test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Artifact Hunt FX for directions are missing.

lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
So when scanning for artifacts i'm not seeing the usual red vector lines on the ground. Have tried this in several areas of the map and they don't appear at all.
Something seems bugged here, anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: It seems zooming way back out from the character and looking directly overhead makes the marks appear but not 100% of the time. And often in the tree canopy this is impossible as then you can see anything through the trees.
SulMatuul.png
Post edited by lordsteve1 on

Comments

• realclarealcla Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I am having the same issue.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    There are a lot of core key graphics that are missing right now. Something is very broken.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    i managed to find it in 7 minutes cause i guessed right. not cause i knew where i was going.
    it is now day 3 of the risa event and the artifact hunt cannot be played, some of us cannot do the races on the water, so all i have is the hunts and the dance off, and all i can do right now is the hogran hunt. well, its time to fix the artifact scanner so i can do those too. its thursday, maintenance day, so it should of been fixed this morning. how come it wasnt? enough is enough.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • realclarealcla Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »
    i managed to find it in 7 minutes cause i guessed right. not cause i knew where i was going.
    Same I got lucky.
  • unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    So when scanning for artifacts i'm not seeing the usual red vector lines on the ground. Have tried this in several areas of the map and they don't appear at all.

EDIT: It seems zooming way back out from the character and looking directly overhead makes the marks appear but not 100% of the time. And often in the tree canopy this is impossible as then you can see anything through the trees.

I'm having the same issue. It seemed very random when it would show up regardless of whether or not I zoomed the camera out. As others have said, more often than not, I'm finding the artifact by luck.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

I'm having the same issue. It seemed very random when it would show up regardless of whether or not I zoomed the camera out. As others have said, more often than not, I'm finding the artifact by luck.

Yeah there's a few maps out there now so it's maybe better to just fly round the locations on the maps and you'll find it soon enough, there's only 16 places i think.
    SulMatuul.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    It is really hit or miss with those red lines, this year. Zooming out does help, but some areas it is not visible.
    I have to pay closer attention next time...to see where they are missing.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    So I was thinking a better way for this event to work might be just to stick with the tried and true tricorder scan. When the artifact is placed on the map, two echo’s are also place in the alternative locations. Using the tricorder will randomly point to one of the three. If the player is near an echo when the tricorder scan run, it will remove that as an option. rinse and repeat until the item is found. If two echo’s is not enough then add more. The trick is that echo should be clustered cannot be on the opposite side of the map.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    So I was thinking a better way for this event to work might be just to stick with the tried and true tricorder scan. When the artifact is placed on the map, two echo’s are also place in the alternative locations. Using the tricorder will randomly point to one of the three. If the player is near an echo when the tricorder scan run, it will remove that as an option. rinse and repeat until the item is found. If two echo’s is not enough then add more. The trick is that echo should be clustered cannot be on the opposite side of the map.

They may not be able to do it on the Risa map....since the Tricoders are set up to locate the horga'hns for that Horga'hns Hunt.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin