Incredible super-massive torso dudes.

But, Canon! (as well as But, Dignity & Professionalism!) sailed years ago.
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Oh, yeah, and the people making crazy body shapes, like the Johnny Bravo/Mr. Incredible super-massive torso dudes.

2d0zgq.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Mm5NeXy.gif
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    Uniforms. Can you wear them off risa?
    if you can can BOFFS wear them. it wouel be a hoot to run around the voth battle zone in the away team uni's
    Spock.jpg

• tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Baseball uniforms CAN be worn off Risa. I'm not sure about boffs wearing them though.
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

Excatly! Plus Orions have been able to do this since the beginning of the game. Which goes to show that not everyone plays Starfleet officers. Hell, I don't even have one any more. Even if I put them in a Starfleet uniform, they're just a mercenary paid to go here and kill that. Since this is all we do.

It's also why we have off duty or civilian outfits. Like Mercenary or Omega, from Task Force Omega, the merc outfit for that task force. Since MACO and Honor Guard are the two faction specific ones.

So, no one in this games is a Starfleet officer. Just mercernaries that choose to wear ugly onsies instead of decent uniforms

Which, if you want one in real life. Here you go, you can go here and buy one for $24.99.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/khni/?mrkgcl=507&mrkgadid=3189410656&itm=81907417837_product_type_clothing_product_type_sleepwear&rkgid=3189410656&cpg=ogpla&source=google_pla&adpos=1o1&creative=185039712916&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKCAjwj4zaBRABEiwA0xwsP8sI-rpyeR6j_15MGt2RBL15YEgv3gXaVpXZokKooU3WDlsqlUzTVxoCUsUQAvD_BwE

if someone was making Niners jerseys I'd buy one :smiley:
    Spock.jpg

tm706 wrote: »
    Baseball uniforms CAN be worn off Risa. I'm not sure about boffs wearing them though.
    No boffs.
    tm706 wrote: »
    No boffs.

Also, no breaking it apart into separate pieces. Wear the uniform, or something else. I bought one uniform to find that out. Which, like the rashguards, making them useless.

Oh right, you can't wear the rashguards off Risa.

So the baseball uniforms are the #2 most useless outfits one can get from Risa.

Mm5NeXy.gif
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    kiralyn wrote: »

2d0zgq.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

Haha...this is what I mostly see in Risa.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.